Friendship Christian @ Gordonsville

croz6110

As an FCS fan, I have to say congrats to G'ville. FCS hadn't lost a game since September 29th of LAST YEAR (won 10 straight) but we got completely out played tonight. Back up QB Mitchell almost pulled it off. FCS had some really bright moments but couldn't knock it in when it really counted. And to the G'ville player who had the late hit out of bounds obviously trying to take our QB out for the season.....there are no words. You have much to learn in life. Just hope you figure it out before you get out of high school.

As an FCS fan, I have to say congrats to G'ville. FCS hadn't lost a game since September 29th of LAST YEAR (won 10 straight) but we got completely out played tonight. Back up QB Mitchell almost pulled it off. FCS had some really bright moments but couldn't knock it in when it really counted. And to the G'ville player who had the late hit out of bounds obviously trying to take our QB out for the season.....there are no words. You have much to learn in life. Just hope you figure it out before you get out of high school.

I was wondering when the "late hit" would be brought up.

They met inbounds at full speed. That sideline is about 2 1/2 yards to the fence. I don't think either one pulled up. It would be hard to stop before hitting the fence.

FC had as many Unsportsmanlike penalties as Gville, and one of our players were run into the fence on our sidelines.

Besides, he wasn't trying to take him out for the year I'm sure. Just letting him know he was there.thumb[1].gifA person would like to think he could pull up but it's harder than you think.

As for Mitchell, he's a great athlete and a heck of a punter, but he was just throwing the ball up and the receivers were making plays.

BTW, is there any news on Long's injury? What was hurt?

Edited by croz6110

Long is definitely gifted, but I think he's somewhat of a showboat.

He highstepped into the endzone on his first TD run, why it didn't get called, I'll never know.

And, I'm wondering. His helmet came off two plays in a row and he never left the field.

Both teams had linemen lose a helmet and had to come off a play.

Last week, we called a timeout to avoid it and Watson still had to stay off a play.

I saw it...but Gordonsville showboated a couple times too...and i also saw the helmet deal.

My take on the game was Gordonsville played dirty ball on defense...and it worked...good job.popcorneater.gif Cason ran harder than ever.

Hope we can give ya'll a good game next week.

]

I was wondering when the "late hit" would be brought up.

They met inbounds at full speed. That sideline is about 2 1/2 yards to the fence. I don't think either one pulled up. It would be hard to stop before hitting the fence.

FC had as many Unsportsmanlike penalties as Gville, and one of our players were run into the fence on our sidelines.

Besides, he wasn't trying to take him out for the year I'm sure. Just letting him know he was there.thumb[1].gifA person would like to think he could pull up but it's harder than you think.

As for Mitchell, he's a great athlete and a heck of a punter, but he was just throwing the ball up and the receivers were making plays.

BTW, is there any news on Long's injury? What was hurt?

Anyone who was at the game saw it was 100% intentional....it was designed to rattle the qb. Did it work ? HALE YES IT DID...Go Vols.

Edited by slimshady

Congrats gville, hard fought Region 4 game. Your line played well and your young back ran with a lot of pride. Looked like he got his bell rung late in the 4th by Martin and got up a lil wobbly.

It's ashame that so many people want to cast FC as a one man show. I felt like Ian Isbell #62 played Coen toe to toe and should warrant Mr Football consideration down the line if his play continues at tonight's level.

On another note FC started 3 soph's in the O-line and at times 2 in the d-line, both RB's and the fb were soph's. To line up with that many underclassmen playing Gville's 20 something SRs 3 wks into the season I thought we competed pretty well, remember FC Doesn't do spring fball. Come Nov I think we will be very tough. I also think gville better get it done this yr or it may be another 30 yrs before they can.

Finally, I'll say TC better strap it on tight next Fri. THE 21 yr plaque will end!!

I noticed that FC started quite a lot of underclassmen. Isbell is good, but when I watched Coen was driving him off the ball. Granted I only watched closely a few plays. Wood is huge and should be special. I was impressed with Hollis last year as a freshman and Taylor will be very good.

Facts are facts, FC goes as Long goes. I'll be honest, after that first run, I don't know if I would've let the ball leave his hands. Remus, IMO, is a very special player. Full steam every play. He's the one that got #7 addled on the KO return. He was in one more play and had to come out. I think Remus and Long make FC's offense.

It was obvious, to me anyway, when Long was out FC wasn't near as effective. If he stays healthy, FC could have a special year, but first impressions tell me that he could cost FC as well, i.e. the high knees going into the endzone.

FC will definitely be hard to beat next year. I dread that meeting.

I saw it...but Gordonsville showboated a couple times too...and i also saw the helmet deal.

My take on the game was Gordonsville played dirty ball on defense...and it worked...good job.popcorneater.gif Cason ran harder than ever.

Hope we can give ya'll a good game next week.

Give an example of the showboating. I didn't see it. And, I won't go to the extent of dirty ball on defense. Hard-nosed, Yes, Dirty, NO.

Give an example of the showboating. I didn't see it. And, I won't go to the extent of dirty ball on defense. Hard-nosed, Yes, Dirty, NO.

Well i was sitting in the home side "extra" bleachers, and when watson scored on the run...he did the six shooter to the railbirds in the back of the endzone...and there were several occasions when i saw one or more of ya'lls linemen pancake a commode door and stand over him taunting. Overall the g-men were definitely the dirtiest on the field...hats off to you guys...thats what it takes to beat a BOUGHT AND PAID FOR TEAM!

Well i was sitting in the home side "extra" bleachers, and when watson scored on the run...he did the six shooter to the railbirds in the back of the endzone...and there were several occasions when i saw one or more of ya'lls linemen pancake a commode door and stand over him taunting. Overall the g-men were definitely the dirtiest on the field...hats off to you guys...thats what it takes to beat a BOUGHT AND PAID FOR TEAM!

Like I said, I didn't see it, and pancakes and six shooter definitely don't mean dirtiest.

BTW, you had to be right behind me at at the game. I was on the fence in front of you.

Congrats gville, hard fought Region 4 game. Your line played well and your young back ran with a lot of pride. Looked like he got his bell rung late in the 4th by Martin and got up a lil wobbly.

It's ashame that so many people want to cast FC as a one man show. I felt like Ian Isbell #62 played Coen toe to toe and should warrant Mr Football consideration down the line if his play continues at tonight's level.

On another note FC started 3 soph's in the O-line and at times 2 in the d-line, both RB's and the fb were soph's. To line up with that many underclassmen playing Gville's 20 something SRs 3 wks into the season I thought we competed pretty well, remember FC Doesn't do spring fball. Come Nov I think we will be very tough. I also think gville better get it done this yr or it may be another 30 yrs before they can.

Finally, I'll say TC better strap it on tight next Fri. THE 21 yr plaque will end!!

We don't have a prayer, unless we can force 5-6 turnovers.

After that play the refs stopped the game and called the coaches out to talk...they told the coaches to talk to there teams and calm them down...Moose promptly walked over to his team and huddled and said...we got them right where we want them, one or two more hits on the qb and his rump is toast...NOW GET OUT THERE AND HIT SOMEBODY!!

roflolk.gif

you missed columbia, memphis, gordonsville, carthage, franklin, westmoreland/bethpage, watertown, norene, and an alleged player from somewhere in Pennsylvania for next year from what i have heard. :roll:

Guess its not so alleged

Update on injury? Just got a text saying he was out. If Long is out(God forbid) you still have the greater middle Tennessee area. Heard they're mostly young'uns though.