7aaa predictions for Aug. 31 Friday

nrgrizzlies

From reading your posts it seems that Smyrna's really got in your head. They are beatable...but insulting them won't get the job done.

Neither.

Riverdale is just that much better. If Brentwood won by 34, Riverdale could easily win by 41. And probably will.

It's not my fault Smyrna is going to have a winless season. They didn't ask me before the season how many game they should win. They are averaging about 3 points per game. How many games will that usually win? About zero.

But they do play a good non-local schedule, I'll give them credit for that.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, August 31st

Siegel at Blackman

Oakland at La Vergne

Riverdale at Smyrna

Siegel big if Blackman keeps snapping the ball over the qb's head.

Siegel still even if we don't snap the ball over the qb's head, just not as big

Oakland by 21 over Lavergne

Riverdale by 35 over Smyrna.

As far as this being the SEC of high school football, I'm not sure thats the case this year. Siegel and Riverdale, I believe can play with anybody in the state and both of state championship caliber teams. Oakland and Blackman will be solid teams but nothing special but both capable of pulling off upsets. Smyrna and Lavergne will both be weak. I don't think the district will be as good this year as in the past few years.

You might want to rate Oakland a little higher than Blackman. Your dissing them WILL come back to bite you when you play them. They are solid on both sides of the ball and if Siegel or R'dale over look them they will be looking at a loss. If they were in any other Region they would be a solid contender for taking it.

Solid on offense and super solid on defense, with a weight program second to none in the state.

Besides they have the best Hotdogs in the state!thumb[1].gificon_e_biggrin.gif

You might want to rate Oakland a little higher than Blackman. Your dissing them WILL come back to bite you when you play them. They are solid on both sides of the ball and if Siegel or R'dale over look them they will be looking at a loss. If they were in any other Region they would be a solid contender for taking it.

Solid on offense and super solid on defense, with a weight program second to none in the state.

WitchDoctor agree. Siegel and Riverdale battle for top spot. Oakland solid third. Blackman fourth.

1a. Siegel

1b. Riverdale

3. Oakland

4. Blackman

It be fun to see battle of Smyrna/LaVergne to see who stay out of bottom of cellar.

"Bones never lie"

As far as this being the SEC of high school football, I'm not sure thats the case this year. Siegel and Riverdale, I believe can play with anybody in the state and both of state championship caliber teams. Oakland and Blackman will be solid teams but nothing special but both capable of pulling off upsets. Smyrna and Lavergne will both be weak. I don't think the district will be as good this year as in the past few years.

WitchDoctor say SEC comparison not too far off.

Siegel and Riverdale are LSU and Bama.

Oakland and Blackman could be Georgia and South Carolina.

Smyrna and LaVergne might be Ole Miss and Kentucky. roflol.gif

"Bones never lie"

Edited by WitchDoctor

Neither.

Riverdale is just that much better. If Brentwood won by 34, Riverdale could easily win by 41. And probably will.

It's not my fault Smyrna is going to have a winless season. They didn't ask me before the season how many game they should win. They are averaging about 3 points per game. How many games will that usually win? About zero.

Excuse me.....thats 3.5 points a game thank you very much. thumb[1].gif

If Wade hadn't gone down with the injury right before the season started, I think OHS had an edge in the matchup. Willis is doing a nice job at RB, but have two top running backs instead of one is what would have made them a contender. They might win that Thursday night game in a close one (if the weather if good, I'll be there to watch it)...but I don't see them as powerful as maybe they could have been. Smith is a highly athletic QB, it will be interesting to see if his passing accuracy is getting better. The hot dogs are good if they are hot. Once they cool off to "room temperature" - not quite as much of a treat.

The Riverdale - Siegel game should be a great one this year. And it's the night after Blackman - Oakland too. Other teams can only dream about running the wing-t the way Riverdale does. Harding and Martin are serious threats for sea-gull. It's nice to have big matchups before the sub-freezing weather gets here from a football fan standpoint.

Neither.

Smyrna plays Lavergne so obviously they won't go winless.

Smyrna plays Lavergne so obviously they won't go winless.

Even after two 2nd half collapses, LaVergne appears to have the marginally better team. That's no guarantee they won't find a way to blow it - but right now, they are approx. ten points better. Barring any major injuries this week, LaVergne should win that one.

If Smyrna doesn't pull an upset and win that one (yes, they will be an underdog in that game in the world of being realistic) - they are pretty much assured of a winless season. You could even say, that one game is now pretty much their season. If LaVergne falls flat and doesn't get the win, their chances of ending winless increases drastically. For a game between two teams that aren't contenders, it should be some fun.

If LaVergne falls flat and doesn't get the win, their chances of ending winless increases drastically. For a game between two teams that aren't contenders, it should be some fun.

If LaVergne doesn't beat Smyrna, then I don't see where they would find a win to escape being 0-10. Maybe they could beat Shelbyville but I highly doubt that.

If Wade hadn't gone down with the injury right before the season started, I think OHS had an edge in the matchup. Willis is doing a nice job at RB, but have two top running backs instead of one is what would have made them a contender. They might win that Thursday night game in a close one (if the weather if good, I'll be there to watch it)...but I don't see them as powerful as maybe they could have been. Smith is a highly athletic QB, it will be interesting to see if his passing accuracy is getting better. The hot dogs are good if they are hot. Once they cool off to "room temperature" - not quite as much of a treat.

The Riverdale - Siegel game should be a great one this year. And it's the night after Blackman - Oakland too. Other teams can only dream about running the wing-t the way Riverdale does. Harding and Martin are serious threats for sea-gull. It's nice to have big matchups before the sub-freezing weather gets here from a football fan standpoint.

I have to agree, Riverdale runs the wing-T pretty darn good. It looks like someone has slapped a hornets nest when the ball is snapped. People going everywhere.