Sevier Co. @ jeff Co.

SCwinsagain

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, Sevier County's offense averaged 13 seconds between plays to start the game and proceeded to boat race JC. Controling/handling the pace is key. JC will score, the question is can they get stops.

If they're smart, JC's coaches took the same approach that LSU did in preparing for Oregon.

To simulate the rapid pace at which Oregon snaps the ball, Miles came up with a novel idea at spring practice: He had the defense work against two offenses. As soon as one offense finished running a play, a fresh new one trotted out. Miles liked it so much he carried it over to the preseason.
Edited by JC4life

SCHS is all no huddle this year. That time average could be even shorter this year then last. And can officially run a play every 4 to 5 seconds a whistle blows. Really up to the tempo they wish to go. But they are offensively against letting defenses get set and go thru the breakdowns.And much rather keep the pace super fast. Trying to catch defensive substitutions later in the game. Best thing to beat them is absolutely eat a lot of clock and keep there offense to the side and wait to break the winning score late.

GO BEARS!!! And goodluck Jeff County all spectators and players I pray to have a safe night.

I know JC seems to be on the way back up, but I don't see them being a match for SCHS at this time, unless the playing conditions are horrible. Bad weather would not bode well for the Bears potent air attack. But if weather conditions are decent, I think the Bears will take this one. SC-38 JC-14