District 12AA Central

District12AA

Giles dominates Hickman as I predicted.

Summit put up a better fight than I thought they would against Lewis. Lewis however had alot of injured and suspended players nonetheless the Spartans can build of this effort.

Is the Spring Hill coach finally on the hot seat?? Getting embarassed by East Hickman. East rolls into Fairview next week with a better record than the Jackets.

Speaking of the Jackets, where is Irish9. I old you so. I almost predicted the score perfectly.

4-0 this week. Stay tuned later this weekend for my new picks.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very doubtful you will start filling up the home side....i promise....it will be jammed packed. I guess some of you will have to stand..mellow.png

Not really surprised with our crowd. Filled our side, and had it not been for the hour and a half drive the students would have made it over crowded. Home side was a little scarse for a Big game, to me. Was around your AD and he was a class act. Good luck the rest of the way. GO CATS!!!

Giles dominates Hickman as I predicted.

Summit put up a better fight than I thought they would against Lewis. Lewis however had alot of injured and suspended players nonetheless the Spartans can build of this effort.

Is the Spring Hill coach finally on the hot seat?? Getting embarassed by East Hickman. East rolls into Fairview next week with a better record than the Jackets.

Speaking of the Jackets, where is Irish9. I old you so. I almost predicted the score perfectly.

4-0 this week. Stay tuned later this weekend for my new picks.

Y is every body saying that Summit success is based on Lewis having injured players. Y cant anybody just say Summit is better and they played one heck of a ball game.

Y is every body saying that Summit success is based on Lewis having injured players. Y cant anybody just say Summit is better and they played one heck of a ball game.

Thank you. What is also not being said is that Summit's two best offensive rushers (the QB/ TB and the FB/ MLB) suffered ankle injuries and missed the entire second half. (When the score was 28-20) Same thing for the punter/ SS. We also didn't have our starting LG/DT and starting RT for the game as they were sick and injured respectively. All five of these players are juniors and all five of their replacements were sophomores. Actually the backup punter is a freshman who had his first punt blocked leading to a TD. Would it have made a difference in the game? Probably not.( #'s 5,6,7,9, and 15 were getting it done for LC.) But injuries cut both ways and Summit played a great game last night. Lastly, a big shoutout to the Lewis County head coach for showing a lot of class at the end of the game both on and off the field. He and at least one other assistant came over and spoke to our QB and FB as they were hobbling off the bench on their bum wheels. I don't know what he said but it was obvioulsy nice words from the expressions and reactions of all involved.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

I'll say it, great job Summitt. Y'all will learn that Lewis Co. is the greatest team ever every year until they get blown out a few times, then they suddenly become strapped with injuries, the coach becomes stupid, or little Johnny was thinking about his ACT instead of football. That's how they roll.

Keep fighting Summit! Y'all have a great group of young men!!!!

I'll say it, great job Summitt. Y'all will learn that Lewis Co. is the greatest team ever every year until they get blown out a few times, then they suddenly become strapped with injuries, the coach becomes stupid, or little Johnny was thinking about his ACT instead of football. That's how they roll.

Keep fighting Summit! Y'all have a great group of young men!!!!

Cowboy, your mancrush and envy for LC are showing!!! popcorneater.gif

Thank you. What is also not being said is that Summit's two best offensive rushers (the QB/ TB and the FB/ MLB) suffered ankle injuries and missed the entire second half. (When the score was 28-20) Same thing for the punter/ SS. We also didn't have our starting LG/DT and starting RT for the game as they were sick and injured respectively. All five of these players are juniors and all five of their replacements were sophomores. Actually the backup punter is a freshman who had his first punt blocked leading to a TD. Would it have made a difference in the game? Probably not.( #'s 5,6,7,9, and 15 were getting it done for LC.) But injuries cut both ways and Summit played a great game last night. Lastly, a big shoutout to the Lewis County head coach for showing a lot of class at the end of the game both on and off the field. He and at least one other assistant came over and spoke to our QB and FB as they were hobbling off the bench on their bum wheels. I don't know what he said but it was obvioulsy nice words from the expressions and reactions of all involved.

Summitt really did play a heck of a game. It was pretty much Sophomores and Juniors playing against each other. We only had 3 seniors on the field. #6, #9, and #69. If Summitt had 1 more year in 12AA they'd probably be top 4 or 5. Summitt is a good ball club. They have gotten sooo much better from last year. I'm proud of them and the coaches and the fans for Summitt. You guys have something special coming in the next few years. Just wait. Good Job Summitt players! You guys never gave up! and LC respects that!

Standings After Week 2 of District Play

Giles 2-0

Page 2-0

Hickman 1-1

Fairview 1-1

East Hickman 1-1

Lewis Co. 1-1

Marshall 0-1

Summit 0-1

Spring Hill 0-2

Week 3 of District Play Game of the Week and Upset of the Week

East Hickman at Fairview-

You have the Eagles coming off a big thrashing of Spring Hill while the Yellow Jackets were upset at Page. From the sounds of things the wheels on the bus are falling off for Fairview. This is a rivalry game with the schools being 15 minutes from one another. I am calling for East Hickman to win by the score of 28-21.

Rest of the Games

Marshall at Giles

This is going to get ugly for my Tigers. We have struggled the last two weeks while it seems the Bobcats keep getting better. I was impressed with their cohesiveness of the entire team Friday night in Centerville. Al Cobb to Kenton Baker will be heard early and often. Giles 49 Marshall 14

Hickman Co. at Spring Hill

Coach Rewis has really turned this program around. I look for them to finish 8-2 possibly 9-1 on the year. Their RB is tough as nails and the rest of the team follow suits. If Spring Hill loses by the mercy rule in the game, it will be the final nail in the coffin for their HC. Hickman 42 Spring Hill 13

Page at Summit

Page has seemed to have turned the corner after starting the season 0-2 against larger schools. Coach Rathbone has the Patriots playing inspired football. I believe they will be the last test for Giles. Summit has seemed to improve each week but looks like they got a little beat up in the last game. This will not be a good week for the Spartans. Page 35 Summit 7

Lewis Co. plays Creekwood and the Panthers should roll easily.