RIVERDALE @ SIEGEL

GREENMULE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the highlight clips from Stork's footage, I have to say both of these teams are incredible. I think that was the first interceptions either qb has thrown this year. Harding and Odom are not only fast but smart running backs. I don't see any talk on this thread about penalties. So I can assume that both teams played discipline football and for the most part kept thier emotions in check. That is a sign of top notch coaching staffs. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Awesome job by Siegel Friday night. They were better in all phases of the game and seemed to come out more ready to play. Congratulations to Coach Wyant, his team, and his entire staff.

Those guys reminded me a little of some of Rankin's old teams. They just keep the pressure on until the other guys break. To Riverdale's credit they just kept coming back but could never get over the hump against the Siegel defense.

You could see in the Maplewood game that Riverdale had a bad case of complacency. They paid for that on Friday night. This is decision week at Riverdale...will they decide that eight wins and an early exit from the playoffs is enough, or will they decide to go back to work, try to improve, and go for more. I guess we'll see Friday night.

Again congrats to Siegel on a huge win. Those guys are really seeing the hard work pay off.

Siegel has the best passing attack that I've watched in a long time.Their running game isn't to bad either.What impressed me the most was at any time the flats were open{had the QB wanted them} for five our ten yards and Riverdale was playing what looked like a darn high quality of defense.Matchups are everything and maybe a team with a very strong front and ground game like say"Whitehaven" as an example,would be the worst kind of matchup for Siegel.Keeping that offense off the field is the only chance I see in beating them,other then the obvious things like turnovers,injuries and cheating refs.

I would not put too much into the results of this game. IIRC there was a pretty good team in 2006 that spanked another region 5 opponent 49-0 in the regular season then lost 9-7 to that team in the playoffs... then the very next year an undefeated team lost 35-13 in the playoffs to a team that they had beat 29-7 in the regular season. So a long long way to go.

I would not put too much into the results of this game. IIRC there was a pretty good team in 2006 that spanked another region 5 opponent 49-0 in the regular season then lost 9-7 to that team in the playoffs... then the very next year an undefeated team lost 35-13 in the playoffs to a team that they had beat 29-7 in the regular season. So a long long way to go.

If Siegel is healthy and plays close to the way they did friday night,it will nearly take Peyton and the Bronco's bringing their ''A' game to beat them.I'm not trying to build those boys egos for a letdown,I'm just saying everyone of the rest of us better hope Siegel plays a lot worse when it counts.They are flat out good !

The AP voters don't agree with you peppy. Muirvul 17 1st place votes. Whitehaven 2 1st place votes. KDB 1 1st place vote. That puts Siegel tied for 4th with everybody else in the state with 0 votes.

Besides u ain't depriving me of 6 more weeks of football. Maybe 7 if Siegel can manage to make the playoffs.

Edited by StarRaider