Obion Co Central vs Gibson Co

bigredbird

That does not surprise anyone, he (Dowland) always acts crazy and cusses on the sidelines at the games. The word has gotten out to the public about him and his exploits. OC Jackson must be the same way because he lets it go on.

Wow Truth1, this has certainly turned in a vendetta bashing. Someone might think that you actually have something vested in this.......but I digress. What the thread has turned into is a glorified gossip column. Instead of football and the kids, lets all talk about the coaches. So Truth, since you apparently have the inside on the OC coaching staff, what else do us fans need to know about them? You have no problems bashing Coaches Jackson and Dowland. Who else?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson's antics that he pulls, not just against Gibson, just shows the acceptance level in Obion Co. at this point in time and it's pretty low. Ask any area coaches about Jackson at OC? They may not come out and let it be known to the public that they don't care for him, but don't let that fool you. What is the reason the OC/UC rivalry is being discontinued after this year in all sports between the 2 schools? UC has the same exact view point that the rest of this area has towards OC. They're just taking it a step further by discontinuing games with them.

What antics would that be?

The voice of the people must be heard. Parents are scared to speak negatively because they have kids playing. Do you blame them? The antics that are used are amongst them at the school that no one hears about that I hear within the community. Kids getting cussed, Kids learning to cuss, Coaches letting them do so. It is different when you are winning people let that stuff go. But when you are losing things come to light. Be patient.

LOL....kids learning to cuss in high school??? Open your eyes! The kids learned to cuss in 4th grade. You need to think back to when you were these kids age and what all you knew and did. And every coach I had would always cuss and spit tobacco in your face while doing it. These kids are not being treated any different now than what kids were 50 years ago. Will you complain if your kid joins the military and his commanding officers are mean to him? Give it a rest!

Jackson's antics that he pulls, not just against Gibson, just shows the acceptance level in Obion Co. at this point in time and it's pretty low. Ask any area coaches about Jackson at OC? They may not come out and let it be known to the public that they don't care for him, but don't let that fool you. What is the reason the OC/UC rivalry is being discontinued after this year in all sports between the 2 schools? UC has the same exact view point that the rest of this area has towards OC. They're just taking it a step further by discontinuing games with them.

Yep...you're right. Many are ticked because of the gate. O C SHOULD be glad we aren't playing them...beat them in just about everything other than girls basketball right now year in and year out and our school ..Union City that is , is 1/3 rd the size of O C. About Jackson....what is so funny to me is...they have two or three different type uniforms they practice in before games and change to something different just before game time, they have a helment with smoke they run through and they also want turf and a big T V down at Troy. All of this for a program that at best has made the 1st round of the playoffs and if it wasn't for the 6 classifications now, they wouldn't have made what they have. Jackson has come in trying to run the Rebel program like a college and these are high schools kids playing high school football. It is all about the kids....all of the above cost tons of money...especially having two sets of helments to play and carry on the road which are $250 each X 2 X 70. That adds up. But last year, like it or not, Jackson still has NO Respect from any other western Tennessee high school. Coaches know enough of him to stay clear. That is why they have to get Mont. Central, Cape Central, Sikeston and some team from Miss to play them and of those 4, only one is still playing and won't after this year. Same reason U C quit as well. It is not the kids fault , they only do what they are told. Jackson has had a defensive Cordinator each year since he has been at Troy, what does that tell ya. They should get two wins this year, Gibson and Mont. Central. With his Senior Class coming back, many have not played because of last years SEnior Class and will take another year to catch up. Berners Senior year they should be decent. But YOU CAN'T WIN by THROWING the FOOTBALL 80% of the time. HYde will be good, if he stays at Troy...may or may not. How much did he get for transfering to O C from U C..no telling. That is a Jackson move. He will leave the program in shambles when he does leave, just wait and see. Win or loose, the kids practice hard and their coach reflects of the school. Jackson is Jackson and that you can tell, it is all about him. He would have left this year but couldn't find a job anywhere...that is a fact, true fact.

Yep...you're right. Many are ticked because of the gate. O C SHOULD be glad we aren't playing them...beat them in just about everything other than girls basketball right now year in and year out and our school ..Union City that is , is 1/3 rd the size of O C. About Jackson....what is so funny to me is...they have two or three different type uniforms they practice in before games and change to something different just before game time, they have a helment with smoke they run through and they also want turf and a big T V down at Troy. All of this for a program that at best has made the 1st round of the playoffs and if it wasn't for the 6 classifications now, they wouldn't have made what they have. Jackson has come in trying to run the Rebel program like a college and these are high schools kids playing high school football. It is all about the kids....all of the above cost tons of money...especially having two sets of helments to play and carry on the road which are $250 each X 2 X 70. That adds up. But last year, like it or not, Jackson still has NO Respect from any other western Tennessee high school. Coaches know enough of him to stay clear. That is why they have to get Mont. Central, Cape Central, Sikeston and some team from Miss to play them and of those 4, only one is still playing and won't after this year. Same reason U C quit as well. It is not the kids fault , they only do what they are told. Jackson has had a defensive Cordinator each year since he has been at Troy, what does that tell ya. They should get two wins this year, Gibson and Mont. Central. With his Senior Class coming back, many have not played because of last years SEnior Class and will take another year to catch up. Berners Senior year they should be decent. But YOU CAN'T WIN by THROWING the FOOTBALL 80% of the time. HYde will be good, if he stays at Troy...may or may not. How much did he get for transfering to O C from U C..no telling. That is a Jackson move. He will leave the program in shambles when he does leave, just wait and see. Win or loose, the kids practice hard and their coach reflects of the school. Jackson is Jackson and that you can tell, it is all about him. He would have left this year but couldn't find a job anywhere...that is a fact, true fact.

WOW! OC isn't good enough to deserve the equipment they have, or the uniforms? But, it's all about the kids! Sounds highly hypocritical to me. And you're implying the Hyde kid got paid to transfer??? Probably the same amount the 2 South Fulton kids got to move over to UC. According to your logic, you should win or have to play in "hand-me-down" leather helmets and overalls! lol Get real. OC beat UC in I believe 7 or 8 of the last 11 meetings in football. I know when my son was playing baseball a couple of years ago UC did not beat the Rebels in baseball (that would have been Speed and Sherwoods last year). Basketball I don't follow so much. I believe the girl's softball is close but OC owns the girl's basketball. I think UC dropped the Rebels because after all these years, the Rebel programs have improved and the decrease in UC numbers has evened the playing field. Dude, you have serious issues, the least of which is a smokey football helmet the kids run out of. Seek help for your condition.

Letting kids cuss in high school is not the antics I'm talking about....

UCGRAD, if the school system wants to invest a couple hundred grand into a sub-par football program, I say let them go for it. Unfortunately for you, it'll come out of your tax dollars if you live in Obion Co. If OC was, let's say Milan, I could understand them investing thousands of dollars into a football program, but when you've made the 2nd round of the playoffs once within the past 10 years with "the best team in school history", I couldn't see investing that much into a program. It's not like OC doesn't have nice enough football facilities as it is now. I guess when it's not as nice as Union City's, then I guess I can understand (sarcasm). Jackson is using OC as a stepping stone to higher grounds and once that opening comes, you should expect for him to leave OC like Kiffin did Tennessee, with no regrets and no second thought of Obion Co.

UCGrad: In your rant over Jackson, you brought up the two different helmets, the inflatable helmet w/smoke, the want for a turf field, and scoreboard with a screen. You complain that it costs money, yet you answered all this without realizing it. Its about the kids. Before you get your purple and gold panties in a wad, think........

• How many high school players can say they get to where two different helmets for game time?
  • How many high school players get to run out of something you used to see at only college or NFL?
  • How many players can say they played on a field turf field, which used to be limited to college or NFL teams?

Seriously? Who is this all for?

UCGRAD, if the school system wants to invest a couple hundred grand into a sub-par football program, I say let them go for it. Unfortunately for you, it'll come out of your tax dollars if you live in Obion Co. If OC was, let's say Milan, I could understand them investing thousands of dollars into a football program, but when you've made the 2nd round of the playoffs once within the past 10 years with "the best team in school history", I couldn't see investing that much into a program. It's not like OC doesn't have nice enough football facilities as it is now. I guess when it's not as nice as Union City's, then I guess I can understand (sarcasm). Jackson is using OC as a stepping stone to higher grounds and once that opening comes, you should expect for him to leave OC like Kiffin did Tennessee, with no regrets and no second thought of Obion Co.

Just a couple of notes. I'm using my job as a stepping stone to higher ground also, so I don't see that as a problem. And I would invest millions of dollars for the kids of this county if it were possible. How much has Gibson County invested? Apparently not enough! (Yes, that was uncalled for and I'll be darned if I apologize for it considering when Jackson was hired your comment was that OC deserved what they got.) And at what point is the cut off for "nice enough"? Sounds like Obama wanting to redistribute the wealth. Apparently you don't know what it costs for UC Turf Management to maintain the grounds. At what point doe it become nice enough? Afterall, Westview plays in a nicer stadium!!! And its really old news for you to compare everyone to Milan. They have a great program, but they aren't the program OC is trying to immulate. As I've said before, it IS about the kids and that is what matters.

Regardless of the banter on here, Friday should be a good game between 2 struggling programs. I will be there to appreciate the uniforms, field, helmets, and the big inflatable one in the end zone. My kids have graduated from the fine establishment of Obion County Central High School as did their mother. It has proven itself to me and mine. GO REBELS!

Everyone know that Jackson is not gonna coach at OC forever. And as far as all the new equipment and accessories for the players, that is all bought through the Quarter Back Club. Not through the "school system or tax dollars". Everyone quit spewing your hatred for the OC coaching staff because you are hurting and discouraging the kids more than the coaches. Coaches are used to criticism,heck most of them live for criticism, it keeps them motivated.

No one never said Obion was not a great place to send kids to school. Problem is corruption. Everybody thought Penn State was a great university and program, but it only takes a few to ruin a reputation of a place. Maybe some things have gone unsaid, maybe some things will come to light in the near future, just dont be surprised when things finally become public knowledge.

Well if im not mistaken you sure are trying your best to keep the pot stirred. I have seen your comments on Topix.