GREENEVILLE vs Alcoa

BillyBobby

You are correct...that is what I like about you, you actually have facts and don't just run your mouth like most of greeneville fans. You might also want to add to the facts that the 70+ yard run was the longest versus Greenevilles "sharks" and the 120 was the most in a game versus Greenevilles "sharks" last season. That includes all playoff games too.

Yes but most of the teams in the playoffs had more than one offensive weapon. I bet if Giles County kept running the same back at us all game he might have put up that kind of yardage as well.

Yes but most of the teams in the playoffs had more than one offensive weapon. I bet if Giles County kept running the same back at us all game he might have put up that kind of yardage as well.

If "all game" only resulted in 19 carries, then it would have been a LONG night! You can't win many games with just running 19 plays...unless it is like Greenevilles game last week when they had 2 TDs without running an offensive play yet.

No we should divide the talent evenly so everybody is the same. Let's just pool all the kids together and have a pee-wee draft.

We can then stop keeping score and give everybody a participation trophy.

WOW, went a little overboard on that on barb! The point I was making was that every "great" county athlete doesn't have to go to Greeneville. Shuffler and Donahue done great at SG in football/baseball and basketball respectively. Boles and Starnes did just fine at WG. Juice did just fine at CD. Those are just recent ones. There have been many great football and girls basketball players at SG. Should they have went up "town" to play?

Yes and you said Alcoa would "run all over" Greeneville like your golden child Dalton Boles did...news flash 33, they play BIG BOY BALL in Alcoa. But you are correct. Boles earned his yards. Every back that faced Geeneville last year did. But to use him as a measuring stick for Alcoa is laughable.

I have one question... and that is why in the world would a conversation about Dalton Boles be even relevant on a Greeneville vs Alcoa 2012 thread...Who cares! didnt care last year or the year before about the so called elusive WG running back and who cares now! 120 yards WOW... he was not a threat to the Devils. The Devils only purpose when they take the field is the "W" not stats... I wish the Devils all the luck this year as well as in the future...I hope the TSSAA does realign the conferences next year and the Devils can move on to another conference... and with that being said I wish the Devils to hang 70 on every county school this season. You know... as a parting gift! This will be a challenge for the Devils tonight and if they play Devil football they can steel this one... GVL 31 Alcoa 28

Not every good athlete should go play in town. That is the Lebron-syndrome we have on our country. WHY NOT play where you are supposed to and help that team be successful. By the way, he was "offered" the opportunity to play in town and decided to help build another program. Not bad at doing so either. The 5 years previous to his arrival the Buffs were 3-47. Then they won 5,7,7,7 and made playoffs all 4 years. That is something to be proud of.

That's easythumbnailcalcd4r2.jpg

WOW, went a little overboard on that on barb! The point I was making was that every "great" county athlete doesn't have to go to Greeneville. Shuffler and Donahue done great at SG in football/baseball and basketball respectively. Boles and Starnes did just fine at WG. Juice did just fine at CD. Those are just recent ones. There have been many great football and girls basketball players at SG. Should they have went up "town" to play?

There is a considerable difference between "great" and "just fine". Perhaps that "great" athlete could have done better than "just fine" in a different program. Sometimes more is better...more money,facilities, coaching, attention. Doesn't do much good to be a marquis athlete at a mediocre program. That's why the quality programs always attract the quality players...Maryville and Alcoa have proven to be the benchmark for all of East Tennessee. I hope Greeneville can continue to build a similarly attractive program.All I know is every time our boys line up across from a great team like Alcoa we become a better team...Go Greene!

I have one question... and that is why in the world would a conversation about Dalton Boles be even relevant on a Greeneville vs Alcoa 2012 thread...Who cares! didnt care last year or the year before about the so called elusive WG running back and who cares now! 120 yards WOW... he was not a threat to the Devils. The Devils only purpose when they take the field is the "W" not stats... I wish the Devils all the luck this year as well as in the future...I hope the TSSAA does realign the conferences next year and the Devils can move on to another conference... and with that being said I wish the Devils to hang 70 on every county school this season. You know... as a parting gift! This will be a challenge for the Devils tonight and if they play Devil football they can steel this one... GVL 31 Alcoa 28

I also don't understand why Greeneville fans are so fascinated with talking about him the past 3 years. As far as your comment about hanging 70 on on the county schools....that does not surprise me!