Whitehaven Tigers vs Whitestation Spartans

dannyq

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You message board police can KICK ROCKS...

Anyone that wants come on here and say that Whitehaven maybe overrated is going to get the same treatment. Until you folks watch some film on us DON'T Speak on what you DON'T KNOW.

Also these back handed comments, (Whitehaven may not be as good as they were last year but they should be there at the end AND I never heard of Whitehaven until last year) I take that as disrespect TOO. You folks don't know because you haven't watched ONE PIECE OF GAME FILM. Talk about what you know.

You just can't take an implied compliment, can you. For the second time, the guy asked a QUESTION of the locals about WHS' 1 pt win:: bad game? overrated? some combination of the two, maybe WSHS was underrated, whatever.... He thought, based on the scores and polls this season, that the Tigers should have won by more. Heck, that's what point ratings polls predicted. Did you even consider the guy might just have moved to E TN? Your "shades" just won't let you see it. I shudder to think what you would have said if you had lost....

Seriously, you need to chill out. You are taking this "respect" thing to absurd lengths. I have seen Whitehaven IN PERSON both last year and this, and IMO they are not as GOOD ( emphasis on "good") as they were last year at this point in the season, and I bet close to 100% of those NOT partaking in the Kool Aid who have seen them IN PERSON (emphasis NOT on "game film") both last and this year would agree. Moreover, IMO I don't think their personnel or depth is at last year's level, so I doubt that they will end up as GOOD as last year's team, but should/could make it to Cookeville just the same. That's not a dig. No team will be as good as (or better) than last year's team every year. That's nonsense. But it's what you are implying and it and lessens your credibility. You're beginning to sound hysterical. Take what you read at face value and stop trying to read something negative into every post that doesn't totally hype your team.

Edited by owlbooster

K - still has to be a middle tn team doesn't it? or at least likely? are we talking maybe Riverdale?

Yes usually the second place finisher in that district usually is sent our way. This Tiger team is wierd. I think it has the potential of being just as good but once again we lost a lot of character guys that were on a mission to be great. Once we get out of our own way I think you will see us just as dominent as we were last year. To be continued??????

Yes usually the second place finisher in that district usually is sent our way. This Tiger team is wierd. I think it has the potential of being just as good but once again we lost a lot of character guys that were on a mission to be great. Once we get out of our own way I think you will see us just as dominent as we were last year. To be continued??????

Let's hope so. No reason it can't happen. 5 weeks left in the regular season. Plenty of time to develop the talent. No injuries!

You just can't take an implied compliment, can you. For the second time, the guy asked a QUESTION of the locals about WHS' 1 pt win:: bad game? overrated? some combination of the two, maybe WSHS was underrated, whatever.... He thought, based on the scores and polls this season, that the Tigers should have won by more. Heck, that's what point ratings polls predicted. Did you even consider the guy might just have moved to E TN? Your "shades" just won't let you see it. I shudder to think what you would have said if you had lost....

"Seriously, you need to chill out. You are taking this "respect" thing to absurd lengths. I have seen Whitehaven IN PERSON both last year and this, and IMO they are not as GOOD ( emphasis on "good") as they were last year at this point in the season, and I bet close to 100% of those NOT partaking in the Kool Aid who have seen them IN PERSON (emphasis NOT on "game film") both last and this year would agree. Moreover, IMO I don't think their personnel or depth is at last year's level, so I doubt that they will end up as GOOD as last year's team, but should/could make it to Cookeville just the same." (Me:U R WRONG) That's not a dig. No team will be as good as (or better) than last year's team every year. That's nonsense. But it's what you are implying and it and lessens your credibility. You're beginning to sound hysterical. Take what you read at face value and stop trying to read something negative into every post that doesn't totally hype your team.

MAYNE, owlbooster, you will NOT tell me how to take a comment... He (jake) called us OVERRATED... We're not. You can think this TEAM is not as good at this time this year as they were at this time last year if you want. That's fine. I don't hold that opinion. I KNOW these Seniors very, very personally. Last season we didn't play any OT games, but I'll you the way these boys have came up over the years, I'll say that I don't know if any of these last few Whitehaven teams would of won a game like this. This 2013 class is about to be the culmination of the near misses. They've been forged by fire and I dare say their Resiliency makes them better but you wouldn't know anything about that because you don't really know them like that... LIKE I DO!

On to the reason this thread is still being typed on, I know the difference between a question and a MF'n statement. Jake made a STATEMENT that Whitehaven is Overrated. He wasn't asking a question. If he was asking a question he could of just said, why was the game so close. OVERRATED Whitehaven is not, BUT a lot of them East Tenn teams are!

Wow!!! Whitehaven had to go to triple overtime to beat at team that CB beat 42-24? Did the Tigers have a bad game, or are they a little overrated?

BHS.......this was my post. How you can determine that I made a statement that Whitehaven was overrated out of this simple question, is beyond me. But, in any case, good luck to Whitehaven the rest of the way, I look for them to be a team that will challenge heavily to get back to Cookeville. If they see a team from the mid-state area, I would expect it to be Siegel.

I for one do think Whitehaven is overrated. Not in terms of athletes, but in terms of discipline. You all should have beaten Mville last year by 14-21 points based on talent and couldn't get it done. I expect to see the same thing happen this year as well. This is for BHS,as for respecting "Da Haven" goes, you might wanna try to give a little respect before you expect any in return. Also, most people don't want to respect something when one attempts to force that respect. Your "Memphis Swag" doesn't make you better than anyone else on here so if you could try to act a little more polite, you might be surprised as to how many people would start respecting "Da Haven"

Edited by CommanderMan

BHS.......this was my post. How you can determine that I made a statement that Whitehaven was overrated out of this simple question, is beyond me. But, in any case, good luck to Whitehaven the rest of the way, I look for them to be a team that will challenge heavily to get back to Cookeville. If they see a team from the mid-state area, I would expect it to be Siegel.

You said, "Did the Tigers have a bad game, or are they a little overrated?"

That last part, that "or are they a little overrated?" is a JAB! It is what it is... a JAB. If you would of left it at did the Tigers have a bad game this dialogue would not be happening, but You wanted to take a JAB at Whitehaven. I know what you were trying to do and I am calling you a hater for it. No harm, no foul, but that's how it's being taken and it will be taken. If Sigel or Riverdale or Dobyns- Bennett or whoever else from Middle of East TN loses a close game or wins a close game against a known inferior team I bet money that folks won't be questioning if those teams are overrated. You Middle Tenn and East Tenn HS Football fans will probably just talk about how your district is like the SEC or some crap and how any team can win on any given Friday night! I make this assumption because I've actually read those words. You guys act like no one from Memphis City Schools can play ball outside of the ONE team that makes it to the state or something... It is absurd to think that when my city is sending more D1 prospects and overall college prospects to school to play FOOTBALL by comparison to any other part of this LONG East t West state. So, because I understand how you folks talk that's the reason I'll keep being the way I am on these Message Boards and I'll keep saying RESPECT DA HAVEN thumb[1].gif

I for one do think Whitehaven is overrated. Not in terms of athletes, but in terms of discipline. You all should have beaten Mville last year by 14-21 points based on talent and couldn't get it done. I expect to see the same thing happen this year as well. This is for BHS,as for respecting "Da Haven" goes, you might wanna try to give a little respect before you expect any in return. Also, most people don't want to respect something when one attempts to force that respect. Your "Memphis Swag" doesn't make you better than anyone else on here so if you could try to act a little more polite, you might be surprised as to how many people would start respecting "Da Haven"

I'll bite... What have I said that was Disrespectful Mr. Man? And we're talking sports, right; where's the you have to be polite rule?

I'll keep this short,and just say that I'll adopt jakes viewpoint,not listed in your options.I have never posted anything negative about the school or any supporter(do yourself a favor and go back and look,if you care),but you can't have your cake and eat it too...can't complain about a lack of intrest and in the same breath invite someone to "keep on stepping".

tradertwo:

I've never once 'complained' about a lack of intrest in Whitehaven topics. Where on earth did you get that? I did, however make a comment about growing responses in my 'Big Games in Memphis' thread. Maybe that's were you confused the two. Anyway, my comments to you were directed towards your reactions to BlackhavenSenator's comments. Nothing else. Seems you took offense to my "keep on stepping" comment. Not my intention. My apologies.

Look, you can have meaningful dialogue with myself, dannyq, and BHS on everything Whitehaven. BlackHavenSenator is just going to jump on anything he deems 'negative' towards the program. You can engage him in dialogue and you will see. Or, you don't have to engage him in dialogue. it's up to you.