Baylor

NardDog

I agree Baylor should win but I have to agree with Mtnrasslin here on this one. Dang those stats arent even close. Im suprised the other dII schools arent as close. Kind of disproves the cry babies arguments that there is such a huge advantage. A guy I work with kids go there. He said baylor just won their third national championship in swimming in 3 years. Thats pretty impressive.

Is this a wrestling site? Did Baylor win a state championship in wrestling last year? NO. Did they dominate the year before? No, barely won. Year before that, no...if that's domination, need to work on that a bit. We already have Chattanooga schools that give us good programs and they don't even have to recruit other schools state placers. I love it!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a wrestling site? Did Baylor win a state championship in wrestling last year? NO. Did they dominate the year before? No, barely won. Year before that, no...if that's domination, need to work on that a bit. We already have Chattanooga schools that give us good programs and they don't even have to recruit other schools state placers. I love it!

You're right, Baylor did not win the state last year. You're wrong about most else in your post. Baylor won the state the year before, 2011, with 315 points which is a little better than barely. They also won In 2010. While you might not think 17 dual and state championships since 1999 is dominant, with the exception of Bradley, most every program in the state might be tempted to trade records.

Edited by mtnrasslin

Ok, here is your sign!

315 points was the most points ever scored in a state tournament. I guess thats barely. Just by doing a little research and reading and knowing a few people on the inside I have come to the following conclusion.

1) You are just trying to keep people riled up. For someone who doesnt have a dog in the hunt your sure post a lot about the d11 schools.

2) no matter what people say or facts are laid out you just continually say Baylor cheats, Baylor cheats...

3) Whose state placers did they recruit? Hmmm Just by doing a little research its pretty eveident Tate Robinson had an altercation and left CBHS and was enrolled in the state of MO. He went to Baylor from MO not CBHS. He was no longer a student at CBHS.

4) Evidently Houston Clemments had a falling out at McCallie and decided to attend Baylor. Do you honestly think his family who evidently are diehard McCallie people would have allowed themselves to be recruited to Baylor?

5) As stated in one of the many posts before it stated Brandon Brunner wanted to go to Baylor in middle school and applied and was accepted but did not go because of loyalties and also his step dad was Tullahomas coach. Geeze!!! He then at a little older age decided it was really what he wanted to do and did it.

So based on a little research and a few phone calls I have come to the conclusion that mocs and trublu are just whiners and know nothing of what you spew out of your mouths.

I don't always agree with Baylor's tactics of how they always seem to "end up" with these stud wrestlers, but with that being said, I know if I lived in Chatt i would likely want my kids to go there too for the obvious reasons that have been stated earlier.

On another note, EVERYONE disregard comments by Mocs2011...his opinion needs to be valued ZERO because he is one of those people that holds a grudge against private schoolers simply because he wasn't one or his kids arent one. LET IT GO! You're annoying to this board and boring me with your constant whining. Enjoy the opportunity to compete against a school like Baylor and realize they only help Tennessee wrestling.

I don't always agree with Baylor's tactics of how they always seem to "end up" with these stud wrestlers, but with that being said, I know if I lived in Chatt i would likely want my kids to go there too for the obvious reasons that have been stated earlier.

On another note, EVERYONE disregard comments by Mocs2011...his opinion needs to be valued ZERO because he is one of those people that holds a grudge against private schoolers simply because he wasn't one or his kids arent one. LET IT GO! You're annoying to this board and boring me with your constant whining. Enjoy the opportunity to compete against a school like Baylor and realize they only help Tennessee wrestling.

Well said!! It was always sooooo rewarding to walk off the mat with a Baylor victory in the power house days of Luke Worsham's Big Red Machine!! The Big Blue usually gave my greatest challenges personally, but many of our Hixson Wrestlers left to fill other slots there and did quite well ...and we respected that; and again loved that thrill of victory. History has shown it is more parents & alums, not a coordinated effort by Worsham's, Morgan and likely not today... If you want to point the finger, it's Joe Waddell!!

Around around the mulberry bush the monkey chases the BIG RED MACHINE… lol sorry I could not help myself. Sooo TSSAA or blueballs or heck anybody…. The Baylor oppurtunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success(now I have only one college course so I might not be the sharpest tool in the shed) however it seems kinda simple. Okay… okay… let me say this again please get you a pencil and piece of paper so can write it down and keep it in your pocket.. The Baylor opportunity comes with great sacrifice and commitment which equally success.

Yours in sport

Mitchell L. Brunner(my son makes me put the L in there says it looks more "professional")

So to be honest, Baylor never contacted you before or right after yours sons freshman state championship? You went and contacted them?popcorneater.gif

Ok, here is your sign!

315 points was the most points ever scored in a state tournament. I guess thats barely. Just by doing a little research and reading and knowing a few people on the inside I have come to the following conclusion.

1) You are just trying to keep people riled up. For someone who doesnt have a dog in the hunt your sure post a lot about the d11 schools.

2) no matter what people say or facts are laid out you just continually say Baylor cheats, Baylor cheats...

3) Whose state placers did they recruit? Hmmm Just by doing a little research its pretty eveident Tate Robinson had an altercation and left CBHS and was enrolled in the state of MO. He went to Baylor from MO not CBHS. He was no longer a student at CBHS.

4) Evidently Houston Clemments had a falling out at McCallie and decided to attend Baylor. Do you honestly think his family who evidently are diehard McCallie people would have allowed themselves to be recruited to Baylor?

5) As stated in one of the many posts before it stated Brandon Brunner wanted to go to Baylor in middle school and applied and was accepted but did not go because of loyalties and also his step dad was Tullahomas coach. Geeze!!! He then at a little older age decided it was really what he wanted to do and did it.

So based on a little research and a few phone calls I have come to the conclusion that mocs and trublu are just whiners and know nothing of what you spew out of your mouths.

Here's your sign...

In the duals, Baylor did not even make the finals last year. The year before that they barely won it and the year before that Father Ryan and CBHS were in the finals. Where's the domination in any of that? You're living in your own dream. Almost every great wrestler currently at Baylor (Holloway, Brunner, Dendy, Robinson, Clements...came from another high school program, lives in another part of the state or is a resident of another state). If you can feel good about those results have at it, considering where they recruit and the results, not impressed. Don't feel good about just competing for a TN title, go national and give Chattanooga another alternative, a truly national program!

Its a positive message, "don't be content, desire excellence out of our TN wrestling programs"! Especially private schools, where many are paying national level tuitions. Provide level playing fields where people strive to perform against similar competition (versus frustrating unlevel playing fields or those that provide a false sense of accomplishment) and provide as many alternatives as possible including a national prep option. The current system is broken and as a state we don't seem to be getting any better--actually seem to be moving the wrong direction. That's my message and not backing down from it, no matter how many old-timers, idiots, newbies or others try to disrupt. I know what I am talking about, have been a part of other state wrestling organizations that are successful. Many in this state are working hard to give wrestlers a chance to make it to the national levels and D1 colleges, grass roots efforts. Especially the AAU kids organization, my applause to those guys what a great start. Now we need a system at the high school level that will support that.

So to be honest, Baylor never contacted you before or right after yours sons freshman state championship? You went and contacted them?popcorneater.gif

TNKO… My apologies for just now getting back to your question. Ok so from one bald headed doctor to one bald headed ref.

NO I was never contacted by the school period. Now please understand I will be in surgery a portion of the next few days in case I don’t get back to any of your replies.

YIS

Mitchell L. Brunner

TNKO… My apologies for just now getting back to your question. Ok so from one bald headed doctor to one bald headed ref.

NO I was never contacted by the school period. Now please understand I will be in surgery a portion of the next few days in case I don’t get back to any of your replies.

YIS

Mitchell L. Brunner

You know ,I hate how people just throw accusations on here, and rant and rave about their opinions and what they think they know. Sometimes a simple question just requires a simple answer. And you just gave it, so I hope people can move on on this subject. popcorneater.gif