The Tornadoes of UC v/s The Lions of Dresden.

BigSwo

I have not seen much arrogance from them this year, but my dislike of their fans comes from last years state championship. They were very arrogant on the thread that week and then they made up excuses after the game.

About the only excuses I made was the wind which really sucked that day. If I wanted to make excusses I would have said that 14 of our starters tested positive for the flu the week of the game, which happened. You guys won the game and I said congrats to you for it. You make it out like you really dominated the game and for three quarters you didn't. Enjoy the gold ball and maybe we will see you again sometime.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I gotta say the biggest question looming in my mind for this weeks game hasn't even been mentioned yet..who is gonna be the starting quarterback? Do you dance with the one that brought ya (#34) or do ya go to the qb that started the year and has played a total of a 1/2 game all year long due to injury in the biggest game he's been in yet?

I would bet you see both of them. Think the coaches are trying to get back to the original game plan for this year but wont stray to far away from what has us winning. We are all asking that question, though.........

I have not seen much arrogance from them this year, but my dislike of their fans comes from last years state championship. They were very arrogant on the thread that week and then they made up excuses after the game.

Was it arrogance or taking up for our team? No one gave our boys a chance all season & we made it to the big game. Those boys worked their behinds off to make it that far & for our little school made history. That may not mean much to you but for us & our community it was a big deal. Arrogance is what you have continued to do 10 months after winning the state championship. We said congratulations now move on. Win with humility. If you'd like to continue to hate on Dresden football, maybe we can get you in touch with Charger Fanatic but right now we're talking Union City-Dresden football. Have a blessed day.

I will also tell you this, one of our coaches, before season started, said that UC will probably win state in 1A this year. So they have had an eye on you guys for awhile now. Hope its a good safe game and when you guys make a run at state we will be your biggest fans. Just not this week!!!!!! Go Lions

will be pulling for the lions as well in the playoffs....if dresden can throw the ball effectively just a little they can beat UC. UC cannot defend the pass nor do they tackle very well in space. UC's passing game has potential but their coach uses it begrudgingly. typically only throws in obvious passing situations which makes it tougher to be successful. I do expect a UC victory but would by no means be surprised to see Dresden win.

About the only excuses I made was the wind which really sucked that day. If I wanted to make excusses I would have said that 14 of our starters tested positive for the flu the week of the game, which happened. You guys won the game and I said congrats to you for it. You make it out like you really dominated the game and for three quarters you didn't. Enjoy the gold ball and maybe we will see you again sometime.

I can see it now...ten years down the road you'll still be talking about how you beat that little West TN team in the championship game. Find something better to do with your time rather than trashing us!

Well things are at the least moving on this thread. We have had a great week so far talking about OUR game for the most part. I think fans from both sides of the fence are not making any big predictions or showing the arrogance that other posters seem to think the Dresden posters are showing. I believe those who are involved have a little more reserve about this game and I believe we respect one another as well. Honestly both sides knows that this game has the potential to be pivotal for both teams at this point in the season. It has the potential to send either team down a slippery slope. Confidence is huge in the minds of these kids and if you break that confindence against strong teams you can have a bad effect for the rest of the season. So I say thanks for the over lying respect shown by the posters of each team. Im hoping for a victory and an injury free game.

I am feeling a little OPTIMISTIC icon_e_smile.gif

I tell ya Im a little worried to be honest. Not about our abilities to play nor our resolve to win. My concern is this......Keylon Hyde is on the verge of breaking the all time rushing record for UC and putting it so far out of reach for any future rushers that it will be a very long time before anybody even gets a sniff of it let alone breaking it. With this milestone set before him and UC its a perfect opportunity for that evil injury that maybe lurking out there to end his career. That would be a complete tragedy in my mind. I am concerned that opposing players may see it as a threat to thier status and possibly be more aggressive than is needed to keep him from breaking this record. Im not saying that The Lions players will purpose fully try to hurt him but these guys surely dont want this on thier resume' for sure. I know I wouldnt if I were playing. I knew he was going to break that record this year and I hope he breaks it for along one early and gets this crap outta the way and be done with it. Its just seems to me the stage is set for that and its got me concerned to say the least. Someone please tell me to grow a pair and shut up. Or atleast do a jinx chant or something to counter this aweful feeling I have. I will start it now . Shut that mess up you pantie waist worry wort. No injuries for any of these fine young men who play this game. I know ....I know.....I shouldnt even mention the likes of such but what happens is what happens. I just hope and pray that it doesnt happen to anyone.

Edited by BigSwo

Shut up and grow a set SWO!!!!! I've already done a jinx chant on UC.

We will give him the record if you give us the win. Sounds like a fair trade. Just read the article on NWTN today about Hyde and like we all know, he is special. I had the exact same feeling after we lost two of our boys week 0. If we lost one more player from almost any position we could easily be 1 and 4 right now. He will get the record (hopefully next week) and you guys will be a force to deal with come playoff time. I look for a clean hard fought battle and hope no one gets injured.

Edited by ysoangry