Open @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are succeeding with the intent to have a dominant running game. So far we are getting there with that. I can't help but to think we are sneaking up on opening up the pass as a weapon that is being brought around for future use. Williamsburg needed to be hammered because they are a more finess type team. Heck their QB played LB! He reminded me of a young Jared Lorenzo the untacklable QB that played for UK a few moons ago. Big ole boy. We changed our offense pretty early by going to a more power package (only one wideout) realizing the grinding drives kept Williamsburg Offense off the field. That was good coaching. And our clock management was superb. To get the field goal unit on before time ran out was the difference in the game.

thumb[1].gif Kazareeto thumb[1].gif

Edited by kazam37

We are succeeding with the intent to have a dominant running game. So far we are getting there with that. I can't help but to think we are sneaking up on opening up the pass as a weapon that is being brought around for future use. Williamsburg needed to be hammered because they are a more finess type team. Heck their QB played LB! He reminded me of a young Jared Lorenzo the untacklable QB that played for UK a few moons ago. Big ole boy. We changed our offense pretty early by going to a more power package (only one wideout) realizing the grinding drives kept Williamsburg Offense off the field. That was good coaching. And our clock management was superb. To get the field goal unit on before time ran out was the difference in the game.

thumb[1].gif Kazareeto thumb[1].gif

Remember too Kaz, this is TL's first year with this crew. He is still evaluating them and getting the right pieces on the board at the right time. I'm 100% sure Oneida is not gonna win the NFC Championship, that will probably be the 49'ers. The boys will have some ups and downs but, I think the Indians best football is yet to be played.....thumb[1].gif

Edited by SmashMouth

Remember too Kaz, this is TL's first year with this crew. He is still evaluating them and getting the right pieces on the board at the right time. I'm 100% sure Oneida is not gonna win the NFC Championship, that will probably be the 49'ers. The boys will have some ups and downs but, I think the Indians best football is yet to be played.....thumb[1].gif

Did they ever catch that feller runnin naked on the Kentucky border with his arm in his mouth? unsure.png

If so, I may have to catch an Indian game sometime. icon_e_smile.gif

Edited by THE KING

Sheesh.....rumor has it the naked dude is holed up with his uncle Loud? I don't think the authorities are going to be looking for him anytime soon, I've heard they are using him on the war against drugs. Seems he puts a fright on the local Meth dealers to see him running around naked. They get so shaky they start blowing up the labs themselves!!! Two explosions this morning less than a block apart....seems Smash was taking his early morning 2 block jog....stopped for 8 doughnuts....then jogged back.

Lets move past Open and try Oakdale? I think we might try some 4 receiver sets against them to shore up the pass offense. I know we have seen that set early on and we have just went away from it. Of course I know we are entirely capable of just ramming it right at them, but when we hit the playoffs and all, the balance is bound to help. I think our line has made clear improvement as we have moved to the halfway point. Kudos to them. Sledge (Al) and Hammer (Bear) are going to get plus yardage everytime they touch it. Slash, Dash, and Flash are getting a little more space to work with and if they get to 3rd gear they going to win a lot of foot races! I'm thinking a few skinny posts when those safeties start creeping up will keep the Defenses from giving us one too many to block. I thought we would be 4-1 at this point so we have done about what I expected so far. The coaching staff is begining to lock on to the boys and the reaction has been good. Long week to heal and lick the wounds a bit.

thumb[1].gif Kazzy thumb[1].gif