Bruce Lussier on the Hot Seat?

mustachiomenace

I have heard whispers that Father Ryan’s football coach Bruce Lussier is on the hot seat after losing three straight games this year (one of those being to Hillwood) and only having two winning seasons while being football coach for the Irish. So will the Fighting Irish have a new head coach next year? And if so who will be the top contenders for the job?

• Upvote 1

I have heard these rumors as well. My sources tell me that there is much internal tension within the frhs coaching staff and administration. I do believe that Lussier still has some time left on his contract... much to the chagrin of the Irish alumni and parents. It seems unlikely that a move will be made before the end of the season, but i think Lussier's days at Ryan are numbered. I have heard no news on any possible contenders for the position. Perhaps Mr. Carrell can pay enough to entice Bowers to come over from Ensworth

Guest Sackmaster50

I heard from a current Irish parent that patience is growing thin and that a vacant platter needs a head. However, there is no confirmation of a vacancy becoming available in the near future. Time will tell though. Father Ryan is a great school with rich tradition and I'm sure the Irish faithful hate to see such great investments in the program go to waste because of questionable coaching.
Edited by Sackmaster50

I heard from a current Irish parent that patience is growing thin and that a vacant platter needs a head. However, there is no confirmation of a vacancy becoming available in the near future. Time will tell though. Father Ryan is a great school with rich tradition and I'm sure the Irish faithful hate to see such great investments in the program go to waste because of questionable coaching.

Waste indeed. Father Ryan just doesnt seem to be the school it once was. In my opinion its gone to heck in a hand basket.

Edited by thebruce

Waste indeed. Father Ryan just doesnt seem to be the school it once was. In my opinion its gone to heck in a hand basket.

Can't judge schools by their football programs.

What is the status of his contract?

Bruce Lussier has never adapted to D2 football. For 2 seasons his team was loaded with talent and he did well, but didn't adapt quickly to the league's football where other coaches did.

Guest Sackmaster50

Bruce Lussier has never adapted to D2 football. For 2 seasons his team was loaded with talent and he did well, but didn't adapt quickly to the league's football where other coaches did.

That's the main reason why some D2 Schools should consider finding new coaching (and maybe even administrative) leadership that can adapt and change with the times. It's not a knock on what they've done, but to continue being successful (and not just in football) new blood can sometimes be the catalyst to putting schools back on the preverbial map.

Can't judge schools by their football programs.

What is the status of his contract?

It's not so much the wins and losses but the the politics of the program... and it goes beyond the football program

Edited by thebruce

That's the main reason why some D2 Schools should consider finding new coaching (and maybe even administrative) leadership that can adapt and change with the times. It's not a knock on what they've done, but to continue being successful (and not just in football) new blood can sometimes be the catalyst to putting schools back on the preverbial map.

But what I’m hearing from the FRHS coaching staff and administration is that the schemes are right it’s just that the players are lacking heart.

Edited by mustachiomenace

It's all going to heck in a handbasket. It all started with the scandal a few years back when they caught some of the players playing naked Santa claws. The general consensus among most alumni and players is that Lussier has gotta go. His buddy Grimace got the boot, and now its time for the big cheese to go. A total personnel makeover is desperately needed or else those generous doners who built the field will invest in a high powered flying device that is capable of physically removing the field from Frhs and relocating it to a team more deserving. The players got heart to make up for their lack of coaching, size, and athletisicim, but heart can only do so much. Bruce and his mustache need to take their talents elsewhere... I'm sure Lowes is hiring.

Guest Sackmaster50

But what I’m hearing from the FRHS coaching staff and administration is that the schemes are right it’s just that the players are lacking heart.

I feel some coaches use the whole "lacking heart" thing to keep the fingers from being pointed their direction. Plus it's hard for players to maintain the heart, when they don't drink the cool aid the coach is serving. A player should feel the coaching staff is part of their team and not it's dictator. Granted teenagers need leadership and guidance in their coaches, but not fear of being told they don't care, or don't have the heart because they botch some plays on the athletic field. Just my humble opinion from the stands...

Edited by Sackmaster50

I have no idea if Coach Lussier is on the hot seat but as a Father Ryan football parent I want to make a couple of points.

Coach Lussier always seems to field a pretty good defense.

We have gone from the spread to the triple option overnight. It is taking the boys awhile to adapt and we need to be patient while that happens.

Edited by Gofatherryan