Gallatin at Brentwood

Verb58

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MJpride, I agree with almost all of what you said. Gangs are everywhere not just Gallatin. There are elements at Beech, Hendersonville, Station Camp and even Mt Juliet!! Ask any officier and they will tell you the same, I know and have talked about it with some. So pride, I have to ask...name a few players who played at Gallatin who did not live here? I am very curious.

My suggestion to parents that are trying to avoid "thugs/gangs" in high school, don't send them somewhere else, keep them at the house and home school them. Unfortunately, they are in every school to some extent, not just Gallatin.

I would also like to hear some names of past Wave players who did not live here. I have followed Gallatin football since the late 70's, and I can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

Quit whinning now that your team stinks because they want to go somewhere else. There are too many thugs/gangs inside of Gallatin and some kids and their parents are fed up with it and decide to go elsewhere. This has been a big problem in Gallatin for several years now. The coaches have turned a blind eye and society has allowed the thugs to have too much control just because they are athletes.

No offense taken but that just isn't true. Somebody down the line started rumors a few years back that Gallatin had gangs/thugs, throughout the school. Which is NOT true. I played for the Wave under coach Lassiter and I can tell you that he or none of the other coaches put up with thugs. Could they be a little more disciplined on the field? Yes. I know of one year (very recently) that discipline/penalties was the only thing that kept them from going to State. But as far as the school in general goes, a day in class at Gallatin High School is the same as any other school. It is a clean school that has a good administration. They offer more AP classes than any school in Sumner County. A class program.

Plus, seeing that kids are all about material things these days, I couldn't see how a kid would choose any school other than Gallatin if they are close to the area. It just seems like a no brainier to me. A very nice locker room, one of the biggest and nicest weight rooms in the sate. Comparable to a top private school program. An indoor sports facility with turf, many schools have nothing like that. A big and traditional stadium,the fans will pack the stadium when you win. They have very nice equipment, brand new pads, helmets, jerseys, pants, And most importantly, there are 3 state championship banners hanging in the locker room. A program that has proven themselves. I just don't see what there is not to like. As far as having the nice material things to provide for a team, I don't believe there is a program in sumner county that has ALL of these things I just mentioned.

Hey MJpride, I agree with almost all of what you said. Gangs are everywhere not just Gallatin. There are elements at Beech, Hendersonville, Station Camp and even Mt Juliet!! Ask any officier and they will tell you the same, I know and have talked about it with some. So pride, I have to ask...name a few players who played at Gallatin who did not live here? I am very curious.

I don't need to ask an officer. I will assure you of that sir. I know there are gangs even in MJ but no where near what Gallatin has? I stated earlier that it wasn't just a GHS problem. As far as the recruiting goes- So in the late 70's & early 80's there were NO players from the Bethpage/Westmoreland area that played for the Wave? Edited by MJpride

Years ago when Gallatin was good they had players that didn't live in Gallatin but played for the Wave. It's been going on for many years. Quit whinning now that your team stinks because they want to go somewhere else. There are too many thugs/gangs inside of Gallatin and some kids and their parents are fed up with it and decide to go elsewhere. This has been a big problem in Gallatin for several years now. The coaches have turned a blind eye and society has allowed the thugs to have too much control just because they are athletes. This isn't just a GHS problem either. I just happen to know this is a big problem at GHS. If the coaches get back control of the whole team GHS will be a contender again because there is alot of talent inside of Gallatin. GHS had the athletes/talent last year to be in the championship game but lacked control/discipline. Discipline + talent = Championships

I don't need to ask an officer. I will assure you of that sir. I know there are gangs even in MJ but no where near what Gallatin has? I stated earlier that it wasn't just a GHS problem. As far as the recruiting goes- So in the late 70's & early 80's there were NO players from the Bethpage/Westmoreland area that played for the Wave?

MJ Pride, you seem jaded for some reason. Did you lose to Gallatin during your playing days in the 70's or 80's? Again, Bethpage/Cottontown area not Bethpage/Westmoreland and some of that area is still zoned for Gallatin.

Thugs? Gangs? This Is not Compton, CA. We are in Gallatin TN. Your perceptions are grossly inaccuate and your misrepresentations are shameful concerning the great student body we do have.

Coaches turning a blind eye and society... Are you serious? YOU happen to know it is a big problem at GHS... Of course you don't know. How could you? Shame on you.

Control and discipline start at home and is fostered through sport building to character. Some have it, some learn late or not at all. The hope is that it builds throughout.