DeKalb vs. Hixson

TigerPride23

From everything I've seen and heard, Smith County was the first time the starters played past half time. I have no idea where you are getting this on films haha

I was thinking the same thing. I've been to every single game and I know the 1st string sat out after half time in every game except SC. The white co. game was the only game where they stayed in for like 2 minutes after haltime tops. Yeah we had starters in after we were up 30, BUT we were up by 40-50 pts. at half time in every game.... Is that our fault?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to watch all the Dekalb films this week........Dekalb got the margin of victory because the coach was up on teams by at least 30 and still had his 1st string in and was calling pass plays well into the 4th quarter.

Did you Actually watch the films??? The only game our starters played in the forth quarter was against smith co. 2nd and 3rd string has mopped up the 2nd half in the previous 4 games! Do your homework before giving false information.

Did you Actually watch the films??? The only game our starters played in the forth quarter was against smith co. 2nd and 3rd string has mopped up the 2nd half in the previous 4 games! Do your homework before giving false information.

Dont worry....I did my homework. I dont expect people from there to get on here and admit to it. And I dont have anything against Dekalb but I do see being merciful on people that you are beating to a pulp. When the score gets to a certain point it should turn into a run game. Good luck to both teams.

Here's my homework:

Dekalb vs. White co: Starters - 64,50,52,18,23,80,16,1,43,73,93,9 With 4 mins left in the 3rd quarter and at a score of 44-7 these same boys were still playing

Dekalb vs. Warren co: Starters - 1, 50, 3,45,23,16,73,18 with 3 mins left in the 3rd quarter and a score of 50-0 these same boys were still playing

This was provided by your own film and by the picture timeline on your own Tiger football website so I guess it proves my point.

Our THIRD string running back already has two rushing td's this year and our second string running back has broke huge runs everytime we hand him the ball. Like I said when you are up by 40 points at half time then too bad. Wait until after half time to take your starters out it makes perfect sense. I know the game you are talking about. White co. Yeah we passed the ball in the third, but that was an extremely sloppy first half..I mean sloppy. Fumble the ball back and forth and passes that were too high. The qb came back out and got some confidence and worked some kinks out. Especially with SC coming up the next week. I mean come on.. He had 7 td throws and 4 of them were to the same guy. If you can't stop that or figure something out then maybe you should learn how to stop the passing game. Got a running back too. And when we need to use him we do. He had 70 yards on 6 carries against SC. If we wanted to work him, I'm sure we could get big yards out of him. And he is our second string guy. I would just about guarantee DeKalb's second and third string have got more playing time than anyone in the area. You can't blame the score on running it up when the half time scores were 40-0 against warren, clay 36-0 which our second string running back scored on a 67 and 9 yarder after halftime, and then our 3rd string scored on a 40 yarder..No passes after half time and still ended up with 65 points. Cannon was 42-0 at the half and our starters didn't even step foot on the playing field after halftime in that game. White co. was 25-7 at halftime (remember I said extremely sloppy first half) which is why phillips came back out for some of the third and we still got it to 58 in no time (which they then came right out). And of course SC was tied at 13 at halftime. And SC fans were even saying DC hasn't played a full game yet wondering if that would be bad for us, but we owned the second half. Not to mention special teams scores alot. So when you are leading by THAT much at halftime every week I don't think it is a problem with running the score up late in the game.

Our THIRD string running back already has two rushing td's this year and our second string running back has broke huge runs everytime we hand him the ball. Like I said when you are up by 40 points at half time then too bad. Wait until after half time to take your starters out it makes perfect sense. I know the game you are talking about. White co. Yeah we passed the ball in the third, but that was an extremely sloppy first half..I mean sloppy. Fumble the ball back and forth and passes that were too high. The qb came back out and got some confidence and worked some kinks out. Especially with SC coming up the next week. I mean come on.. He had 7 td throws and 4 of them were to the same guy. If you can't stop that or figure something out then maybe you should learn how to stop the passing game. Got a running back too. And when we need to use him we do. He had 70 yards on 6 carries against SC. If we wanted to work him, I'm sure we could get big yards out of him. And he is our second string guy. I would just about guarantee DeKalb's second and third string have got more playing time than anyone in the area. You can't blame the score on running it up when the half time scores were 40-0 against warren, clay 36-0 which our second string running back scored on a 67 and 9 yarder after halftime, and then our 3rd string scored on a 40 yarder..No passes after half time and still ended up with 65 points. Cannon was 42-0 at the half and our starters didn't even step foot on the playing field after halftime in that game. White co. was 25-7 at halftime (remember I said extremely sloppy first half) which is why phillips came back out for some of the third and we still got it to 58 in no time (which they then came right out). And of course SC was tied at 13 at halftime. And SC fans were even saying DC hasn't played a full game yet wondering if that would be bad for us, but we owned the second half. Not to mention special teams scores alot. So when you are leading by THAT much at halftime every week I don't think it is a problem with running the score up late in the game.

I never said anything about running the score up late in the game. Someone made the comment that Dekalb has been winning their games by a bigger margin than Hixson and I simply stated that alot of the starters were still in the game late in the 3rd quarter and going into the 4th and that there was several pass plays called. Thats kindof like having a big lead in baseball and still bunting and stealing bases. Having said that Dekalb has a good team and it should be a good matchup on Friday. Hixson has some coaches that came in this year and seem to have the program on the right track and hopefully in the future they will have a strong program.