DeKalb vs. Hixson

TigerPride23

I think you need to look at who your talking to before you make your statements. I guess i have jumped on the DeKalb band wagon this year, along with Giles as well because i want to see a rematch. The man you are talking to is a Portland fan, and Portland has a very good program that just a couple years ago were one of the most dominant programs in the state. He has been here longer and has a lot more posts. Watch yourself about calling out someone like that, they will eat you alive hungry.gif

Dont matter to me if it's the president of TSSAA. He speaks his thoughts and I speak my thoughts. If we could'nt do that then what good would this website be? Edited by TigersVoice

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Bernie deserves alot more credit than u think.

Yes you are right, Coach Bernie comes to us via Cannon County who won the distric then let him go at the end of that season. I though that was crazy. Yes we are blessed to have coach Bernie and he has been the defense coach for alot of high school and some collage teams. He and his family have opened a business here in town and he has all the jerseys from each team he has helped coach hanging on his wall and there are some great teams hanging there. So yes you are right he does deserves more credit then what he is giving. Edited by TigersVoice

Trapp played ball at Dekalb in the 90's.

He coached at the jr. pro level in Dekalb while going through college. Head coach got fired, then the replacement left before the season started, then Trapp stepped in. His first actual coaching JOB was head coach.

So, basically he went from coaching jr. pro to coaching high school.

I think he helped with the jr. high some and maybe the high school, but only as a volunteer.

Some from Dekalb may can go more in depth. I hope I'm accurate.

Yes you are exactly right. I have nothing bad to say about him. He took his lumps when he first got the job and has steadily built it up since then. He is a great guy and will be with the program for a long time. As for Coach Bernie comments, I know he does deserve more credit than he is given, but he is not forgotten. People here in DC know how valuable he is. Our offenses in the past have been great and the defense just hadn't got figured out. He has turned that around after having last year to bond with the players and now has almost all of them back. I'm glad we got the problem corrected and got the coaching needed.

Also, I feel like many people that put in alot of time, effort, and hard work are getting left out. All of the coaches are doing an excellent job and deserve credit.

Edited by TigerPride23

I think you need to look at who your talking to before you make your statements. I guess i have jumped on the DeKalb band wagon this year, along with Giles as well because i want to see a rematch. The man you are talking to is a Portland fan, and Portland has a very good program that just a couple years ago were one of the most dominant programs in the state. He has been here longer and has a lot more posts. Watch yourself about calling out someone like that, they will eat you alive hungry.gif

talking bout that dekalb/ giles rematch that would be a good one!

Trapp played ball at Dekalb in the 90's.

He coached at the jr. pro level in Dekalb while going through college. Head coach got fired, then the replacement left before the season started, then Trapp stepped in. His first actual coaching JOB was head coach.

So, basically he went from coaching jr. pro to coaching high school.

I think he helped with the jr. high some and maybe the high school, but only as a volunteer.

Some from Dekalb may can go more in depth. I hope I'm accurate.

I was a sophomore on the team when Coach Trapp became coach. After the 04 season Coach Cantrell was replaced by Coach Fuller who left the program exactly two weeks before the opening game vs. Warren County. Coach Trapp stepped in after Fuller left and had a very bad year. Does anybody know if tonights game vs. Hixson will be broadcasted online like last week vs. Smith? I wont be able to make the game tonight but would like to watch it online if possible. Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I was a sophomore on the team when Coach Trapp became coach. After the 04 season Coach Cantrell was replaced by Coach Fuller who left the program exactly two weeks before the opening game vs. Warren County. Coach Trapp stepped in after Fuller left and had a very bad year. Does anybody know if tonights game vs. Hixson will be broadcasted online like last week vs. Smith? I wont be able to make the game tonight but would like to watch it online if possible.

It seems that you're the same age as my stepson. He played as a freshman under Cantrell. After Fuller took over, we moved to Gordonsville, so he would've been a sophomore on that team as well.

It seems that you're the same age as my stepson. He played as a freshman under Cantrell. After Fuller took over, we moved to Gordonsville, so he would've been a sophomore on that team as well.

Yup he must of graduated in 2008 then, and I know who your stepson is now since you said yall moved to Gordonsville after his freshman year. Edited by DCTIGERFAN

The game will not be broadcasted on myDTC3.com but you can hear John Pryor on WJLE via internet. There's a link on our DCHS Tigers website... http://www.dekalbcountyfootball.com/

mike.gif

http://www.mydtc3.com/ will livestream the York and Macon games the following two weeks though. Here's their schedule... http://www.mydtc3.com/sports-broadcast-schedule

Go Tigers!

webmaster@dekalbcountyfootball.com