CAK @Gibbs

FootballDad

I think Warriors2011 was accurate in his explanation of how our coaching staff approaches and administers our games. I must admit that I have enough "old school" in me that it has been hard at times to watch the defensive philosophy we employee, especially this year when the deficiencies have been exasperated due to personnel and depth limitations. The coaches have allowed a few of the offensive players to play some limited defensive snaps, but rarely have they allowed most of them to play together as a defensive unit. As previously stated, the only time that has happened was against Darlington. Ironically, that unit gave up the only TD in that half (when the DB's got caught being too aggressive and got a pass thrown over their head). But every time after that when that unit was sent on the field they stopped Darlington's drives. We've not seen them as a complete unit since then. And I can certainly agree with the comment that Darlington is NO ALCOA. But IMHO that unit is the one that has the best chance of at least slowing Alcoa down and possibly getting a turnover. I don't think we will see that unit again until the regular season finale with the Tornadoes and then in the playoffs. I doubt Coach Bradley will risk them at LaVergne the week prior to Alcoa.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been absolutely NO information on here about Gibbs? Can anyone shed any light on the Eagles? I know that their QB (Cade) is good and they are suppose to have another good back. I believe they ran the triple option some last year when we playe them. Thats all I've heard about them. They were undefeated until last week and then they got blasted by Gatlinburg Pittman.

There has been absolutely NO information on here about Gibbs? Can anyone shed any light on the Eagles? I know that their QB (Cade) is good and they are suppose to have another good back. I believe they ran the triple option some last year when we playe them. Thats all I've heard about them. They were undefeated until last week and then they got blasted by Gatlinburg Pittman.

BUMP. bored.gif

No help here, but I would like some help from you on something. We are coming over to play your middle school next Tuesday and was wondering how your team is doing this year. MMS is 6-0 and very solid.

From what I have watched they are a work in progress. It all depeneds on which QB plays. They have a really good qb, but he has had a nagging injury that has kept him out of some games (summer league baseball injury or something). If the starting qb cannot play the next guy in is a wr and the production drops off.

No help here, but I would like some help from you on something. We are coming over to play your middle school next Tuesday and was wondering how your team is doing this year. MMS is 6-0 and very solid.

If CAK's first-string QB is able to play most of the game, and if they get a couple of other skill guys who are returning from injury into the mix offensively, CAK will probably be competitive with MMS for at least 2-3 quarters but will need a couple of breaks (turnovers) to go their way to have any chance to pull out a W against a traditionally bigger, deeper, well-coached MMS team.

If CAK's first-string QB is able to play most of the game, and if they get a couple of other skill guys who are returning from injury into the mix offensively, CAK will probably be competitive with MMS for at least 2-3 quarters but will need a couple of breaks (turnovers) to go their way to have any chance to pull out a W against a traditionally bigger, deeper, well-coached MMS team.

Thanks for the info. I believe I've seen your qb at futurestar tryouts, good looking kid. As of right now we to will be missing 3 starters. Maybe both sides can get some back by next week.

Well I was at the GP game and Gibbs was dominated on both sides of the ball, 42-7.Is GP that good or is Gibbs a pretenter. I don't know

gp's 2 out of state games were againist beast, GP

soph running back had 276 yds right up the gut..Gibbs QB is fast but their line didnt impress me any. this will be a cake walk for CAK.

Well I was at the GP game and Gibbs was dominated on both sides of the ball, 42-7.Is GP that good or is Gibbs a pretenter. I don't know

gp's 2 out of state games were againist beast, GP

soph running back had 276 yds right up the gut..Gibbs QB is fast but their line didnt impress me any. this will be a cake walk for CAK.

Thanks for the info.thumb[1].gif A tough schedule explains the GP record and appears to have served them well in preparing for the rest of their schedule.

Congrats to CAK for the win and getting to 6-0. While the offensive stats will look good, I thought we weren't as sharp as usual. More pressure than normal on the QB, hesitation on our reads, some untimely penalties, and taking some sacks that maybe could have been avoided. Of course I have come to expect near perfection from the Warrior offense and I know that isn't fair. They still played beyond what most high school offenses do, and could have scored again most likely at the end of the game if they weren't just trying kill the clock. Defense, well, I thought we actually played about as well as we have all year in the first half, forcing J.Cade to hand off rather than keep. But he busted one at the end of the first half, and that seemed to ignite him. Congrats to that young man, he played incredible with over 300 yards rushing. He also played on defense. I love to watch athletes like that, just glad he couldn't manage to beat us single handedly, but he sure gave it his best shot.