Signal Mountain @ Notre Dame

MountainTroll

If I ain't run all the Notre Dame fans off yet, can one of you hosers 'splain to me how the seating works with bleachers only on one side. Who sits where?

Hey Troll, if you are facing the stands, visitors are on the right and ND is on the left. Seating will probably be a premium (so will decent parking) so I would recommend getting there early. We are kind of land locked and apologize for the seating arrangements. We are trying to come up with something for the future but that won't help us tomorrow night. At least we have a field! When I played there in the 80s we had to play all of our home games at Kirkman! One upside is the stands are closer to the field than any place I've seen so your vantage point is great.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Troll, if you are facing the stands, visitors are on the right and ND is on the left. Seating will probably be a premium (so will decent parking) so I would recommend getting there early. We are kind of land locked and apologize for the seating arrangements. We are trying to come up with something for the future but that won't help us tomorrow night. At least we have a field! When I played there in the 80s we had to play all of our home games at Kirkman! One upside is the stands are closer to the field than any place I've seen so your vantage point is great.

What's the prevailin' winds? Will we be upwind or downwind from you hosers?

Edited by MountainTroll

nice post

“If you have ever peeled an onion, then you know that the first thin, papery layer reveals another thin, papery layer, and that layer reveals another, and another, and before you know it you have hundreds of layers all over the kitchen table and thousands of tears in your eyes, sorry that you ever started peeling in the first place and wishing that you had left the onion alone to wither away on the shelf of the pantry while you went on with your life, even if that meant never again enjoying the complicated and overwhelming taste of this strange and bitter vegetable." - Lemony Snicket

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=107&hl=en&sa=X&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7TSNA_enUS394US395&biw=1366&bih=508&addh=36&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=ixBAa6VMHHpzTM:&imgrefurl=http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D53%26t%3D3500&docid=FHtOEOVZaQzXPM&imgurl=http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn188/GLCity/leprechaun.jpg&w=500&h=500&ei=HWpmUKH2D5Ho8wTG1ICoDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=335&vpy=165&dur=1918&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=112&ty=186&sig=114294856799778307271&page=6&tbnh=139&tbnw=139&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:107,i:82

Edited by Booger

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

The Good. Two young teams. Signal lost a lot of really good football players last year. This year's team starts a lot of sophomores and juniors. They are talented atheletes but have a long way to go learning to be football players. I thought they would come along faster than they have, but they are slowly improving with experience. The defense looked much better tonight, which was good to see.

Notre Dame is also young with lots of freshmen and sophomores. They will be a force to contend with in a year or two. Props to ND for not giving up. Signal had several opportunities to pull away, but we couldn't, and the ND kids stepped up. Lots of good athletes and already good football players. You can tell they are well coached as far as their awareness and football skills.

The Bad. Six holding calls on Signal's interior linemen on dive and trap plays. WTF? I'll have to watch the film, but I think most were called by the head linesman. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is a friggin' incompetent idiot. If not that, then he is a cheater. Many of these killed drives or resulted in 1st and 20.

Now the Ugly. Five or six personal fouls on Notre Dame. Kicking, cussing, punching, and spitting. I think most of them wereon their better players. Again, I will have to watch the film to see. This behavior has been mentioned on other threads, so I am assuming this is their typical behavior. My assessment is that these kids (not indicative of the whole team) are poorly disciplined punks. I think Coach Fant is respectable person, and I hope he fixes this problem. It will hurt them in the future and certainly hurt them tonight. Fortunately for ND, after a personal foul resulted in a first down for Signal, the linesman would turn around and call holding to make it 1st and 20.

A win is a win, but overall I was not very impressed with either team's performance. Hopefully, Signal can continue to improve make a good showing in the playoffs. I still have faith in my Eagles, but lots of work yet to be done. GMFE!!!