Playoff Picture after Week 5

Gerry Bertier

Seedings are determined by number of wins, then games against teams with winning records, then wins against teams with winning records.

There is no "Guaranteed #1 seed for winning a district"

Proof? ~~> .http://www.tssaa.org...l2012/index.cfm

Scroll down to video #4

Get you some of dat there.

District winners are seeded first, then district runner-ups, then wild cards. District winners are promised a higher seed than district runner ups no matter the record. Don't believe me, look it up. It is there, but since you are so "smart" I am sure you can find it easily.icon_mrgreen.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should watch the video. Remember, you also said that CAK would go to quad 1.

I am not trying to bust your chops here, you usually nail it.

The first "get you some" was not at you. It was just a surprise that this is the current scenario. The rest of them kinda were

Watch the video on seeding when you get a moment.

Seedings are determined by number of wins, then games against teams with winning records, then wins against teams with winning records.

There is no "Guaranteed #1 seed for winning a district"

Proof? ~~> .http://www.tssaa.org...l2012/index.cfm

Scroll down to video #4

Get you some of dat there.

Video #4 specifically discusses "PRIORITY SEEDING" for district winners and runner ups. They seed district winners first by the number of wins and SOS, then they seed runners up by wins and SOS, then wildcards by wins and SOS.

The method of seeding is on the middle of page four in the handbook, dated August 21, 2012.

The info at the top of page three is the process for breaking ties to determine final standings within individual Districts/Regions.

I believe 2010 was the season that there was no priority seeding for district winners and runners-up.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

I would think it is equitable to not have automatic (preferrential) seeding for district champs. The way that it is set up seems to blend sos and accomplishment on the field as priority seeding. Since it is possible to go to the playoffs with an (abissmially) losing record by winning district (depending on the district) it would be adding further insult to injury to also grant a team with a losing record preferrential seeding.

Your scenario of Alcoa and CAKe both being #1 seeds is possible, but somewhat of a reach.

If Alcoa goes to Q1 as a #1, and district 5, 6, and 7 all have 4A teams as the champs... I believe CAKe would get a #1 seed because there would be no district champs in 3A Quad 2.

And that is a possibility since District 5 champ could be Sequoyah (4A), District 6 should be East Hamilton (4A), and District 7 should be Signal Mt. (4A). ( I hope I have all those districts correct)

I guess District 8 could come into play, but the top 2 teams there, right now, are 4A, with 3A York at 3rd.

I think East Ham. and Sig. Mt. are favorites to win their district, so your hope hangs with Sequoyah beating Polk and Sweetwater for District 5.

I hope all that is accurate.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

You have no idea how bad I want Gerry to be right. The only restaurant worth eating at before a CAKe game is the Waffle House on Cedar Bluff.

You need to stop by Moe's on N.Shore (exit from Pellissippi to N.Shore, turn Right, about 1/4 mile on the right). One of the managers is a huge Alcoa fan and constantly gives me grief about CAK & Alcoa. When I came in to rib him after last years games he left the register and went to the back (all in good fun of course). I'm sure he would love to have some Tornado faithful drop by and see him. And then that leaves more tables for me & GVK at the Waffle House. hungry.gif