Henry Co. @ Clarksville Northeast on Thursday Night Lights

SEC1rules

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you don't mind commish, but I had to reformat your post in order to emphasize the most important part. Starting half-way through the season last year, RW comes on here and predicts blowout after blowout, regardless of oponent. He stated Ridgeway was inferior and would be a blowout, same with Powell. He stated that this season would be a cakewalk as well, when any knowledgable fan knew there would be growing pains this year. Liberty was going to be a cakewalk. Beech, no problem at all. And then he states that Northeast, a team that is always filled with athletes and has been a very competitive team the past 3 years, with a starting qb committed to Tennessee, would be a pushover. Either RW needs to find better "sources", he's a troll, or both. It took him 3 weeks to post after his predicted Beech massacre, we'll see how long it takes this time.

no problem from me on reformat. RW is a very knowledgeable football person. He just wouldn't be very good in vegas

NE team , coaches and fans very classy!! PA announcer absolutely classless( to some perhaps sacriligious with his proclaimation in ear shattering decibels that NE's victory was God's will).

GO BIG RED

OldDevil I regret not makin the game. Would have enjoyed sitting and chatting with the knowledgeable HC fans. I agree that if the field announcer said that it was out of line. I feel that God has a lot more going on than to worry about the outcome of a HS football game

Why don't you think I'll say anything? First of all...I WAS WRONG...and those haters out there better enjoy this because it's RARE! Congratulations to NE. I still have very little respect for Clarksville football but this year you are the exception. I truly believed this would be a massacre. Our defense has made little or no progress since early this season. We aren't able to pass effectively against good teams when we have to. NE was more physical than we were (that's shocking) and last night they were just better. The good news is that there aren't many good teams in 5A this year and we could still make a deep run in the playoffs, and maybe go all the way. We have to play better defense though. The simple truth is that we have only played two good teams and we have lost to both of them. I will continue to speak my mind and I will be correct a vast majority of the time. In this instance however, I was DEAD WRONG! Once again, congratulations to a very deserving winner last night, and all of you have your fun at my expense. I definitely deserve the abuse but I'll be back unchanged.

Two questions. If HC has played two good teams in 5A and lost to them both why would you say HC gets a second Gold Ball? And if I have abused you verbally in anyway I am sorry that has never been my intention to demean you or anyone else on this site. That is not how I have lived my life in these past 30+ years in the grocery business Edited by TheCommissioner

Hope you don't mind commish, but I had to reformat your post in order to emphasize the most important part. Starting half-way through the season last year, RW comes on here and predicts blowout after blowout, regardless of oponent. He stated Ridgeway was inferior and would be a blowout, same with Powell. He stated that this season would be a cakewalk as well, when any knowledgable fan knew there would be growing pains this year. Liberty was going to be a cakewalk. Beech, no problem at all. And then he states that Northeast, a team that is always filled with athletes and has been a very competitive team the past 3 years, with a starting qb committed to Tennessee, would be a pushover. Either RW needs to find better "sources", he's a troll, or both. It took him 3 weeks to post after his predicted Beech massacre, we'll see how long it takes this time.

Halfway through last season when I thought every game would be a blowout because we were THAT good and our opponents were usually just fair or worse, we won by 49 (NE), 48 (CHS), 22 (DC), 35 (RHS), 28 (Round 1), 23 (Round 2), 10 (Round 3-Ridgeway), 26 (Round 4), and the title game was obviously closer than I expected. I was correct almost every week, and we all know the Ridgeway game shouldn't have been that close at all. My sources are just fine thank you.

Two questions. If HC has played two good teams in 5A and lost to them both why would you say HC gets a second Gold Ball? And if I have abused you verbally in anyway I am sorry that has never been my intention to demean you or anyone else.

NO, you didn't abuse me verbally at all, although I've set myself up for it, and would understand if you had. Our defense is not currently state title worthy, but the field isn't that great. I still think we are one the top four teams on this side of the state and we will likely only have to beat two good teams to get back to the title game.

NO, you didn't abuse me verbally at all, although I've set myself up for it, and would understand if you had. Our defense is not currently state title worthy, but the field isn't that great. I still think we are one the top four teams on this side of the state and we will likely only have to beat two good teams to get back to the title game.

I agree with you on your explanation

2 weeks and 1 day. I assume you are not a math professor. Hahh!

Storme just seemed to be banged up. Not sure if it was cramps or what, but we need him on the field as much as possible. He's been the key that's turned the engine for our offense this season. Dennis Tharpe missing a big chunk of this game didn't help matters, either, because he's equally important to the defense. There are no excuses though, Northeast just outplayed us tonight. We've got to get more consistent play up front, or it will be a short-lived post season.

Time to regroup and bounce back next week.

Last year's line on both sides of the ball for HC was scary good. This year a little different story. Line play is a big difference maker in most HS games. The playmakers have a hard time making the moves if there is no one blocking