kingston@alcoa

jacketfan82

what i saw in that video was a great tackle. IF the ball carrier had been 200 pounds instead of 130 or whatever the young man was, and 57 did this, there wouldnt be a peep about it...actually, if you look at this over and over, as i did, the Kingston kid might be fortunately 57 flipped him like that. Given the way 57 had him grabbed from behind ( which was perfectly fine) had he simple rolled the kid to the ground or let his weight advantage drag the kid down, there might have actually been some really bad damage done to the kids knee or leg, given the angle of the tackle...anyone agree, disagree?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i saw in that video was a great tackle. IF the ball carrier had been 200 pounds instead of 130 or whatever the young man was, and 57 did this, there wouldnt be a peep about it...actually, if you look at this over and over, as i did, the

Kingston kid might be fortunately 57 flipped him like that. Given the way 57 had him grabbed from behind ( which was perfectly fine) had he simple rolled the kid to the ground or let his

weight advantage drag the kid down, there might have actually been some really bad damage done to the kids knee or leg, given the angle of

the tackle...anyone agree, disagree?

Well said BVD!!!

I think it is time people read the rule book. Rule 9-4-g,"Make any other contact with an opponent which is deemed unnecessary and which incites roughness." Also the last sentence on page 70 in the Fed Rule book. "Disqualification also if any foul is flagrant." The tackler did not have to throw him over like he did. A straight tackle to the ground would have been good enough. I have been a TSSAA official since 1980. This is the worst foul I have seen during that time. I would have ejected him. Also we no longer have illegal procedure.

I bet.............Ha.

Bad-ref.jpg

I think it is time people read the rule book. Rule 9-4-g,"Make any other contact with an opponent which is deemed unnecessary and which incites roughness." Also the last sentence on page 70 in the Fed Rule book. "Disqualification also if any foul is flagrant." The tackler did not have to throw him over like he did. A straight tackle to the ground would have been good enough. I have been a TSSAA official since 1980. This is the worst foul I have seen during that time. I would have ejected him. Also we no longer have illegal procedure.

Tennessee Sissy Sports Awareness Association Must be the league you are Officiating in then. Any other contact dont include while he is making the tackle. Sorry #57 guess you will have to 2 hand touch everyone and god knows how strong his arms are so that might get to physical as well. Funny thing is his 10 year old sister is handicapped and he does that to her all the time playing with her and she laughs. Guess its all how you raise em.

what i saw in that video was a great tackle. IF the ball carrier had been 200 pounds instead of 130 or whatever the young man was, and 57 did this, there wouldnt be a peep about it...actually, if you look at this over and over, as i did, the Kingston kid might be fortunately 57 flipped him like that. Given the way 57 had him grabbed from behind ( which was perfectly fine) had he simple rolled the kid to the ground or let his weight advantage drag the kid down, there might have actually been some really bad damage done to the kids knee or leg, given the angle of the tackle...anyone agree, disagree?

Agree totally the angle the ball carrier was at and #57 he did what he needed to do to stop him.

Agree totally the angle the ball carrier was at and #57 he did what he needed to do to stop him.

Much respect to #57, and the father that has taught him how to play the game. Don't let the one or two that say this is cheap get away from the fact that a great play was made, with or without the flip result of the tackle. Mr. Young, we met at the McDonalds in Hardin Valley and so I know you and your son. Not a dirty kid, I can first hand vouch for that. Good luck to you and the rest of the boys, and I hope you will find your way down to the fence week 10 to say hello before or after the game.

p.s. the backside tackle does a horrible job trying to cut #57 after the pulling guard leaves AND i would wager the center didn't help any if at all (only watched backside). #57 made a SMART football play and put his stamp on it. Not dirty.

Its been three years since I botherd to look at these message boards. Now, I know why. Lack of knowledge of rules and certainly lack of class. It is still apparent that no one has studied the rules but only go on hear say. Come join us and find out what you are missing when you discuss things. I bet you still think there is such a thing as a tackle box when a QB throughs away a ball. Sorry, not in HS.

Football is a rough & tough sport. If you want it watered down go play flag football or powder puff. The hit was within the rules of play. You put a 130-140lb kid on the field with a bunch of 200+lbers, you are taking a risk of someone getting hurt. Don't blame #57 for doing his job.

Its been three years since I botherd to look at these message boards. Now, I know why. Lack of knowledge of rules and certainly lack of class. It is still apparent that no one has studied the

rules but only go on hear say. Come join us and find out what you are missing when you discuss things. I bet you still think there is such a thing as a tackle box when a QB throughs away a

ball. Sorry, not in HS.

Move on!!!!!

I bet you still think there is such a thing as a tackle box when a QB throughs away a ball. Sorry, not in HS.

The red squiggly lines means something is wrong.

To find out what, simply right click and request a spell check.

You will be amazed how much smarter you will appear.

Untitled.png

As for the call/no call- three officials were on the spot to have made a call if there was indeed a foul.

The Referee, Umpire and Line Judge were all right there and were evidently in agreement or one of them would have thrown a flag.

I guess Freshmen should have a yellow stripe on the helmets like they do on the bumpers in NASCAR to indicate caution should be used in tackling this player.