Westmoreland vs Gordonsville

Mr. Postman1

Not much talk about the game so far. Another thought to throw out is injuries. Will Gordonsville be very interested to win at all cost. They are possibly making a State Championship run this season. Will coach Marshall take a chance at injuring some of his players to beat a non district weak 3A school such as Westmoreland. It would be bad to injure a key player in a meaningless game this late in the season. Westmoreland has more depth this year than they have had in the past. Alot of the players play one way this year and are not iron man football across the field. Maybe Westmoreland can keep the game close.

Keep the game close? I doubt it!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for Gordonsville to come out ready to play, they may even be a little more motivated since it will most likely be the last good competition they play.

Does Westy still have the Galyon kid. I think he was a transfer from Gallatin and he was a sophomore two years ago.

No. He quit before the season started this year. We have another Gallatin transfer who is a junior named Patrick French and another from Portland named D.J. Smith. Westmoreland is a much different team than Gordonsville faced last season this time a year ago. Gordonsville looked good last year when I saw them play Westmoreland dont get me wrong. Thing is though, we had pretty much lost what little fire we started out with after losing so many close games due to mistakes. We are playing with a confidence not seen in a while up here. We've always got the players to match up with teams like Gordonsville and SC and play a close ballgame but it comes down to mindset. Which refers to mistakes and things of that nature. Gordonsville seems to suffer from this every year around the Smith County game. I'm sure Gordonsville is going in thinking blowout early on to a weak team. That is the mindset I hope they have. We've done a good job to this point cleaning up our mistakes I just hope it keeps up.

This game may be closer than some expect, but I think Gville will be in control the whole game.

I may not make it to the game as our church will be preparing for a yard give-away that's taking place the next day, but I do hope to be there to at least see the second half.

And, I'm anxious to see if westy has regained some of there luster that has been lost the last couple of seasons.

This game may be closer than some expect, but I think Gville will be in control the whole game.

I may not make it to the game as our church will be preparing for a yard give-away that's taking place the next day, but I do hope to be there to at least see the second half.

And, I'm anxious to see if westy has regained some of there luster that has been lost the last couple of seasons.

It will be over by the third quarter if not before. Croz, what happened to MO$$? I hate that for his family. His son was a good player for you guys and he was a good man himself.