Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

Too funny BigSwan. Tell junior to go for the tuba. Genetically he should have plenty of air! roflolk.gif

Wussies. Get off the football board. Poor little Johnny. Them mean ol coaches are hollaring and making him actually work for what he gets. Holy crap. I can see why the big city kids are soft and weak. But country folks from Lewis County? This dam country is sinking faster than I thought.

You don't need a football coach. You need a drama coach! thumb[1].gif

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny BigSwan. Tell junior to go for the tuba. Genetically he should have plenty of air! roflolk.gif

Wussies. Get off the football board. Poor little Johnny. Them mean ol coaches are hollaring and making him actually work for what he gets. Holy crap. I can see why the big city kids are soft and weak. But country folks from Lewis County? This dam country is sinking faster than I thought.

You don't need a football coach. You need a drama coach! thumb[1].gif

thumb[1].gif

Great Post!!

Sharp is an excellent coach, as well as Patterson over there, I've seen situations like this many times, where kids use the coaching staff as an excuse not to play because they cant handle it. Actually, a few did that while Patterson was here, which in turn made us lose a great coach. Because here in HC if the politics do not like you...well your SOL. heck, even some kids did not like Swenson, who took us farther than our program has ever been. Yeah sounds like East Hickman to me. Blame the coach for losing a game or two. Which in turn brings the whole program down....which turns into many losses.

Dam.n. You done touched a nerve here.

I'll tell you what I respect about Lewis county. We travel over there early for the game. Everyone, including the staffs, in the restaurants, service stations, and on the street have on Lewis shirts. You can see their pride in their school and community. A small blue collar hard working town whose people have grit. They are what this country is founded on. Pride and commitment for a common cause. They know how to WORK HARD for the things they have. They don't want a darn handout for something they didn't work for.

So let me get this straight. You are unhappy because the coaches work the 5hit out the boys and make them practice too long. So you would rather have them sitting in front of a TV playing games or just chilling? Every one who does that will become dependent on someone or something for survival in life. Remember the kids who were tattle tails, lazy, quitters, and sissy's? Most of them are your politicians now. Hows that working out for ya?

I'll bet there are one or two things that describe you. You either never played the game or you're sure as heck are not from Lewis County. Now go to a back inside window of you house. Stand straight facing the window. Loosen your belt. With both hands pull your britches out and look down. Notice what missing? Both are gone. Find them or go to another board...thumb[1].gif

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

bulldog3509 must be Patterson's mother, because she is constantly talking about how great a coach he is. It is funny that he is fired and Hickman Co. is headed to back to back postseason appearances. You are doing the same thing you are blaming current Lewis Co. players and parents of doing--pointing the finger at someone else.

The downfall of Lewis Co.'s program started 4 years ago when the reclassification began. Lewis was forced to play a much tougher schedule than they have previously done under Sharp. As a result more L's and less W's.

bulldog3509 must be Patterson's mother, because she is constantly talking about how great a coach he is. It is funny that he is fired and Hickman Co. is headed to back to back postseason appearances. You are doing the same thing you are blaming current Lewis Co. players and parents of doing--pointing the finger at someone else.

The downfall of Lewis Co.'s program started 4 years ago when the reclassification began. Lewis was forced to play a much tougher schedule than they have previously done under Sharp. As a result more L's and less W's.

Actually Lewis has always played Giles, Marshall and Page and Spring Hill and went toe to toe, under Coach Sharp. Hate to burst you bubble of infinite knowledge.

LC 29 - 24 4 years plus this year

MC 25 - 27 4 years plus this year

That's Marshall County's reason!!

..or you could ignore my previous post, stating that we have always played and went toe-to toe with these teams. You too are missing the connection.. When we swapped districts is when all of the doubting and bad mouthing began..