Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

Clairvoyant? Nah it's pretty easy For everyone too see that Science Hill lurks in the shadows of a smaller school. Hope you didn't spend to much time looking that word up. I never questioned a decision made by a young man to better himself. I don't blame him I'd be out of there to. What I said was Science Hill will never be anything more than a stepping stone to something better, meaning that they will never be good enough. Look at your basketball boys, took the first flight out of there. Looks like along with being soft as butter y'all can't keep your hands out of it cause players just keep slipping away.

Man, can we say jealous envy?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've caught me, guilty as charged! You seriously expect someone to be jealous of a school with 3,000 students and a $90,000 a year coach and still can't beat DB? Get real! Like how you've commented on everything I've said. Looks like I've struck a nerve.

Really, we're making up numbers now??? Let's say Coach Carter was getting the maximum salary for a Johnson City School teacher; $81, 681 (30 years experience with Ed.D). That would mean that he was getting around a $10,000 stipend for football. That's just silly. His base salary is more likely around $46000-$50000. That would be a $40000 stipend for football. Do you really expect anyone to believe that???

You can do better than that, surely...

Really, we're making up numbers now??? Let's say Coach Carter was getting the maximum salary for a Johnson City School teacher; $81, 681 (30 years experience with Ed.D). That would mean that he was getting around a $10,000 stipend for football. That's just silly. His base salary is more likely around $46000-$50000. That would be a $40000 stipend for football. Do you really expect anyone to believe that???

You can do better than that, surely...

Thats the number the press released when he was hired.

The JC Press archive search only goes back to January 2011, well after he was hired. I don't recall seeing his salary published at that time. I think I would remember something of that nature, especially since I have 3 family members that work at SH (athletic spending is always a topic of discussion).

I'll just have to take your word for it (which I'm not inclined to do) unless someone else can verify it. In that event, I'd gladly recant my last.

Edited by voltnh

Let me guess, you're a Boone grad. I wonder why I think that. Maybe it's because you talk so bad about science hill when it's obviously a better school, and right now, a better football team. Something bout county boys, narrow minded and stubborn. But you keep thinking your rough and tough little football squad will actually do something. Once again... This is the team that only beat VOLUNTEER, by 8 points. Get real. Maybe next year. I bet 90% of Boones starters wouldn't even get to play at Science Hill.

Let me guess, you're a Boone grad. I wonder why I think that. Maybe it's because you talk so bad about science hill when it's obviously a better school, and right now, a better football team. Something bout county boys, narrow minded and stubborn. But you keep thinking your rough and tough little football squad will actually do something. Once again... This is the team that only beat VOLUNTEER, by 8 points. Get real. Maybe next year. I bet 90% of Boones starters wouldn't even get to play at Science Hill.

A Boone grad? No way not me! I've been trying for so long to hide it and here you are telling the whole world that I graduated from Boone. What gave me away? Let me guess, you figured out that the trailblazer in my name had to mean something and it led you straight to the thought that I was a Boone grad. I should have tried to hide my identity a little better. Nothing gets past you slick. Over the last three seasons my rough and tough little football squad has beat your city boys two out of three times. As for beating volunteer by 8 that seems to be your only foot to stand on so I'll take a shot at knocking you on over. Boone beat volunteer by 8 and beat Tennessee High by 30. According to your crutch that Boone is not good because they beat volunteer by 8 it translates to you are saying that volunteer is better than Tennessee High. Not thinking so. Boone beat volunteer by 8 early in the season. A good football team grows over the course of the season and what Boone did to Tennessee High shows how much they have grown. DB will put SH on their tail right before the playoffs and yall will still be whining about it when you lose in the first round of the playoffs. There's one thing that Boone has over you, we may not have the athletes to compete with DB and it showed when we played them but it doesn't matter because the whole reason you play the season is to have a shot at a state title and we don't have to play them to do that.....but you do! In that sense SH might as well not even have a football team. The past 4 seasons Boone has had trouble making it past knoxville in the playoffs but thats something that yall dont have worry about because you can't even make it out of the tri-cities. Oh wait nevermind yall have a hard enough time even making the playoffs....

To be truthful I dont belive boone even has a chance in this game. They have two threats that would Gaitor and Sanders to science hill's which have to many to name. like hayes adams mcgue webster scott should I continue? I think science hill will put them in the coffin along with all the other teams so far.

A Boone grad? No way not me! I've been trying for so long to hide it and here you are telling the whole world that I graduated from Boone. What gave me away? Let me guess, you figured out that the trailblazer in my name had to mean something and it led you straight to the thought that I was a Boone grad. I should have tried to hide my identity a little better. Nothing gets past you slick. Over the last three seasons my rough and tough little football squad has beat your city boys two out of three times. As for beating volunteer by 8 that seems to be your only foot to stand on so I'll take a shot at knocking you on over. Boone beat volunteer by 8 and beat Tennessee High by 30. According to your crutch that Boone is not good because they beat volunteer by 8 it translates to you are saying that volunteer is better than Tennessee High. Not thinking so. Boone beat volunteer by 8 early in the season. A good football team grows over the course of the season and what Boone did to Tennessee High shows how much they have grown. DB will put SH on their tail right before the playoffs and yall will still be whining about it when you lose in the first round of the playoffs. There's one thing that Boone has over you, we may not have the athletes to compete with DB and it showed when we played them but it doesn't matter because the whole reason you play the season is to have a shot at a state title and we don't have to play them to do that.....but you do! In that sense SH might as well not even have a football team. The past 4 seasons Boone has had trouble making it past knoxville in the playoffs but thats something that yall dont have worry about because you can't even make it out of the tri-cities. Oh wait nevermind yall have a hard enough time even making the playoffs....

You got to be out of your cotton picking mind if you think Boone could keep up with the toppers. I'd like to see Boone compete with Mo west or Greeneville.. The toppers will score at will.. Everybody talks about Science Hill not beating the real DB but nobody else has competed with them year in and year out.. This argument is jealousy at its finest..

You got to be out of your cotton picking mind if you think Boone could keep up with the toppers. I'd like to see Boone compete with Mo west or Greeneville.. The toppers will score at will.. Everybody talks about Science Hill not beating the real DB but nobody else has competed with them year in and year out.. This argument is jealousy at its finest..

Pitty the fool. TWO OF THE LAST THREE! Last time we played you before that was 2004 and that's irrelevant but if you include it then the stats show that Boone and SH split the series with Jenkins as coach. I'd call that competing.

That's kind of the point of football isn't it? I mean everytime I stepped out on the field the coach said go out there and hit somebody. Never once did I hear go out there and see how quickly you can run through a pile of players. Speed has no effect on the game if you can't break the perimeter or muscle your way through the line. Science Hill can have all the speed in the world but if the running game is contained speed doesn't matter. They can have the fastest recievers in the world but if they are put on their butt coming off the line then speed doesn't matter. Ya'll keep your speed and I will keep my toughness cause football is not a boys game its a mans game. I'd say if I've got it figure right all you all will be able to talk about come friday night is how hard nosed and physical my team is. Hope your track stars show up to do hitting drills.popcorneater.gif

Are you dumb? SH is just as physical as you say your boys are. If they were not how would they be able to beat some of the best teams around here so far? They will out run any player on that field that night and you better like seeing SH light up the score board with their "speed" that has helped them in everygame.