Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickness maybe...short legs. Speed isn't close. Foreman is the fastest football player in the state of Tennessee. McGlue is definitely a big time playmaker in the mold of those two. So I can see why Topper fans want to reach with their comparisons. I saw a 5'7' 130 lb. Rebel pull the ball away from him for a touchdown however. That would not happen with Swafford or Foreman.

Maybe the SH folks have not seen them play but what I saw them do to a pretty good Boone defense was amazing. It takes so much more than speed and quickness to get to the level they are at. It is really fun to watch as long as it is not your team getting hammered.

Quickness maybe...short legs. Speed isn't close. Foreman is the fastest football player in the state of Tennessee. McGlue is definitely a big time playmaker in the mold of those two. So I can see why Topper fans want to reach with their comparisons. I saw a 5'7' 130 lb. Rebel pull the ball away from him for a touchdown however. That would not happen with Swafford or Foreman.

Heard about that play. Also heard that the replacement refs from the Green Bay/Seattle game were in town ;)

He is not as good as they are. They are better football players right now then he is. There seniors and are stronger than he is. They play in a system that allows them to touch the ball alot more than he does, thereby creating more of an impact on the game. They have been coached better than he has. For you guys to compare anything you have to the d-b program is quite laughable. At least we have beat them in the last 5 years, what has it been for you guys 20 or 25 years? Is that complex enough for you?

I think you're still upset on how he totally dominated Boone last year. And I don't know about the track thing, I thought we were just going to do hitting drills, because all you seem to talk about is how hard nosed and physical your team is.

I think you're still upset on how he totally dominated Boone last year. And I don't know about the track thing, I thought we were just going to do hitting drills, because all you seem to talk about is how hard nosed and physical your team is.

That's kind of the point of football isn't it? I mean everytime I stepped out on the field the coach said go out there and hit somebody. Never once did I hear go out there and see how quickly you can run through a pile of players. Speed has no effect on the game if you can't break the perimeter or muscle your way through the line. Science Hill can have all the speed in the world but if the running game is contained speed doesn't matter. They can have the fastest recievers in the world but if they are put on their butt coming off the line then speed doesn't matter. Ya'll keep your speed and I will keep my toughness cause football is not a boys game its a mans game. I'd say if I've got it figure right all you all will be able to talk about come friday night is how hard nosed and physical my team is. Hope your track stars show up to do hitting drills.popcorneater.gif

That's kind of the point of football isn't it? I mean everytime I stepped out on the field the coach said go out there and hit somebody. Never once did I hear go out there and see how quickly you can run through a pile of players. Speed has no effect on the game if you can't break the perimeter or muscle your way through the line. Science Hill can have all the speed in the world but if the running game is contained speed doesn't matter. They can have the fastest recievers in the world but if they are put on their butt coming off the line then speed doesn't matter. Ya'll keep your speed and I will keep my toughness cause football is not a boys game its a mans game. I'd say if I've got it figure right all you all will be able to talk about come friday night is how hard nosed and physical my team is. Hope your track stars show up to do hitting drills.popcorneater.gif

Yeah,uh huh,you know what it is, everything they do, they do it big,soft as butter, soft as butter, maroon and yellow, soft as butter. Sorry , I just can't get that soft as butter out of my head. Definitely one the all-time best football similes to hit Coach T. Boonies keep it rockin. icon_cool.gif

I can't figure out where anybody gets the ideal that Boone is a tough hard hitting team. I didn't see any big hits in the DB game. Not from Boone anyway. I dought that Science Hill is soft either. The Toppers will run right past any "attempted hard hits" It will be a blow out by halftime. Sorry db, your out of your league in this one.

I can't figure out where anybody gets the ideal that Boone is a tough hard hitting team. I didn't see any big hits in the DB game. Not from Boone anyway. I dought that Science Hill is soft either. The Toppers will run right past any "attempted hard hits" It will be a blow out by halftime. Sorry db, your out of your league in this one.

can't hit what you can't catch...I think the Boonies are saying they can catch the Toppers unlike Malik and DeVaun

I could probably almost guarantee we will hit just as hard as Boone, and we are just as strong as Boone. Except we have the speed also. Oh and I never once heard a coach say all I care about is my team being hard nosed and physical. Yeah that's about 25% of football, but not enough to get you wins everytime. And I'm sorry, is this the team that only beat VOLUNTEER by like ..8? I guarantee your little team couldn't compete with Mo West or even the Greenedevils. And I'm going to go ahead and guess we're going to talk about the past years.. And how we can't beat DB... Or how we're Soft.. Keep it going. Never gets old

I could probably almost guarantee we will hit just as hard as Boone, and we are just as strong as Boone. Except we have the speed also. Oh and I never once heard a coach say all I care about is my team being hard nosed and physical. Yeah that's about 25% of football, but not enough to get you wins everytime. And I'm sorry, is this the team that only beat VOLUNTEER by like ..8? I guarantee your little team couldn't compete with Mo West or even the Greenedevils. And I'm going to go ahead and guess we're going to talk about the past years.. And how we can't beat DB... Or how we're Soft.. Keep it going. Never gets old

Well I've never one time mentioned that science hill was soft as butter, brought up the fact that you can't beat DB, or even mentioned that you hired a coach that also can't beat DB. I can see that you all are all excited because you think that this is the year that you finally beat DB but deep down inside you know that you will always be no better than 2nd best in the tri-cities. You lack fan support and can't even fill up your side of the stadium steve spurrier built for ya. The jc press is in love with you though, kudos on that achievement. Maybe y'all would be a little better if you could convince your players to stick around. Face it, science hill will never be anymore than a stepping stone to a better school. Ive never heard of anyone leaving DB to go to a private school.