Lake County vs Union City

lakecountyfalconfan

Im ashamed of myself for not believing and I applogise to the team and to the faithful. If I can say anything it will be this.....Our team grew up and turned into what I'VE BELIEVED THEY COULD BE. Heart is the building point for all the talent. These guys who were out for injuries or for other reasons need to take a serious look at what happened last night. I'll take a team with heart in a close win and a struggle than a team of individuals any day. Let's take this time to heal up and continue with this great lesson we have learned including myself. We are only as strong as the weakest link.Heart is 90% of the battle. My sincere thanks to the young men who took th helm as leaders and stood up to adversity and said "Not on my watch". With this type of attitude and work ethic we can return to what everyone thought we were gonna be. Congrats boys. We can go as far as we want to.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats again to Uc.Man it was raining and cold.Seems like the weather went from 70 degrees to in the forties within and hour.and the wind was blowing.Lake Co could never get Flowers or Coleman involved in the passing game.Relied on Devon Jones.UC hurt Lc on a short pass over the middle twice where Lc seems to be hurting in the secondary as far as playing the ball and not having the speed to catch up with fast receivers.UC receiver was pulling away and Flowers came over from his side of the field and was making ground but too far away to catch up.Same thing happened in the Trenton game on a couple big plays.But again,the big play was the running back dropping the ball in he backfield and picked it up toward the sideline and everybody on the Lc side thought it was an incomplete pass.The officials seemed confused at the time and when UC picked the ball up and went down the sideline,LC was in catchup mode and lucky to make the tacckle at the 7 yard line.That one play turned the game around and lrt UC tie the game.

Congrats again to Uc.Man it was raining and cold.Seems like the weather went from 70 degrees to in the forties within and hour.and the wind was blowing.Lake Co could never get Flowers or Coleman involved in the passing game.Relied on Devon Jones.UC hurt Lc on a short pass over the middle twice where Lc seems to be hurting in the secondary as far as playing the ball and not having the speed to catch up with fast receivers.UC receiver was pulling away and Flowers came over from his side of the field and was making ground but too far away to catch up.Same thing happened in the Trenton game on a couple big plays.But again,the big play was the running back dropping the ball in he backfield and picked it up toward the sideline and everybody on the Lc side thought it was an incomplete pass.The officials seemed confused at the time and when UC picked the ball up and went down the sideline,LC was in catchup mode and lucky to make the tacckle at the 7 yard line.That one play turned the game around and lrt UC tie the game.

Well Bigster they talked about that play alot on the radio and it seems that our guy just didnt stop. There was no whistle and becasue of that he made a huge play. Sounds like some Flacons just made an assumption and didnt play till the whistle blew. Whether or not the offical made the right call or not doesnt change the fact that you dont stop until its time to stop. To me.......thats what made the differance here. Watch the fighters in the UFC. They may know that they have a guy knocked out but they keep on pounding that dude util the referee comes and and stops them. Gotta coach that stuff.

Union City after all they have been through since the Dresden Game with injuries and a couple of kids who left the team, could have folded up the tent and headed home. Nope...not these kids. They beat a Lake County Team that had skilled players at many positions. Union City had most of their starting line, a injured senior Q B ( #17 ) and a host of young kids...all fresh in the back field. We passed the ball well in the rain and wind also. Great going...better days ahead for sure....should win out now. Good luck.

Well Bigster they talked about that play alot on the radio and it seems that our guy just didnt stop. There was no whistle and becasue of that he made a huge play. Sounds like some Flacons just made an assumption and didnt play till the whistle blew. Whether or not the offical made the right call or not doesnt change the fact that you dont stop until its time to stop. To me.......thats what made the differance here. Watch the fighters in the UFC. They may know that they have a guy knocked out but they keep on pounding that dude util the referee comes and and stops them. Gotta coach that stuff.

You're right.Dont stop until you hear the whistle.But I noticed the UC player kinda looked to be trotting for just a second,waiting on a whisle and then sped up.I'd like to see the tape on that play.I'm sure LC officials have.I know it was behind the line of scrimmage.But did the quarterback throw it behind him?In that case would have been a lateral and a fumble and live ball.I thought the back from coming out of the backfield but hadnt got to the line of scrimmage but still thought the ball was thrown out in front.What did the announcers say about the play?Doesnt matter now but that was a huge call.But have to give credit for being shorthanded and playing well for the conditions..

Edited by mrbigster

Union City after all they have been through since the Dresden Game with injuries and a couple of kids who left the team, could have folded up the tent and headed home. Nope...not these kids. They beat a Lake County Team that had skilled players at many positions. Union City had most of their starting line, a injured senior Q B ( #17 ) and a host of young kids...all fresh in the back field. We passed the ball well in the rain and wind also. Great going...better days ahead for sure....should win out now. Good luck.

UC grad//Swo/Chipper/Atlas ...who besides Strickland has quit the team...keep hearing that there is more than one(Strickland) but don't know who the other(s) are

I Think We Are Done In Here...Move On.

Hey Butchie, you're still posting on Mckenzie's season thread and ya'll are done. Time to move on yourself hoser and get on the UC and Huntingdon band wagon. I don't even think you and duckman talk football anymore, sounds like all you do is swap recipes. lol. Edited by Atlas

Hey Butchie, you're still posting on Mckenzie's season thread and ya'll are done. Time to move on yourself hoser and get on the UC and Huntingdon band wagon. I don't even think you and duckman talk football anymore, sounds like all you do is swap recipes. lol.

I was gonna say something like that. Thanks Atlas.