Cloudland travels to Kings Academy

91LANDERS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings Academy played 8 man football vs. Tn School of the Deaf in the Knox Co. Jamboree. That should tell you the level of competition you have scheduled. Schedule up a classification, make your team stronger and travel less. This makes no sense for you guys to play a home/home with KA. I understand you guys were down last year, but Cloudland has been a storied program for years. Get rid of the cream puffs, play up in your non district games. It has toughened up our program, it will do the same for yours.

It sure did make your program better, but so did all of the available resources that your program has. you guys built a playoff contending program in four years. that doesn't happen very often with a new school.

Kings Academy played 8 man football vs. Tn School of the Deaf in the Knox Co. Jamboree. That should tell you the level of competition you have scheduled. Schedule up a classification, make your team stronger and travel less. This makes no sense for you guys to play a home/home with KA. I understand you guys were down last year, but Cloudland has been a storied program for years. Get rid of the cream puffs, play up in your non district games. It has toughened up our program, it will do the same for yours.

I understand what your saying,but we have played KA off and on for as long as i can remember.We played them when they were Harrison Chilhowee.I agree i would like to see them play tougher teams,but a lot of the teams around here don't want to schedle them for some reason or other.You can't get rid of the creampuffs when you yourself is in a rebuilding mode,and when some of the teams are in your conference.We have played two teams ranked in the top ten this year (got spanked in both).Hopefully we will get back to where we were a few years back.

I understand what your saying,but we have played KA off and on for as long as i can remember.We played them when they were Harrison Chilhowee.I agree i would like to see them play tougher teams,but a lot of the teams around here don't want to schedle them for some reason or other.You can't get rid of the creampuffs when you yourself is in a rebuilding mode,and when some of the teams are in your conference.We have played two teams ranked in the top ten this year (got spanked in both).Hopefully we will get back to where we were a few years back.

Coalfield and Greenback would beat our best 3A teams to death around here. I think it should be mandatory that all the county schools play each other. We need to get HV back on the schedule and we need to keep playing Avery Co. A rivalry is a rivalry whether its lopsided, one sided or whatever. My idea of the schedule is the way it used to be with us either scheduling Johnson, Unicoi, or South Greene as non conference games and have Avery and HV back on the schedule. And every now and then when you know you going to be fielding a powerful team, you can put Cherokee or Sullivan North on the schedule.

With the new classifacation #s ,i look for this region to change a little. I think Hancock and maybe even Cosby could end up in another region. I look for Cloudland to lose 4 current teams on this years schedule. They may be playing Avery, JC, Unicoi,SG and HV. All the games would bring good gates and you would have a competitive game nearly every week.

Coalfield and Greenback would beat our best 3A teams to death around here. I think it should be mandatory that all the county schools play each other. We need to get HV back on the schedule and we need to keep playing Avery Co. A rivalry is a rivalry whether its lopsided, one sided or whatever. My idea of the schedule is the way it used to be with us either scheduling Johnson, Unicoi, or South Greene as non conference games and have Avery and HV back on the schedule. And every now and then when you know you going to be fielding a powerful team, you can put Cherokee or Sullivan North on the schedule.

I do alot of checking and Elizabethton and SN would both be favored against Greenback or Coalfield. Just because a team beats you bad don't mean they can kill everyone.

I do alot of checking and Elizabethton and SN would both be favored against Greenback or Coalfield. Just because a team beats you bad don't mean they can kill everyone.

I'd be willing to bet 2000 dollars that Sullivan North would not beat Greenback. They had to hold on in the 4th quarter to beat a big and slow Johnson County team.

it sounds like you guys are really liking your new football coach and the results he is bringing you guys. I think cloudland has just been smoldering and ready to work its way back to the top of 1A football. I have two nephews playing for topper football ball and they tell me there are some big boys on the mountain. Does the coach seem happy and do you think he will stay around for a long while?

it sounds like you guys are really liking your new football coach and the results he is bringing you guys. I think cloudland has just been smoldering and ready to work its way back to the top of 1A football. I have two nephews playing for topper football ball and they tell me there are some big boys on the mountain. Does the coach seem happy and do you think he will stay around for a long while?

I think most of us like him. I haven't heard anything negative from anyone personally. One thing for sure is he has made a difference in our line play. Last year we were hard pressed to find a first down much less the end zone. Now we are firing off the ball and clogging up holes. Teams are pretty hard pressed to run up the gut on us this year. This team has a lot of spirit and desire to play hard. Its a team that doesn't get too high or too low. They responded really well after both losses this year. Its hard to say if he is a long term coach or just here to build a resume. I know this is the biggest turnaround I've seen the program have after a losing season. The Landers are better than many give them credit for. I know I'm proud of em.