Chattanooga Reclassification Rumors

ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont "knock the west" for no competitive teams in AA soccer - we have had a true separation between public and private (which you do not). Hence the public sector teams in the "lowly west" are playing with other public teams that are competitive on their level.

BAM.... Get u some of that

this is way too easy.....notable winners in the first round playoff games in A-AA girls soccer:

CAK 7 - 0

Notre Dame 6-1

CPA 4-0

Chatt. Christian 6-0

Sacred Heart 4-2 (dont know this school - just assumed they were private...)

Combined margin 27-3

..... dontz Booger no ya pweechin da truth bout daticon_mrgreen.gif ........this is way too easy.....other notable winners YOU FORGOT in the first round playoff games in A-AA girls soccer:

Elizabethton 6-0

Gatlinburg-Pittman 5-2

Greenville 4-0

East Hamilton over Grace 3-0 (Booger noes dis scool and Booger NOES dat Grace be PRIVAT)

McMinn Central 4-2

Fred J Page 5-1

......Can sumwon do da rithmatick for Booger and givem da Combine margerin?unsure.png Its gotta b dang nere da same

........dat sumernmemfis boy is tryin 2 make point

Booger Out!icon_twisted.gif

..... dontz Booger no ya pweechin da truth bout daticon_mrgreen.gif ........this is way too easy.....other notable winners YOU FORGOT in the first round playoff games in A-AA girls soccer:

Elizabethton 6-0

Gatlinburg-Pittman 5-2

Greenville 4-0

East Hamilton over Grace 3-0 (Booger noes dis scool and Booger NOES dat Grace be PRIVAT)

McMinn Central 4-2

Fred J Page 5-1

......Can sumwon do da rithmatick for Booger and givem da Combine margerin?unsure.png Its gotta b dang nere da same

27-5

Elizabethton 6-0

Gatlinburg-Pittman 5-2

Greenville 4-0

McMinn Central 4-2

Fred J Page 5-1

27-5

Thanks CC.........

.................27-3 to 27-5........Next?roflol.gif

GO IRISH!

Great comments guys!! While i had not overlooked those scores on purpose you certainly made me think. i almost hit the send button on an apology note but instead want to send a thank you note for making my comments more valid. So THANK YOU!! since i am dealing with two highly educated individuals i am sure you can follow along.....

I was responding to Mr. CC's comment which was this: "I like this idea except we will have yet another district out west with no competitive soccer teams". it is interesting when you breakdown the first round games and see which section (East (including knoxville), Chattanooga, Nashville and west (including Jackson))was actually the most competitive (least lopsided).

Regions 1& 2 (East & knoxville) was the most lopsided. Their four games had a net goal differential of 20 including 3 of the games Mr. Booger mentioned - Greenville, elizabethton and Gatlinburg. For the record, I grew up in the tri cities playing soccer for two italian immigrants at the boy's clubs in the 70's. I also went to public school there thru high school. Two quick obervations from a "native" - there are "pockets" of decent soccer in east Tennessee (Greenville and Elizabethton vs Cosby and Chuckey Doak) and second, there are no private schools except a couple in knoxville. Soccer has always been lopsided due to limited exposure in some areas. With the exception of CAK, Private vs public is not a factor in east Tennessee.

Regions 3&4 - Chattanooga - net score of their first round games was 16. note that none of the private schools switched 4 years ago and lopsided scores persist in the region. ND beat Smith county 6-1. can you believe smith county's record was 17-3-1 prior to that match? maybe ND just had a great game - or maybe smith county simply didnt draw Chuckey Doak or cosby.

Region 5&6 - Nashville - net goal differential for their first round games was 13. interestingly enough, USN and St. Cecilia went to the private side 4 years ago. had those schools stayed in A-AA, the first rounds scores would have been less competitive.

Region 7&8 - west - net goal differential was 11 for the four games. same story - four years ago, USJ and Jackson Christian went to the private side. if Chester county draws USJ, i bet they lose by more than 2 goals....

SOOOO....let's discuss "Competitive" - which of the four areas games were more competitive and why? Nashville and the west are clearly more comptitive because USJ, Jackson Christian, USN and St cecilia went to DII. As stated above, east is irrelavant since there are (and always have been) so few private schools. Chattanooga remains lopsided because no school went to DII four years ago. Hence the first round results speak for themselves.

Nice wins for everyone last night - congrats to all. what is interesting at this point is that 6 private schools have the chance to win 6 of the 8 final spots in A-AA. Sounds reasonable and "competitive" to me......