Latest TSSAA enrollment figures

crawdad

TSSAA will release the numbers when all schools have submitted them. Out of around 400 members, there are 12 lagards: Bachman Academy, Bowie Reading, Freedom Christian Academy, Hollis F. Price Middle College High School, Jackson Preparatory School, Memphis Business Academy, Memphis School of Excellence, Phoenix Learning Creative Arts, The Phoenix School, Power Center Academy High School, Soulsville Charter, and Zion Christian Academy.

Has anybody heard of any of these schools? Do any have football teams? Maybe the principals could do a head count at lunchtime. They can't be very big schools. What's the problem with these little guys?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA will release the numbers when all schools have submitted them. Out of around 400 members, there are 12 lagards: Bachman Academy, Bowie Reading, Freedom Christian Academy, Hollis F. Price Middle College High School, Jackson Preparatory School, Memphis Business Academy, Memphis School of Excellence, Phoenix Learning Creative Arts, The Phoenix School, Power Center Academy High School, Soulsville Charter, and Zion Christian Academy.

Has anybody heard of any of these schools? Do any have football teams? Maybe the principals could do a head count at lunchtime. They can't be very big schools. What's the problem with these little guys?

bachman is here in Bradley Co., no football team.

crawdad that mighta haid two scedhull a garbige/recroottin' servuss feeled trip like we did on tha Tea Dubble Ess Dubble Aay head cownt day when'st we wuz steal inn 4A........cool.png

Edited by STARSNBARS

Ok me and the Dads were talking about this Friday night, what is the impact of the numbers. Does TSSAA make changes for the next school year, how do they decide who goes where, etc. I know I havent given it any thought till my son became a Freshmen, lol I just dont know how it works. For example, we (Portland) were moved from 3A to 5A, yet we play almost as many 6A schools as 5A. How are the schedules decided, districts etc. Can someone please educate us(me). Thanks for any info.

Ok me and the Dads were talking about this Friday night, what is the impact of the numbers. Does TSSAA make changes for the next school year, how do they decide who goes where, etc. I know I havent given it any thought till my son became a Freshmen, lol I just dont know how it works. For example, we (Portland) were moved from 3A to 5A, yet we play almost as many 6A schools as 5A. How are the schedules decided, districts etc. Can someone please educate us(me). Thanks for any info.

Just a guess on my part, but I believe TSSAA will start at the top and work down around #120 on the list and that breakpoint is arbitrary. That group is AAA. The next roughly 120 will be AA. What's left is A. Each class is subdivided into halves to make the sub-classes for football. Once again those halves are arbitrary so it may not be an exact 50% split depending on the geographical location of the schools for district groupings.

More confused? Unless you change classifications, your current conference/district affiliation should remain the same with the possibility of a team or two added or lost.

TSSAA going release the numbers out to the public tommorrow

My guess, there will be some big surprises. They also need to make clear which schools won't be part of the classifying process for whatever reason, and if they're dividing by total schools or by football schools. I've heard that but it seems unlikely.