Enrollment Numbers are out.

Omniscience

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is close or true, then CAK would be 4A. Interesting if so.

yeah, I think the same thing. Looks like CAK is right on the bubble, + or - about 5 schools either way. If so, all it will do is throw us in a different playoff division, we should still be in District 4, we will still play Alcoa (but only once instead of twice), and I would guess that Grace would be put in our District since they would be moving up from 1A to 2A (3A playoff classification). That will help Alcoa find another game, but it won't help CAK's scheduling at all since we already play Grace.

yeah, I think the same thing. Looks like CAK is right on the bubble, + or - about 5 schools either way. If so, all it will do is throw us in a different playoff division, we should still be in District 4, we will still play Alcoa (but only once instead of twice), and I would guess that Grace would be put in our District since they would be moving up from 1A to 2A (3A playoff classification). That will help Alcoa find another game, but it won't help CAK's scheduling at all since we already play Grace.

I think they will be 4A playoffs. I had the idea the rule about not moving more than one class with the multiplier also meant one playoff class, but that would have prevented Goodpasture (347 in the 2008 count) from playing 3A playoffs, when they could have been 1A playoffs without the multiplier. I'm still not positive about that.

Looks like South will drop to 4a and Elizabethton will move up to 4a so East, South, Eliz and Greeneville will be in 4a in upper East Tennessee. So District 1 should be East, South, Eliz, HV, North, Unicoi, Johnson County. Poor Sullivan Central they missed the cutoff by under 20 students which is a shame because they need to be in 4a.

FB it will not help Alcoa, you are swapping Stone for Grace and will hurt CAK because Stone will not play CAK.

Note: By TSSAA Board of Control Action, no school can be moved up more than one (1) class in any sport due to the multiplier.

Question does this mean Class as in A, AA, AAA and then they could be bumped two subclasses in football. For instance CAK without multiplier is class A subclass 2A with the multiplier they are going to be class AA and should be subclass 4A but would this be considered a 2 class jump leaving them in 3A? I assume the in any sport is a reference to football but who knows with the T$$AA.

Also with Boyd's numbers I look for them to go DII I don't think they will want to compete in AA/3A. They have success in A/2A but will not be able to compete to well in 3A, IMO.

Edited by smeagle1

Note: By TSSAA Board of Control Action, no school can be moved up more than one (1) class in any sport due to the multiplier.

Question does this mean Class as in A, AA, AAA and then they could be bumped two subclasses in football. For instance CAK without multiplier is class A subclass 2A with the multiplier they are going to be class AA and should be subclass 4A but would this be considered a 2 class jump leaving them in 3A? I assume the in any sport is a reference to football but who knows with the T$$AA.

Also with Boyd's numbers I look for them to go DII I don't think they will want to compete in AA/3A. They have success in A/2A but will not be able to compete to well in 3A, IMO.

I think it means regular season class. I looked back and there are several who jumped two playoff classes in the four-year period ending this year.

Boyd would do well in football but in their other sports they might get rolled over. Baseball could do fine in some seasons. If it turns out they would likely be Division II, I'd be on the phone to CCS, Notre Dame, Chattanooga Grace and Silverdale and see they want to join also. They'd be in a group with probably Knoxville Webb and King's Academy in football.

Edited by Indian

FB it will not help Alcoa, you are swapping Stone for Grace and will hurt CAK because Stone will not play CAK.

I hadn't thought about Stone moving up, so this doesn't help scheduling at all for CAK or Alcoa. Oh well, we will just have to fill the schedule with big schools and the D2's I guess. The past few years that would not have been such a pill to swallow, but it is a double whammy for the Warriors knowing how the next few years were going to be lean of talent anyway plus having to move up a classification.