1a and 2a final quad pairings

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you have North Greene still listed in the quads if you dont think they will go? It looks to me like North Greene needs White House Heritage to loose or West Greene to beat Chuckey Doak to increase their 2nd tie breaker back to a 4, or they need Tri Cities Christian to win out so that would also increase their 2nd tie breaker to 4.

Is this the way that you see it as well?

Your exactly right. I updated that in my notes, but not here. I'll change it.

Edited by FreeAgent11

Quad 1

Grace Christian

Hampton

Onieda

Silverdale

Rockwood

North Greene

Are these in a particular order or just a list. If they are listed by seeding, if things play out as expected (which they never do) wouldn't it be Silverdale, GCA, Oneida, Hampton, Rockwood, & NG (with help as pointed out above). Or is this your projection on how you believe things will work out when all is said & done? Just curious.

Slight changes to 2A also. I don't see North Greene getting in, even with a win. Lose second tie breaker. If Oliver Springs wins last two, they are in and knock Jackson County out. Not likely since the Kentucky team they play only loss to Oneida by 3 points. Wartburt Central could win out, but would eventually lose out to Jackson County via the tie breakers. If Forrest were to upset either Cascade or Moore County, obviously they would beat out Jackson County as well. The Mt. Pleasant/Loretto game will change seedings and I'll list both scenarios:

Cascade gets bumped back to quad three if Jackson County get in.

Quad 1

Grace Christian

Hampton

Onieda

Silverdale

Rockwood

North Greene

Quad 2

Boyd Buchanan *

Friendship

Marion County

Trousdale County/Watertown (winner)

Trousdale County/Watertown (loser)

Jackson County

(If Mt Pleasant wins Region 6)

Quad 3

Adamsville *

Mt. Pleasant

Cascade

Houston Co.

Loretto

WHH

(If Collinwood wins Region 6)

Quad 3

Adamsville *

Cascade

Loretto

Houston Co.

Mt. Pleasant

WHH

Quad 4

Dresden

Westwood *

Peabody

Humboldt

Trinity Christian

Booker T. Washington*

Okay, there were mistakes made here that someone pointed out such as me stating North Greene is unlikely to get in, but then forgetting to remove them from my original prediction. Obviously, if they do miss out, then these quads are all messed up. I will say, that Wartburg Central could potentially win out (haven't beaten Oliver Springs since the 2004 season) and take the spot vacated by North Greene. That would make the above bracket stay as is. But, I'm gonna assume history repeats itself and they drop one of their two remaining games which would give Forrest the last spot. Here are the new projections. My apologies:

Quad 1

Boyd Buchanan *

Grace Christian

Onieda

Hampton

Silverdale

Rockwood

Quad 2

Friendship

Cascade (if Cascade wins out, they win tie-breaker over Marion)

Marion County

Trousdale County/Watertown (winner)

Trousdale County/Watertown (loser)

Jackson County

(If Mt Pleasant wins Region 6)

Quad 3

Adamsville *

Mt. Pleasant

Houston Co.

Loretto

WHH

Forrest

(If Collinwood wins Region 6)

Quad 3

Adamsville *

Loretto

Houston Co.

Mt. Pleasant

WHH

Forrest

Quad 4

Dresden

Westwood *

Peabody

Humboldt

Trinity Christian

Booker T. Washington*

Edited by FreeAgent11

Quad 1

Grace Christian

Hampton

Onieda

Silverdale

Rockwood

North Greene

Are these in a particular order or just a list. If they are listed by seeding, if things play out as expected (which they never do) wouldn't it be Silverdale, GCA, Oneida, Hampton, Rockwood, & NG (with help as pointed out above). Or is this your projection on how you believe things will work out when all is said & done? Just curious.

That was how I had them, but I don't think I was correct. I actually don't have North Greene getting in which would move Boyd Buchanan back to Quad 1. Oneida would actually be ahead of Hampton even if Hampton beats Cloudland by way of the fourth tie breaker which is total wins by opponents. Oneida holds a 40-31 lead in that category currently. Here is my current projection for quad one:

Quad 1

Boyd Buchanan

Grace Christian

Onieda

Hampton

Silverdale

Rockwood

Edited by FreeAgent11

I only see minor changes from my predictions from last week. I now have RBS out with their loss to Jackson County and Columbia Academy with the unexpected victory over Cornersville. This will move either Collinwood or Nashville Christian over to quad two. I'm guessing Nashville Christian, but who knows with the T$$AA. I'm projecting Cornersville picking up their 4th win over Richland and Wayne County winning out to move ahead of Cornersville on second tie breaker for seeding. Here is what I know have for final pairings in 1A

Quad 1

Coalfield

Greenback

Cloudland

Copper Basin

Lookout Valley

Midway

Quad 2

Moore County

Gordonsville

South Pittsburg

Nashville Christian

Eagleville

Monterey

Quad 3

Clarksville Academy

Collinwood

Jo Byrns

Columbia Academy

Wayne County

Cornersville

Quad 4

West Carroll

Huntingdon

Union City

Lake County

Gleason

Halls

Gonna bump the 1A pairing forward in case anyone missed them also. If Cloudland beats Hampton, they win District 1 and take over the top seed in Quad one, bumping everyone else down one spot.

Edited by FreeAgent11

Free Agent you need to call the playoff gurus. They need to spread out the top three ranked teams and not put them in the same quadrant. According to te standings only 4 1A teams will win districts. Are they really going to put 3 out of 4 in the same quad. It looks to me like the 3-4 place finishers in SPs will benefit and the champion gets screwed.

That was how I had them, but I don't think I was correct. I actually don't have North Greene getting in which would move Marion County back to Quad 1. Oneida would actually be ahead of Hampton even if Hampton beats Cloudland by way of the fourth tie breaker which is total wins by opponents. Oneida holds a 40-31 lead in that category currently. Here is my current projection for quad one:

Quad 1

Grace Christian

Onieda

Hampton

Silverdale

Marion County

Rockwood

I must be missing something. How can Marion be moved to Quad 1 before Boyd? Based on geography Boyd is further east. Right?

You should hope to move to quad 1. Only three teams in the east should beat Marion. Boyd, Grace and Friendship. Rockwood would also cause you some problems. Other than those you should have smooth sailing.

I don't think we really care where we are. Just not sure how or why it could end up this way. I mean if you look at the current standings on TSSAA website, it says Boyd is in Quad 1 if the playoffs started today.

Gonna bump the 1A pairing forward in case anyone missed them also. If Cloudland beats Hampton, they win District 1 and take over the top seed in Quad one, bumping everyone else down one spot.

From the tssaa website is Greenback not ahead of Coalfield?if Cloudland loses they will be the 1 seed is this not correct?Then Coalfield 2,then Cloudland.?

That was how I had them, but I don't think I was correct. I actually don't have North Greene getting in which would move Marion County back to Quad 1. Oneida would actually be ahead of Hampton even if Hampton beats Cloudland by way of the fourth tie breaker which is total wins by opponents. Oneida holds a 40-31 lead in that category currently. Here is my current projection for quad one:

Quad 1

Grace Christian

Onieda

Hampton

Silverdale

Marion County

Rockwood

Maybe I am wrong and that is possible... However, wouldnt it be Boyd Buchanan, Grace Christian, Onieda, Hampton, Silverdale, Rockwood in that order?

And then if North Greene does get in with help it would be... Grace Christian, Oneida, Hampton, Silverdale, Rockwood, North Greene.

Since Grace Christian and Oneida and Hampton all won their division.. and then Silverdale finished second..