Gerry Bertier's 3A Playoffs After Week 7

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple interesting scenarios:

1. The last two teams out of the 3A playoffs right now are Unicoi County and Pigeon-Forge missing out on the 3rd tie breaker. If either of these two teams make the 3A playoffs, then Alcoa moves from Quad 1 to Quad 2.

2. If East Hickman and Westview both miss the playoffs ,as they are on the bubble, then I think that Fairview goes to Quad 4 (or would Cheatham County be considered the Quad 4 team? I am not sure which one is further west.)

Here are the playoff teams that are bidding for a spot in Quad 1. If these work out then there should be no Knoxville Teams moving to Quad 1.

From 3 Rivers

Elizabethton (6-2) in

Sullivan North (7-1) in

Johnson County 4-3 needs one win out of 3 has Eliz (6-2) Burton, VA (5-1) and HV (2-5)

Unicoi County 3-4 needs 2 wins out of 3 has Sullivan East (0-7), Unaka (1-6) and Sullivan North (7-1)

From others :

Cumberland Gap (5-2) IN

Chucky Doak (5-2) IN

If 2 out of the remaining 3 teams gets to 5 games then Quad 1 is full.

Gatlinburg-Pitt (4-3) Needs 1 out of 3 has Austin East (1-6) Carter (5-3) and Pigeon Forge (3-4)

Pigeon Forge (3-4) Needs 2 out of three has Union County (0-7), Austin East (1-6) and Gatlinburg-Pittman (4-3)

West Greens (3-5) needs 2 to win both remaining Chucky Doak (5-2) and South Green (1-6)

(or would Cheatham County be considered the Quad 4 team? I am not sure which one is further west.)

There has to be a pause to reflect at such a possibility. Wouldn't all those western schools hate to have to travel all the way to ashland city (16 miles from Nashville) to play in a playoff game?

Edited by tshadow

A couple interesting scenarios:

1. The last two teams out of the 3A playoffs right now are Unicoi County and Pigeon-Forge missing out on the 3rd tie breaker. If either of these two teams make the 3A playoffs, then Alcoa moves from Quad 1 to Quad 2.

2. If East Hickman and Westview both miss the playoffs ,as they are on the bubble, then I think that Fairview goes to Quad 4 (or would Cheatham County be considered the Quad 4 team? I am not sure which one is further west.)

It would be Fairview that would go West. East Hickman is not going to make the playoffs so right now Fairview is the team that will either go 3 or 4 based on what Westview does. Westview has to win 2 out of 3 against Crockett Co., Gibson Co., and South Gibson.

Cheatham is not going to go to Quad 4.

Fairview will need to keep an eye on the Westview-Crockett Co. game this week. If the Chargers win they will probably get in the playoffs at 5-5, if they lose they will miss out on the postseason.

JCM will also have a say if the Jackets will play either Camden or Milan. From the looks of things if the Jackets go West, a good team will be done in the first round of the playoffs.