WHY CAN'T I BUY A JOB AS A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH/TEACHER

DevildogCoachP

I have to agree with BigChief. Your responses to WCP do not seem like a person a principal in this day and age would want to hire. That is great you are a decorated veteran and thank you for your service. But you have no right to say you are a better teacher than someone else. You may be a fantastic teacher and leader and I hope you find success but there are no shortcuts to getting hired nowadays. Until you are in a classroom and evaluated properly, you can not make those claims. A principal is going to hire a fully licensed teacher over someone on a transitional license everyone. Get your credentials, get fully certified and then you will be in better shape. In the interim I would suggest first finding a coach that will let you volunteer and then substitute teach at that school. That way the administration can get to know you and see how you are in the classroom. Best of luck in your search but a bit of humbleness goes a long way

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way, nobody just offers you interviews and jobs if they do not know you. Most all P.E. and history jobs are already filled before they are posted. that is just the nature of the beast. I know in our county there are coaches spread out in middle schools, elementaries etc. When a spot opens at the high schools they are usually snatched up by those coaches already on staff. that is why i urge you to volunteer and substitute teach while you are getting your certification

I do this take seriously or I would not be trying so hard. I am sure you are a decent teacher, but not as good as someone like myself. A decorated Marine with a an education degree is tens time better a teacher and role model, but there again you wouldn't know that because you probably never served and are probably too scared to walk in my shoes anyway. You go on and keep pumping yourself up that way when you look yourself in the mirror each morning, you can convince yourself you have made a difference. Pretty sure your school that you work in is not that great a school or you would have it listed on your profile. Again it is people like you that keep TN down at the bottom in education. The state has people like me that want to come in and help clean up the mess people like you have made yet they continue to turn the other way. LMAO at you!

lol'ing at you...dang koolaid drinking hero. Go find a bridge...roflol.gif

I guess Mr big britches doesn't want to tell us how great he is anymore? Let's remember he is ten times the teacher any of us are lol. Seriously devildog, you need to realize that a faculty and coaching staff are a very tight knit group. When you give the impression of arrogance ( oh wait you call it confidence), very few people will want to have you as part of their team. High school staffs spend more time with each other than their own families.

I have seen it for years, someone is going to come in and change the word. Those people do not last long

I guess Mr big britches doesn't want to tell us how great he is anymore? Let's remember he is ten times the teacher any of us are lol. Seriously devildog, you need to realize that a faculty and coaching staff are a very tight knit group. When you give the impression of arrogance ( oh wait you call it confidence), very few people will want to have you as part of their team. High school staffs spend more time with each other than their own families.

I have seen it for years, someone is going to come in and change the word. Those people do not last long

I understand he's talking about himself a lot but when you have a family and your jobless you'll do anything it takes to take care of your family . Trust me I've been there. But it's easy to just call out arrogance when all he's doing is trying to show his credentials and show he really wants a job. You wouldnt understand while your employed. Once you go through those shoes (with a family) not by yourself you'd understand. Layoff. He's trying to get employed to care for his family

I have not been on here in a few days and just read the most recent comments. First let me say to Basil Duke, mancoverage and TCstinger, you three clowns sound like a bunch of winners. Absolutely not a clue between all three of you! As for you MSU, I am sorry you are offended by my comments and confidence in my skills and abilities and the fact that I know the laws regarding teacher licensure and most of the schools in Tennessee do not. I realize you are jealous of a Marine calling you out, you must be one of those teachers that have contributed to Tennessee's disgraceful statistics nationally in education or you would not have said what you did. I am sure there are a lot of football teams, staffs, and schools that would love to have someone of my caliber in their system. It is just a matter of finding where those systems are that value real quality candidates to teach, mentor and coach our youth currently. I excuse your ignorance to the fact of what life is like for military veterans and the fact you probably never served. You talk real big on the internet but I dare you to do it in person. Maybe you should grow some courage and go walk a day in my shoes then you will realize my frustration. I realize how "close" high school staffs are and the hours they put in, I do the same now as a middle school coach and semi-professional coach. I have worked more hours as a Marine than you will in an entire lifetime. I am not concerned about hours or the fact that most staff's are buddy buddy! You can't deny facts and credentials. Sissycoverage, my dare goes out to you too, you sound real cute on the internet talking trash, why don't you come do it in person. TCstinger as a lead guitar and vocals, aren't you on the wrong website? This isn't a band website!

I have not been on here in a few days and just read the most recent comments. First let me say to Basil Duke, mancoverage and TCstinger, you three clowns sound like a bunch of winners. Absolutely not a clue between all three of you! As for you MSU, I am sorry you are offended by my comments and confidence in my skills and abilities and the fact that I know the laws regarding teacher licensure and most of the schools in Tennessee do not. I realize you are jealous of a Marine calling you out, you must be one of those teachers that have contributed to Tennessee's disgraceful statistics nationally in education or you would not have said what you did. I am sure there are a lot of football teams, staffs, and schools that would love to have someone of my caliber in their system. It is just a matter of finding where those systems are that value real quality candidates to teach, mentor and coach our youth currently. I excuse your ignorance to the fact of what life is like for military veterans and the fact you probably never served. You talk real big on the internet but I dare you to do it in person. Maybe you should grow some courage and go walk a day in my shoes then you will realize my frustration. I realize how "close" high school staffs are and the hours they put in, I do the same now as a middle school coach and semi-professional coach. I have worked more hours as a Marine than you will in an entire lifetime. I am not concerned about hours or the fact that most staff's are buddy buddy! You can't deny facts and credentials. Sissycoverage, my dare goes out to you too, you sound real cute on the internet talking trash, why don't you come do it in person. TCstinger as a lead guitar and vocals, aren't you on the wrong website? This isn't a band website!

I have read this entire thread. You started out looking like a guy anyone would want to hire. You are a former marine, you are trying to take care of your family and be close to your little girl, you obviously care about the kids which is great, but.......there is always a but, there is a big difference between confidence and arrogance. I am really confident in my abilities as a teacher and as a coach. I have never been a marine and I thank you for your service. I do not know what it is like to have walked in a marine's shoes. I will not try to pretend that I have even the slightest clue. However, I would think that as a marine you would not find honor in coming down on someone else's level and talk bad about them. Two wrongs do not make a right is what I was always taught. I do know what it is like to be a teacher and coach. As a teacher, I love the kids, I love helping them in any way that I can, I love setting them up for their futures, and I love making a difference. I have ten years of service, a masters degree, have been teacher of the year, and am a National Board candidate. As a head coach on the same level as you are, middle school, in nine years I never had a losing record or even a .500 record. I was 39-9 as a head coach. My teams consistently were prepared to play, fought hard, and were in almost every game. However, even with my credentials, which I feel are confidence worthy, I am not about to get on here and trash someone else who is trying to help. I understand that not everyone is trying, but some have and you have knocked them down. I would not think that a former Marine would do such a thing. I hope you find the answers that you are looking for and I hope you take the time to think about how you may be perceived by others based off of your comments. In teaching and coaching, one must reflect so that he can improve. Good luck sir.

Edited by workinprogress

Ok we get it, nobody knows what it is like to walk in your shoes. your are great and the best teacher candidate possible. I just happen to know that at a few places you have sent your resume to that you have rubbed people the wrong way. that is a fact! You can put these people down and say they are not following the laws and hiring bad teachers who are not as qualified as you. But the fact remains, they are the people doing the hiring.

MSU please explain. I am interested and would like to know who I rubbed the wrong way. You seem to know exactly who I am. I think all of you have taken my comments the wrong way. I am not wanting to trash anyone or come off arrogant but as a Marine we are trained to believe and know we are the best. I am confident in my own skills and have legitimately tried to do things the right way when applying, interviewing, etc and gotten no where. I was coming on here looking for real advice and possible leads, not to be trashed by people who have no idea what I am going through or what my life is like day to day.

Again MSU, I am interested to hear what it is you know about me and the people I rubbed the wrong way when I have applied to different places.

MSU please explain. I am interested and would like to know who I rubbed the wrong way. You seem to know exactly who I am. I think all of you have taken my comments the wrong way. I am not wanting to trash anyone or come off arrogant but as a Marine we are trained to believe and know we are the best. I am confident in my own skills and have legitimately tried to do things the right way when applying, interviewing, etc and gotten no where. I was coming on here looking for real advice and possible leads, not to be trashed by people who have no idea what I am going through or what my life is like day to day.

Again MSU, I am interested to hear what it is you know about me and the people I rubbed the wrong way when I have applied to different places.

A lot of jobs will be coming open soon. It is the last week of the regular season and that means someone is about to step down or be moved to another direction. Apply for all jobs to get your foot in the door somewhere. Look on tssaa.org under the bulletin board section to see which jobs are open. Good luck.