District 14 A

volfan007

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck I'm still shocked over the LC and Humboldt game..crazy

As long as Devon Jones and Zay Coleman stays on the floor for LC they should be in most games.Both those players have to stay on the floor.Devon had 2 fouls in the first quarter against UC and missed just about all the second quarter of the Greenfield game.Some wacky scores so far though.LC gets blown out against Union City and Halls.Humboldt beats Halls by about 40 points and Lake Co beat Humboldt.Greenfield beats Halls handidly and barely squeeked by Lake Co.The Humboldt game didnt surprise me though.Both are pretty good but not as good as past years.Lake Co had played Humboldt about a month ago at Newbern in a jamboree and led most of the way and ended up in a tie.Humboldt will go as Bradford goes and the same for Lake Co with Devon Jones.Those two teams are pretty close.

copenoc, I was shocked as well but I did hear that Halls had some players miss the game due to the flu and at 1 time only had like 3 players on the team that did not have the virus. So that may have played into the game as well but it is a good win for Greenfield. After seeing most all the teams, Humboldt, Trenton, Greenfield and Halls play LC (missed the UC game) I see upsets and surprises being the norm in the district for the year. I believe that UC, from what I hear, is the most complete team in the district depth wise, coaching, athleticism etc. Humboldt is very athletic and long but they will go only as far as #1 Bradford can carry them. The other night against LC once Coach B made a defensive adjustment and took him out of the equation the Vikings struggled offensively to score. LC is young, inexperienced but athletic. They will continue to improve as the year moves on and could be dangerous at tourney time. to me Halls, Greenfield and South Fulton are all about even and could beat anyone on a given night. should make for an exciting 14-A district race.

Wardawg all I can say is Dito man..I agree with everything. U said.its gonna be a very exciting district and region tournament ..union city is very young and well coached but could lose on any giving night by any team in the district but when it comes down to it your chances are very good with sisco in your corner..love him or hate him the Guy is good!.I gotta give him mad props when a sophmore tells him give me the ball and ill win this thang for us on the stripe and Sisco believed in him..the kid was Malik Stockdale! That tells me that there is a lot of good chemistry between him and his young squad..The scary thing is UC is just gonna get better and better starting 3 sophmores a junior and senior..I really believe UC will make a big push to Boro and once u get their anything can happen..Time will tell because its a long way to March!

Edited by copenoc

Bigster I agree with you also..Jones and Zay need to be on the floor for them to have a chance to win.I saw the UC and Greenfield game that LC lost and Jones got in foul trouble in both games..I don't think it would had made a diffrence in the UC game but I believe they woulda beat Greenfield if he woulda played in second quarter because LC was up by 8 when he came out..LC is athletic and quick..I think Barger is searching for having the right squad on the floor at the right time..it will come..and will make LC very dangerous in the end..So just hang in their Bigster!..LC will get better!

Greenfield beat Halls tonight 71-58. A couple of our boys were getting over illness, but they still played good....you could tell they werent 100%....but, a good win tonight over Halls to stay undefeated.

The Jackets have to play at Humboldt next....big game.....

Should be a good game tonight which Humboldt team shows up because if they don't show up they will have three losses in the district! Please post scores after each quarter !!