Band play during action..(Conspiracy Theory)

K1212

I have always thought that the band could not play during actual football game play, is this correct or not? Also what are the specific rules for high school bands during football games?

The band at our school plays during game play and have been doing it for some time now. Sometimes they might play a song through an entire drive. To me this seems unsportsman like and to me it makes us look like a bunch of hicks; however this is only my opinion. I finally said something to the band director, and he stated that they were allowed to play while the offense was on the field (this was after they were playing while the other teams offense was on the field and during their plays). For me this explained nothing as an offense is almost always on the field, and it did not explain playing during football action. I could easily be wrong, but even if I am it still seems wrong to do.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like someone looking for a reason that their team is not doing well.Bands were a big part of the game years ago, the band playing and the crowd getting loud notting gets better than that..If you have a band give money to it.You will always have the edge....

Edited by lancer10

And the beat goes on...

Put a sock in it you band playing hosers..I'm trying to watch a game here!

And the beat goes on...

While at the SP/Marion game,every time that Sherrill man tried to make an announcement,the SP band would drown him out.I wonder if those announcements were important?

And the beat goes on...

Hey Daddy,who's that man down on the track,up against the wall yelling"HIT SOMEBODY ONE TIME"

And the beat goes on...

Hey Daddy,who's that man with all those fudge rounds,red bulls and Murphy Fair book?

And the beat goes on...

Gotta love Friday nite football

Let the coaches coach,Let the players play

Let the fans yell

Let the bands play!!

And the beat goes on...

I wish the band would drown out our announcer. Jeeez! I hate to say it out loud( well not really) but his is the most annoying guy in the stadium. But thats another subject. I love the band playing. I dont like it when that play during action amd our band director is very good at stopping the band when the team comes to the line. However other teams dont respect this and it bothers me. Either way its one of my favorite things about highcholl and college sports. But here is a thought.....bands can play non stop during basketball games. Now I know that football is differant because the offense starts on a snap count and the team has to hear that count or get a false start penalty or just not start at all. So I understand the delima here. I wouldnt want that done to my team and expect the same respect from opposing teams bands as well.

Edited by BigSwo

I Think Ya Shouldn't Cook Popcorn Or Grill Hamburgers...That Dad Gummed Smoke And Smell Distracts Me And I Aint Playing...And Everybody Knows How Much kids At This Age Eat...It's A Conspiracy I tell ya!...Dad Gummed Hamburger Grillin Hosers!...

The only time i have an issue with it is when the game is over and the team meets at field side and the band plays continuosly thru the coaches after game conclusion.Its frustrating for the coach and players cant hear the conversation.Other than that its the home field advantage.