Bearden - Farragut - Anderson County - Hardin Valley Predictions

K2ruth

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to be objective, it is obvious that who the two schools are coming out of Region 1 and 2 are not clear cut surities but all of these long matches are taking a lot out of these teams. They do have to play Thursday. Who in District and Region decided to play these matches on a Monday rather than Tuesday, as many have, made a good choice although they may not have known that was the case. So one of the factors now with the two matches Thursday is who can draw the most fans and support to push their school in to the State. Not a factor?? That one will be for 4 competitive schools with their eye on The Big Dance, The State Tournament and a chance to win the Gold Ball for the State of Tennessee for 2012. You don't think there is a lot at stake??

I have seen Farragut, Hardin Valley and Anderson County in person this year so I am familiar with those 3. I have not seen Bearden. South played AC and HV earlier in the season. Both were close matches and could easliy go either way the next time around. Of course, in the past the home teams have fared well in the sectionals. I know South did not play very well in 2009 or 2010 on the road at Karns but they played fantastic last year at home against Hardin Valley. Farragut also beat DB at home last year in the sectionals whereas DB won at home in 2009 and 2010. It will be interesting to see if that trend holds up again this year.

I just hope both semi's and the final all go 5 and region 2AAA has tired legs on Thursday. Seriously, what doesn't kill you can make you stronger.

Regardless of any club affiliation, agree with K2ruth's analysis and expect to see Bearden or HV at South in sectionals. AC wins it all or nothing.

PS - Farragut beat MW in sectionals last year. DB lost to MW in region 1AAA semi's.

PPS - Winstead scares me more at libero than OH.

Thanks for the History. I have thought matches were a thrill a minute but the last few days, this thread needed a TSSAA official to thow a few yellow cards to get some of the combatants to sit down on the bench. Tonite about 1100 EST the matches will be over and we'll start the speculation again. Nothing is really easy around East Tennessee and the roads are already full with fans getting to the site.

I hadn;t really considered the "homer" theory but it has to be connected to the "home crowd theory". Farragut arena has to have wire fences to separate fans and School Safety People standing at the bottom of the bleachers. Its Region 2 time in and around Faragut and almost a State Championship time there, in itself..

Edited by PHargis

Can't believe I had to miss this one. Just got the phone call that Bearden beat Farragut in 3. I wasn't expecting that at all. Some how the Bearden girls just must have dug deep to achieve this win. I also heard that science hills coach was at the game. She came a long way to see that one. She really wants to win. Congratulations to Bearden and Farragut for representing our region!! Those are 2 fine volleyball teams. Congratulations to HVA and AC for great seasons. I saw both throughout the year and they are great teams too. Still shocked that Bearden swept farragut at home....You never know til you play the game.

Announcements