Milan @ Covington

CHARGERFAN

I agree with the win over milan but prolly gonna be closer than that .. But chargers will pull this one out .. This time tommorow night hopefully chargers will be 9-0

I believe the Chargers are hungry for the win tomorrow night considering the tough loss last year to milan..... so im sure they've had that bad taste in their mouth for a while now. Itll be a crowd there tomorrow night at Covington.... even heard they might have a student section in the endzone like they had last year in the playoffs so itll make it alot louder for the milan offense to hear milans qb powell.

easy augelio , no one called you a turncoat. you and me are much alike , we both have been to our share of dyersburg games , and both think alike in many ways. we both believe that our program was in better hands when Coach Counce was here , and it is taken coach stowe a little time to get the program back to that level on a winning way through strong leadership that Coach Counce use to provide. i hope bart will get us there.

after much thinking and hearing you say , augelio , that you like to go to top notch games. you want to go to the covington / milan game?

i am going to make that trip a little farther south , than ripley , to watch dyersburg. i believe my trojans can handle them. ripley has been pretty bad since coach mcadams left , coach wheeler at covington now , didn't have much success there from the lack of support from the school and he didn't have a good staff to support him on the sidelines. he seems to be doing fine now , since he is back to where he started. i have heard all good things about him in covington now.

i believe the chargers will win this game by a couple of scores. here are the reasons why.

johnston white is a good back that want go down on the first hit , tough and quick. carlos williams will demand attention and do his share when given the chance. the kid that is the qb this year is so much better than the one they had the last few years , the kid in the past fumbled several snaps against dyersburg . the main ingredient i see is that the offensive line is so much better than last year. watching film from last years game against milan the covington line was slow and couldn't get the linebackers blocked. the center for covington was slow and couldn't move , maybe that is why they had so many bad exchanges to the qb. this year the line seems small but plays much bigger and stronger.

i hope covington wins , that would put dyersburg a little higher in the rankings and hopefully give us 3rd round game with the chargers.

Look, it's much better that we be friends and Trojan supporters together. I have seen Covington twice and Milan 3 times, and I believe that Milan will win, based on coaching and physicality. Covington has not impressed me. Arkel Coleman will be the best player on the field, if he is well from his injuries in the Huntingdon game (Milan's best effort this season). Powell will need to have a good night. And, yes, I am going to the Milan-Covington game.

No hard feelings, and I think that Bart, though no James Counce, may well have outcoached every opposing coach he has faced this year. For example, though outmanned badly, we led Covington at the half. We shut out Trenton in the second half, and, in his best job, Crockett County scored on its first possession (and consumed the entire first quarter in doing so), but never scored again.

From the Jackson Sun

Milan (7-1, 4-1) at Covington (8-0, 5-0)

Last year’s score: Milan 28, Covington 26

Players to watch: Milan’s defensive front seven

What to know: This game last year was an instant classic that went down to the wire. This year’s game promises similar results as the No. 2 ranked team in Class 4A hosts the No. 6 team in 3A. Two proud running offenses and a pair of stingy defenses will try to out-perform each other.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20121019/SPORTS/310190006/H-S-FOOTBALL-BLITZ-Previews-each-game-tonight-involving-team-Jackson-Sun-coverage-area