Tournament Time, HERE WE GO!

akula21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the girls do the same as the boys did in the spring from District 11, where the regular season district champions automatically secure a birth to the region tournament?

And wasn't it Independence that also pulled the upset this past spring...only to miss out on Regions. As an unbiased fan, gotta root for the Indy girls.

Great upset by Indy - by the sounds of that article, Franklin still had starters in at the 76th minute. However, I didn't realize that the winner of that district is guaranteed a regional spot; in our region (7AAA), the reward for winning the district a bye for the first round of the district tourney...and that is it. The district winner has to play into regionals just like every other team. Knowing you are a guaranteed to move on can sometimes affect a team's play.

All that being said, still an impressive win for Indy and a *very* impressive win for Brentwood. BW is certainly gelling at the right time!

Do the girls do the same as the boys did in the spring from District 11, where the regular season district champions automatically secure a birth to the region tournament?

I'm pretty sure this was discussed greatly in the spring, and it's probably like beating a dead horse - but I just wanted to say - this is so stupid!

How is it that TSSAA doesn't control this? Just like the regular season overtime thing - the rule should be universal across the board. Every district should have to do things the same exact way. I'm talking everything - overtime vs no overtime in reg season; having to win or be runner-up in the district tourney to advance to region; how All-District is selected; where the district tourney is played (one place vs satellite), etc.

Remind me again, what is the point of having a district tournament for District 11?

I'm pretty sure this was discussed greatly in the spring, and it's probably like beating a dead horse - but I just wanted to say - this is so stupid!

How is it that TSSAA doesn't control this? Just like the regular season overtime thing - the rule should be universal across the board. Every district should have to do things the same exact way. I'm talking everything - overtime vs no overtime in reg season; having to win or be runner-up in the district tourney to advance to region; how All-District is selected; where the district tourney is played (one place vs satellite), etc.

Remind me again, what is the point of having a district tournament for District 11?

Good point, but that would make to much since Lincoln19......lot easier to focus your resources and time coming up with Multipliers for private schools..1.86, 1.73, 2.2, 1.1....How did 1.8 become the perfect number anywho? Booger is kinda partial to .06......Sorry, did not meaqn to change the subjecticon_evil.gif