District 12A

RedTang

He might be just a player on the team..but I can promise you when opposing coaches game plan for summertown they are not worried about their guards no matter what grade they are in...Bottom line eagles will go as far as he takes them...is he doesn't show up to play they lose

You are correct, He is the leader of this team. If they win, it will be a team win, and if he doesn't show up and they lose, i'm hoping it will be considered a team lose and not someone calling names and making it look like one player lost the game

come on man--this is not a seth wright team--it is a summertown eagle team. True, he has contibuted a lot. But consider this--he is head and shoulder taller than anyone in the district and a senior, these guards you haVE DOWNGRADED all year are only sophmores. If he could catch the passes in to him, the guards would'n be charged with near as many turnovers. He should be averaging at least 25 points per game. don't get me wrong, he is a good player, and could have a bright future,but he is only a player on the eagle team.

I don't care if they are 6th graders. If they can't play they don't need to be out there. Your last post made you look like you haven't been to a game all year. It's not the sophomores I'm talking about. I'm talking about a junior that has really hurt them all year. "If he could catch the passes thrown to him"? You do understand that 95% of his points come from offensive rebounds and from the high post, right? He didn't touch the ball on a post feed until the 3rd quarter against FH. You must have been there, you seen that right? Maybe this is why he had 6 in the first half and ended the game with 22? If the guards are unable to look over defenders and see him, they don't need to be out there. They panic while defended hints turnovers. Seth is a very weak playing post player. He only seals his man for a couple of seconds. If they can't find him sealed then that's his fault but when the passes are there he catches them. The turnovers DO NOT come from post feeds. That's for sure. The turnovers come from panicking when they are guarded, not being able to pass out of pressure, and trying to make flashy moves getting the ball up the floor. It doesn't matter how it looks. That's the message we need to get across here.... It's not the NBA it's High school. Nobody cares what you look like dribbling the ball up the floor. We would much rather see you get the ball up the floor under control. Also, I haven't downgraded anyone. It's not like I'm making things up its clear as day I can see it every game. The only person making things up would be you making excuses for why they can't get it done. "They are Sophomores" that's a crutch. I played at Summertown 3 years ago and all I want is to see that program succeed and get back to where it was. Lets take a look at the Sophomores your talking about though. Well 2 of them at least. Camden Perry is a pure shooter when he's on. He's not fast enough yet to play much defense. He doesn't need to dribble. He will be a very good player when his athleticism comes around. Luke Scott has been the savior of this team. Without him they don't get the ball up the floor. He penetrates zones and gets layups. He has started shooting more lately and is a great player. He gets a little out of control sometimes but he helps that team tremendously with the loss of McGill (the real point guard) those where probably the two Sophomore guards you were talking about me downgrading. I hope that I am proven wrong tomorrow night and they come out and play the game of the century but that's what's happened all year long. If you have been there then you've see it too. Tomorrow night pay more attention to what actual happens when they get their tales kicked.

Edited by tennesseefan23

gettozero, on 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

He might be just a player on the team..but I can promise you when opposing coaches game plan for summertown they are not worried about their guards no matter what grade they are in...Bottom line eagles will go as far as he takes them...is he doesn't show up to play they lose

You are correct, He is the leader of this team. If they win, it will be a team win, and if he doesn't show up and they lose, i'm hoping it will be considered a team lose and not someone calling names and making it look like one player lost the game

I agree with this post. I think WC will put 3 guys on him Summertowns guards may have to carry them tomorrow night. I like the Loretto Collinwood game. I'm calling a close one there. Lets just all show up tomorrow and watch the games and see what happens. Does anyone know what times the games are when in what order they will be played?

Edited by mustangsbball

I don't care if they are 6th graders. If they can't play they don't need to be out there. Your last post made you look like you haven't been to a game all year. It's not the sophomores I'm talking about. I'm talking about a junior that has really hurt them all year. "If he could catch the passes thrown to him"? You do understand that 95% of his points come from offensive rebounds and from the high post, right? He didn't touch the ball on a post feed until the 3rd quarter against FH. You must have been there, you seen that right? Maybe this is why he had 6 in the first half and ended the game with 22? If the guards are unable to look over defenders and see him, they don't need to be out there. They panic while defended hints turnovers. Seth is a very weak playing post player. He only seals his man for a couple of seconds. If they can't find him sealed then that's his fault but when the passes are there he catches them. The turnovers DO NOT come from post feeds. That's for sure. The turnovers come from panicking when they are guarded, not being able to pass out of pressure, and trying to make flashy moves getting the ball up the floor. It doesn't matter how it looks. That's the message we need to get across here.... It's not the NBA it's High school. Nobody cares what you look like dribbling the ball up the floor. We would much rather see you get the ball up the floor under control. Also, I haven't downgraded anyone. It's not like I'm making things up its clear as day I can see it every game. The only person making things up would be you making excuses for why they can't get it done. "They are Sophomores" that's a crutch. I played at Summertown 3 years ago and all I want is to see that program succeed and get back to where it was. Lets take a look at the Sophomores your talking about though. Well 2 of them at least. Camden Perry is a pure shooter when he's on. He's not fast enough yet to play much defense. He doesn't need to dribble. He will be a very good player when his athleticism comes around. Luke Scott has been the savior of this team. Without him they don't get the ball up the floor. He penetrates zones and gets layups. He has started shooting more lately and is a great player. He gets a little out of control sometimes but he helps that team tremendously with the loss of McGill (the real point guard) those where probably the two Sophomore guards you were talking about me downgrading. I hope that I am proven wrong tomorrow night and they come out and play the game of the century but that's what's happened all year long. If you have been there then you've see it too. Tomorrow night pay more attention to what actual happens when they get their tales kicked.

I just consider you saying "dispite his teammates resistance" and "the non-exsistance guard play" as being downgrading toward these players,while they are trying as hard as they can. yes, they make turnovers, but so does seth. no body is perfect. This is the coach's job to correct, not someone politicing for one player.

I just consider you saying "dispite his teammates resistance" and "the non-exsistance guard play" as being downgrading toward these players,while they are trying as hard as they can. yes, they make turnovers, but so does seth. no body is perfect. This is the coach's job to correct, not someone politicing for one player.

if u gave started all year you have played prob 30 games I don't think u can use the young excuse as much as at beginning of year..kids have been thru the battles this late in season and know what to expect

Ok two things. I completely agree with you that nobody is perfect and I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can well most of them. But sports are suppose to prepare you for the work place. If I do an awful job at work next week do you think "I did my best" is going to save my job? Nope. The "trying their best" excuse doesn't work here that's for Saturday league where everyone gets a participation trophy. I'll call the TSSAA and see where they stand on letting us play a participation game this year at the state tournament. 2nd thing. If its the coaches responsibility to fix this, when do you think they are going to do that? If this was going to be fixed it was in the first 2 weeks not the last two games.

We can continue this conversation whenever you get realistic.

Ok two things. I completely agree with you that nobody is perfect and I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can well most of them. But sports are suppose to prepare you for the work place. If I do an awful job at work next week do you think "I did my best" is going to save my job? Nope. The "trying their best" excuse doesn't work here that's for Saturday league where everyone gets a participation trophy. I'll call the TSSAA and see where they stand on letting us play a participation game this year at the state tournament. 2nd thing. If its the coaches responsibility to fix this, when do you think they are going to do that? If this was going to be fixed it was in the first 2 weeks not the last two games.

We can continue this conversation whenever you get realistic.

no need to continue, when you can only see one side of the conversation, one would think you could see that the talent and experience is just not there, and you can't fix things if you don't have the tools to fix them. Another problem for Coach Hunt for tonight is that Luke Scott has the flu and may not play at all, if so, it will be limited. Nuff said--let' just support the team tonight.

no need to continue, when you can only see one side of the conversation, one would think you could see that the talent and experience is just not there, and you can't fix things if you don't have the tools to fix them. Another problem for Coach Hunt for tonight is that Luke Scott has the flu and may not play at all, if so, it will be limited. Nuff said--let' just support the team tonight.

Dang............You Stown folks pointing fingures around and speaking negative about your players isn't a good thing. It is late in the season and this time of the season is what it is all about. Talking about the young guards up there, you can't expect them to start their sophmore season playing like juniors & seniors. They should be playing like juniors now and look at the experience they have going into next season.

Looking forward to the game tonight. GO Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should be playing like juniors. They continue to struggle though. And if the news about Luke Scott is true I predict Summertown turning the ball over at least 20 times tonight. He is the only person on the team that can get the ball down the floor and its because he's not worried about how it looks. It's simple and very businesslike. Very few turnovers. Without him it is gonna get ugly I believe. Hopefully not though. The one reason I see one side of the story is because there's only one side that matters. W or L . Which one do you want???

My opinion....Summertown has one guard playing that has cost them several games. To try to act like a former player that is now playing college ball is not cutting it.

I have seen an entire game where the low post was only looked for 1 time (and Seth had a turn around bank over the best player in the county when they did and could have done so all night). Your guards have got to look for him. From what I have seen, they dont.

Summertown has a lot of the necessary tools to be a huge factor in the state. Granted our stopper on D isnt as good as a certain stopper was 2 years ago, he is still very effective. We have a streaky lights out shooter that can come off screens and hit some big shots. We have a guy that can score facing the basket when they double team Seth. In my opinion, this team has under-achieved.

One issue I have is they have 2 kids 6'6" or bigger and I have yet to see them on the court at the same time. That is a weapon they could use.

I think Stown gets the win tonight. I have not been impressed by WC either and Stown by far has the bigger upside. If they play the way they are capable of, they win by 15 points

They should be playing like juniors. They continue to struggle though. And if the news about Luke Scott is true I predict Summertown turning the ball over at least 20 times tonight. He is the only person on the team that can get the ball down the floor and its because he's not worried about how it looks. It's simple and very businesslike. Very few turnovers. Without him it is gonna get ugly I believe. Hopefully not though. The one reason I see one side of the story is because there's only one side that matters. W or L . Which one do you want???

We have different views on several things, but one thing I think we can agree on is that Seth will be MVP