This reminds me of Kingston/Alcoa

hooters

football is becoming too rough with all the thug type action weekly....need to rein em in and teach players disciplne ,respect for others to be used all their lives...look at the smug smile coming off field, that isnt right ..suppose it excites bama coaches too..its dangerous out there as in all places we dare to go...its got to stop at all levels of football

Alabama coach Nick Saban was none too pleased with freshman LaMichael Fanning’s body slam tackle of Missouri running back Russell Hansbrough Saturday.

In what more closely resembled a suplex wrestling move, Fanning launched Hansbrough to the ground in a dangerous move that fortunately did not result in serious injury. Fanning, who is 6-7 and 298 pounds, received a personal foul penalty, but his discipline didn’t stop there.

According to the Montgomery Advertiser, Saban called Missouri coach Gary Pinkel to apologize. Additionally, Saban made Fanning write letters of apology to Hansbrough and Pinkel. The Columbia (Mo.) Daily Tribune reported that Pinkel said he received the apology from Saban and the email from Fanning.

Saban said that Fanning would face internal discipline as well.

“I think this is a young player who’s excited about getting into the game, makes very, very poor judgment on making that play,†Saban told the Advertiser. “It’s something that we don’t condone here. It’s not how we want our players to play.

Is football always a "perfect form tackle" type of game? No! That's what I would tell Saban, the reporter, the refs, and anyone else. Did Butkus always tackle with "clean form"? What about Lambert? Do offensive linemen always block with "clean form"? If so then there should never be another cut block (not a "high/low chop block" but a simple 1-on-1 cut block) allowed again? That would eliminate the entire blocking schemes for teams like Navy who have smaller offensive linemen and cut bigger defensive lines. A player could have a "freak" injury if he gets cut and his knee is blown out.

As soon as someone takes it to an ultimate extreme and disallows all fouls that could possible injure a player (ie "cut blocks") then I will admit that sometimes tackles are violent.

Until then I will coninue to say "not every tackle is a perfectly clean tackle with textbook form" and players only have 1 job which is to get the ball carrier on the ground.

If that sounds "too rough" for your child then allow him to become a male cheerleader or join the band. I would say "play baseball" but sometimes even baseball players throw at one another. What if someone is accidentally beamed "just right" and loses vision for life? Does that make the pitcher a criminal? Remember we're talking about high school aged kids (not Greg Maddux or Roger Clemens).