2012 TN Titans Mr Football Awards: Class AAA Back

CoachT

I think that we're supposed to keep this thread on why an athlete is deserving, instead of why he's not .

I do love stats though. Here's some stats.

Jalen Hurd - 8-0 - Beech High School - 1951 Rushing Yards - 25 Rushing TD's.

At the moment, he is....

#1 in the State in Rushing.

#6 in the Nation in Rushing.

The only 5 star football player in TN no matter position or grade. (per 247 Sports)

Holds 13 Major College Offers including: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Tennessee & Vanderbilt among others.

Plays in one of the toughest districts (9AAA) in the State.

Rushed for 451 yards (3rd highest in state history) against defending State Champion powerhouse Henry Co.

Rushed for 299 yards against a tough 6A Mt. Juliet.

Runs a 4.37 40 yard dash.

And, he's just a junior....

I am a 73 year old retired high school coach. I have attended high school games each Friday night for 50 years. Jalen Hurd is the best high school running back I have ever seen, I don't care if he is a 5th grader.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenville hung about 70 pts on Tresvant in the title game and they play here against some tertible teams. Foreman is a lot better than Carmichael was. So your theory holds no proof

Whoooa. He is not better than Carmichael... Foreman is quicker and MAYBE a half a step faster, but in no way is he as good as William Carmichael. But i do agree that Memphis football is nothing to brag about.

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

Whoooa. He is not better than Carmichael... Foreman is quicker and MAYBE a half a step faster, but in no way is he as good as William Carmichael. But i do agree that Memphis football is nothing to brag about.

No one knows just how good Foreman really is. He only got three or four touches a game last year as a jr. and wouldn't of got much more this year if Clark hadn't been forced to move him to QB. If they had turned him loose he would easly have 30 td's and over 2,000 yrds by now. If you think im crazy look at some of the games and what he has done playing only to half time. Im talking about after he was moved to QB. Still you can't vote someone Mr. Football on what they could of done, so I would probably go with Hurd. It would of been a different story if Forman had been in a different system at a different school.

Speaking statistically and not saying Foreman could keep his average up if he had to carry the ball more but statistically speaking with his average now he would rush for 8000 yards and 100 touchdowns on 300 carry's.

I would also go with Hurd based on his bulkier statistics but i won't say that scoring every 2.5 times you touch the ball isn't impressive no matter the competition and doing that in every aspect of the game passing running and receiving.