Preseason picks for Class A?

coachrus

So what Chattanooga Class-A teams are good to your knowledge?

After seeing the 2 teams from the chattanooga region that went to substate, i dont think either of them will be in state this coming year. CSAS is young and inexperienced. Grace Baptist seemed to be a 1 man team with only 1 or 2 others to help out on off nights. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Lookout Valley slide into state. I'd be shocked to see 2 teams from Region 4 to make it into state this year so whoever can pull out the Region 3 championship should get a ticket to the glass house this year.

That may be the dumbest post I've seen on these boards lol. Coach Barger has two years as a head basketball coach and has a state championship gold ball and advanced to the second round last year. Would imagine she has the best winning percentage in class a for her career. I've seen us get beat, and beat ourselves occasionally but have yet to see her get out coached. Perry county was the result of an ot win that was our state championship effort against who many in the state felt was the best team in BTW. We simply had nothing left and fell flat.

If LC can make the excuse that they lost to PC cause they were give out from beating BTW, I want to put my excuse in for PC losing to FC because of that hard fought game against the Defending state champs.

And to whichever poster put that if it was a best of 3 series in State Tourney BTW or LC would have won your an idiot. PC and LC met 3 times in the past 2 years, guess who came out on Top of that series.

After seeing the 2 teams from the chattanooga region that went to substate, i dont think either of them will be in state this coming year. CSAS is young and inexperienced. Grace Baptist seemed to be a 1 man team with only 1 or 2 others to help out on off nights. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Lookout Valley slide into state. I'd be shocked to see 2 teams from Region 4 to make it into state this year so whoever can pull out the Region 3 championship should get a ticket to the glass house this year.

CSAS was young and inexperienced last year having lost 90+% of their offense, defense and experienced players from back to back state tournaments but still beat the best Lookout Valley team they had seen in years to make it to the substate. The Patriots lost only one consistently significant player. Overlooking them will be a mistake.....but go ahead. See you in March!

Lookout Valley has historically been a baseball school so that's not saying much

They were considered the "best" Class A team in Chattanooga last year having won a school record 25+ games. My point is that a young and inexperienced CSAS team developed enough during last year to play well until they played FCS. If memory serves me correct FCS had a similiar experience to the experience CSAS had last year when they visited CSAS the year before for a substate loss....and the experience certainly helped them. Say what you want about the Patriots but to underestimate this team would be a huge mistake.

Sorry, just a little confused about your post. Looks like you just made a blanket statement about a coach who has done nothing but win. You said anyone could have won with that talent but the truth is nobody has been able to. We have had far superior talent over the last decade with much less accomplishment. You say you saw us play in Murfreesboro where Coach Barger is 4-1 in the State Tourney. You also saw us play Jackson SS and I am assuming you mean the game at SS last year because it was our worst loss of the year and I was there. Our kids gave up and they will tell you they did. Coach Barger kept coaching. Good coaches break down the game film and fix losses like that. She did by beating them in the second meeting this year and if I remember correctly did so without her two best players in the first half who were being disciplined for a practice infraction or something similar. Wasn't at the Hickman Co. game so can't speak for that but I was at almost all other games and can assure you she is the real deal. The LC team that won the state championship two years ago was on nobody's radar. They struggled early and finally bought into her teaching and coaching and didn't lose another game. I agree our talent is down this year but I guarantee you our coaching won't be. Look for another solid year from a young LC team.......and you are correct that we will see.

I must agree , she is a good coach...the seniors last year didnt by in to what their coach were telling them. I THINK they got the BIG head and began to do their own thing... they did there own thing until it finally caught up with them in the state tour. If they wouldve continued to workk hard and listen like their junior yr. they wouldve won BACK to BACK simple as that

I must agree , she is a good coach...the seniors last year didnt by in to what their coach were telling them. I THINK they got the BIG head and began to do their own thing... they did there own thing until it finally caught up with them in the state tour. If they wouldve continued to workk hard and listen like their junior yr. they wouldve won BACK to BACK simple as that

No they wouldn't have.