Preseason picks for Class A?

coachrus

Well I have seen them play 5 times in the past two years so, and no they were not all at the Murphy Center (Murfresboro, Jackson SS, Hickman Co, etc)...

Show me what she does this year... with a team that is not loaded for Class A... Boyd, #3, Swift, #22, #21, etc...

Time will tell my good man... She has won on a big level, but has done so with superior talent... You can take half of the Class A coachs, put them in charge of Lake county's past two year teams and they will produce similar results...

But like I said, wait and see...

Sorry, just a little confused about your post. Looks like you just made a blanket statement about a coach who has done nothing but win. You said anyone could have won with that talent but the truth is nobody has been able to. We have had far superior talent over the last decade with much less accomplishment. You say you saw us play in Murfreesboro where Coach Barger is 4-1 in the State Tourney. You also saw us play Jackson SS and I am assuming you mean the game at SS last year because it was our worst loss of the year and I was there. Our kids gave up and they will tell you they did. Coach Barger kept coaching. Good coaches break down the game film and fix losses like that. She did by beating them in the second meeting this year and if I remember correctly did so without her two best players in the first half who were being disciplined for a practice infraction or something similar. Wasn't at the Hickman Co. game so can't speak for that but I was at almost all other games and can assure you she is the real deal. The LC team that won the state championship two years ago was on nobody's radar. They struggled early and finally bought into her teaching and coaching and didn't lose another game. I agree our talent is down this year but I guarantee you our coaching won't be. Look for another solid year from a young LC team.......and you are correct that we will see.

That may be the dumbest post I've seen on these boards lol. Coach Barger has two years as a head basketball coach and has a state championship gold ball and advanced to the second round last year.

I saw Lake County as well play, and she went with a 2 guard front against a 2-3 defense. That makes no sense whatsoever. Any person who understands the game of basketball would understand that is ignorant.

Sorry, just a little confused about your post. Looks like you just made a blanket statement about a coach who has done nothing but win. You said anyone could have won with that talent but the truth is nobody has been able to. We have had far superior talent over the last decade with much less accomplishment. You say you saw us play in Murfreesboro where Coach Barger is 4-1 in the State Tourney. You also saw us play Jackson SS and I am assuming you mean the game at SS last year because it was our worst loss of the year and I was there. Our kids gave up and they will tell you they did. Coach Barger kept coaching. Good coaches break down the game film and fix losses like that. She did by beating them in the second meeting this year and if I remember correctly did so without her two best players in the first half who were being disciplined for a practice infraction or something similar. Wasn't at the Hickman Co. game so can't speak for that but I was at almost all other games and can assure you she is the real deal. The LC team that won the state championship two years ago was on nobody's radar. They struggled early and finally bought into her teaching and coaching and didn't lose another game. I agree our talent is down this year but I guarantee you our coaching won't be. Look for another solid year from a young LC team.......and you are correct that we will see.

1) It's not a blacket statement if I gave you instances from a unbias opinion over a two year span watching several games

2)LC did not always have superior talent, before two years ago... and probably in the near future as Humboldt and Union City (yes, I know it is hard to admit) ran the district while they have been in it... That being said D14 is by far the best top to bottom district in the state...

3) LC has two players missing in the first half of the LC SS game at LC, but didn't SS lose a great player on there team as well... I'm actually not sure on this, but I think I remember hearing about that...

The tenth grader left because his dad wanted him to play in tougher league. But remember mitchell will be single A next year. And how could a dad wont his kid to play for another coach after his grandfather Coach Horton of Btw coach him. I heard they play each other next week in scrimmage don't know the date but I heard at Btw.

We all may question the reason for the transfer, but if I know anything the move had to be in the best interest of the kid especially when it's family involved. Kalil is a talented kid and I hate to see him go, but we keep it South Memphis we gone be STRAIGHT.

TCA didn't lose much from last year. They lost a post player that was high energy but not too skilled. TCA return there core players. They have 2 lights out shooters and a couple of good freshman from there Championship Middle School team. I also like there coach.

TCA should be a favorite to make it to the GLASS HOUSE

Do they still have that good guard and how many starter returning back from last year.

The shooting guard graduated but they still have three(3) starters returning including 6'3 guard Bradford. Humboldt should have about ten (10) kids that they will play so should have plenty depth! Probably will have problems first couple of games due to about seven (7) players on football team, should have nice team size & quickness!