Preseason picks for Class A?

coachrus

Look don't have time for your joke! This is a website talking about sports don't get personal. If you can't write right like a respectable person i won't write back little boy!!

Yeah Reitz,he's right,if you can't write right,he wont write back...right?Whew...seriously,did the point guard graduate...he's a wizard with the ball. Edited by tradertwo

Yeah Reitz,he's right,if you can't write right,he wont write back...right?Whew...seriously,did the point guard graduate...he's a wizard with the ball.

Ya'll must be talking about the guard Thomas Barnes #3?

Yes, he did graduated. Don't know if he is playing college ball or not.

TCA does have a strong Sophomore and Freshmen class.

But there might be a slow start for the basketball, because about 3 players play football.

I put them as Champions if their freshman (6"3 who can dunk with 2 hands) remain at TCA. But he transferred to USJ and is currently there.

NOTE on the freshman, if you watch AAU basketball in Memphis, he played with Penny Hardaway.

CSAS was young and inexperienced last year having lost 90+% of their offense, defense and experienced players from back to back state tournaments but still beat the best Lookout Valley team they had seen in years to make it to the substate. The Patriots lost only one consistently significant player. Overlooking them will be a mistake.....but go ahead. See you in March!

After seeing the 2 teams from the chattanooga region that went to substate, i dont think either of them will be in state this coming year. CSAS is young and inexperienced. Grace Baptist seemed to be a 1 man team with only 1 or 2 others to help out on off nights. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Lookout Valley slide into state. I'd be shocked to see 2 teams from Region 4 to make it into state this year so whoever can pull out the Region 3 championship should get a ticket to the glass house this year.

Saying that CSAS is "young and inexperienced" is totally false.

They have to returning Starting guards, their lead point Chaison Gordon and SG Patrick Taylor, and also a returning forward Nick Moore to the starting line up. The judgement won't be of youth and inexperience, it will be how well their chemistry grows. They have a LOT of talent this year as I went to watch them in a pre season playday @ Marion County. Over the course of the season, I'm very sure they will grow together and will put together the pieces in order to become success and have a great year. The teams that are underestimated are usually the top dogs at the end.

Saying that CSAS is "young and inexperienced" is totally false.

They have to returning Starting guards, their lead point Chaison Gordon and SG Patrick Taylor, and also a returning forward Nick Moore to the starting line up. The judgement won't be of youth and inexperience, it will be how well their chemistry grows. They have a LOT of talent this year as I went to watch them in a pre season playday @ Marion County. Over the course of the season, I'm very sure they will grow together and will put together the pieces in order to become success and have a great year. The teams that are underestimated are usually the top dogs at the end.

1 year of experience for multiple players cannot equal up to multiple years of experience for 3 or 4 players. Yes they have experience from playing last year, but i dont think that they have enough experience to be labelled an "experienced team"

Tiger man you were not kidding when you said you were getting ganged up on in here!!LOL For those questioning the Coaching ability of Lake Co.'s coach as tiger said she has beat some of the best such as that unstoppable #1 ranked BTW team 32-1 and sporting Div. 1 Mr Basketball, along with Jackson Southside,TCA, Humboldt, Union City among others. You can say we will see now but that is a cop out as coaches often are as good as the material they put on the floor. The Falcons only return 2 of their top 8 players from last year in Coleman and Jones so it will be a rebuilding effort for sure. GURU, aka the #1 Lake Co. hater, can talk about the wins his Vikings got over the Falcons the last 2 years all he wants but remember the Falcons got the rings and the Gold Ball!! Not an excuse I just feel that Lake Co. was so spent emotionally and physically from the BTW game that it was tuff to get back up to play a good Perry Co. team. Much the same way I believe the same thing happened to Perry Co. in the finals vs. FCS. They were very emotionally charged vs. LC but seemed flat early against FCS in my opinion. As far as the coaching comment I would suspect that Coach B new her personnel better than anyone.Finally as far as the superior talent, I have seen ALOT of Lake Co. basketball in the last decade and in my opinion the state championship team was probably the 3rd or may be 4th best talent-wise, didn't see the team that lost to Reginald Buckner and Manassas in the sub-state play but once so can't honestly evaluate them,in that time. The 2005 team, Sep Valentine, Tony Tyler, Brandon Springer, Jay Warlick, Kevin Copelin, Jackie Johnson,Channin Geanes, Andrew Wallace among others was probably the most talented then the 04 or 06 teams would be right behind them, 04 losing in substate at Middleton in OT. 06 upset by Trenton in the regional semis. Not saying she is John Wooden but was good enough to get them over the hump and on the big stage is 4-1.

Men, you all know the "true blue" Hampton posters from years on the football and basketball threads....We support our programs without talking trash about other programs....Ignore the trolls

Region 1 is going to be alot of fun this year. Pretty much gotta bring the A game every night out.Its hard to pick the favorite.