Preseason picks for Class A?

coachrus

1 year of experience for multiple players cannot equal up to multiple years of experience for 3 or 4 players. Yes they have experience from playing last year, but i dont think that they have enough experience to be labelled an "experienced team"

True, but you have to know the background and not just the foreground. CSAS has 2 Senior guards who have been apart of 2 Back-to back state apperances, 1 Substate apperance, and played along with 2 All-State players, which one player was named Player of the Year for Chattanooga. So you can't deny that they don't have "experience". Yes, the whole team isn't experienced, which would be impossible unless you have multiple seniors that were built into the program having premiere roles starting freshman and sophomore year. I'm not arguing in any fashion that they'll come out stomping teams and dominate in the state, but I am stating that you can't judge players based on knowledge and such if you haven't seen them grow first hand. CSAS should be able to handle their region and be close to a state level contender if they can their experienced players to spread the knowledge and build the experience level mindset for the younger players.

After seeing the 2 teams from the chattanooga region that went to substate, i dont think either of them will be in state this coming year. CSAS is young and inexperienced. Grace Baptist seemed to be a 1 man team with only 1 or 2 others to help out on off nights. Wouldn't be surprised to see either Lookout Valley slide into state. I'd be shocked to see 2 teams from Region 4 to make it into state this year so whoever can pull out the Region 3 championship should get a ticket to the glass house this year.

CSAS handled Lookout Valley last year in the Region semifinals. Lookout Valley was a 2-man team last year, losing Delaney Heathington. William Long will be alone this year and will need a lot of help from his supporting cast. I don't think he is enough of a 1-man show to take them all the way to state. CSAS was everywhere last year between the distribution of points. They lost a guard and their best player, Johnathan Kurtz. Towards the end of the season, Frank Brogden lessened his scoring role as Patrick Taylor, Chaison Gordon, and Johnathan Kurtz filled up their scoring stats. Loosing Johnathan's rebounding and presence will be big if they can't find players to fill his role. Grace Baptist lost their 1-man show and 3 point man. They have supporting players who will need to step it up BIG TIME if they want to contend with Boyd Buchannon, Copper Basin, or CSAS.

It's always hard to predict high school basketball teams because you never know what players used the off-season effectively, what players will be big bust, or what players will breakthrough. Only time can tell with Chattanooga Class-A.

BTW will be in the hunt for the Crown. Even with the loss of there top 2 scorers from last year they still have a core of young guys who can really play. BTW may have been favored last year, but they were actually rebuilding. Newby and Griffin were the only starters returning add Spencer and you go to the boro. Newby and Spencer are gone but they return three starters with Milan transferring in that solidifies that scoring void left by Spencer.

BTW will be in the hunt for the Crown. Even with the loss of there top 2 scorers from last year they still have a core of young guys who can really play. BTW may have been favored last year, but they were actually rebuilding. Newby and Griffin were the only starters returning add Spencer and you go to the boro. Newby and Spencer are gone but they return three starters with Milan transferring in that solidifies that scoring void left by Spencer.

Tiger man you were not kidding when you said you were getting ganged up on in here!!LOL For those questioning the Coaching ability of Lake Co.'s coach as tiger said she has beat some of the best such as that unstoppable #1 ranked BTW team 32-1 and sporting Div. 1 Mr Basketball, along with Jackson Southside,TCA, Humboldt, Union City among others. You can say we will see now but that is a cop out as coaches often are as good as the material they put on the floor. The Falcons only return 2 of their top 8 players from last year in Coleman and Jones so it will be a rebuilding effort for sure. GURU, aka the #1 Lake Co. hater, can talk about the wins his Vikings got over the Falcons the last 2 years all he wants but remember the Falcons got the rings and the Gold Ball!! Not an excuse I just feel that Lake Co. was so spent emotionally and physically from the BTW game that it was tuff to get back up to play a good Perry Co. team. Much the same way I believe the same thing happened to Perry Co. in the finals vs. FCS. They were very emotionally charged vs. LC but seemed flat early against FCS in my opinion. As far as the coaching comment I would suspect that Coach B new her personnel better than anyone.Finally as far as the superior talent, I have seen ALOT of Lake Co. basketball in the last decade and in my opinion the state championship team was probably the 3rd or may be 4th best talent-wise, didn't see the team that lost to Reginald Buckner and Manassas in the sub-state play but once so can't honestly evaluate them,in that time. The 2005 team, Sep Valentine, Tony Tyler, Brandon Springer, Jay Warlick, Kevin Copelin, Jackie Johnson,Channin Geanes, Andrew Wallace among others was probably the most talented then the 04 or 06 teams would be right behind them, 04 losing in substate at Middleton in OT. 06 upset by Trenton in the regional semis. Not saying she is John Wooden but was good enough to get them over the hump and on the big stage is 4-1.

She also handed Middleton their only 2 loses in 2010/2011 season and beat them again 2011/2012 season. I thought Middleton had a good coach but by some posters standards I guess not.

I agree! I was very impressed with her, as anyone would be if they watch closely and understand the game.

I wanted to thank her last year for putting out BTW in OT. yeah they got there by a hail mary shot but i still credit her with that win. BTW was poorly coached in my opinion. He seemed to be way too passive in a game that ended their whole season.

Ya'll must be talking about the guard Thomas Barnes #3?

Yes, he did graduated. Don't know if he is playing college ball or not.

TCA does have a strong Sophomore and Freshmen class.

But there might be a slow start for the basketball, because about 3 players play football.

I put them as Champions if their freshman (6"3 who can dunk with 2 hands) remain at TCA. But he transferred to USJ and is currently there.

NOTE on the freshman, if you watch AAU basketball in Memphis, he played with Penny Hardaway.

Hey NSINdian. He was only the third best player on that great MS team TCA had last year. TCA has two transfers that are Freshmen that are better than him so it did not hurt us at all to lose him. Also, the guard he is referring to is William Hall and he is back. He is a wizard with the ball. This team is 14 deep!!! Yes, 14 deep! Going to give teams in this area a lot of trouble. Memphis teams will be a challenge in the Region as always.

Hey NSINdian. He was only the third best player on that great MS team TCA had last year. TCA has two transfers that are Freshmen that are better than him so it did not hurt us at all to lose him. Also, the guard he is referring to is William Hall and he is back. He is a wizard with the ball. This team is 14 deep!!! Yes, 14 deep! Going to give teams in this area a lot of trouble. Memphis teams will be a challenge in the Region as always.

If the point guard is back TCA controlls how far they get.There's a lot of variables on championship calibre teams...coaching they have,ball handling,help defense,rebounding...all there.Chemistry should be there too,but it's never a given from one year to the next,even with the same components.If they gel like I'd expect they will,they'll be a tough "W" to get for anyone.

I wanted to thank her last year for putting out BTW in OT. yeah they got there by a hail mary shot but i still credit her with that win. BTW was poorly coached in my opinion. He seemed to be way too passive in a game that ended their whole season.

Yea...and it silenced a couple BTW posters, best I remember :mrgreen: