Painthurs reddy fer Mairvul.....

STARSNBARS

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot "I is special" too

Love the picture btw I don't know where you guys find some of this stuff. I always enjoy reading the posts from you guys on other threads I follow. Especially yours "starsnbars" I can decipher your words so well that it makes me worry about my self sometimes.

Thainks dcnk......Don't wurry abowt hit...Eye don't....cool.png

Looking forward to this game... 1st team Defense had a different look at practice Wed. #5 playing safety > #23 at corner with the first group.....looked very good during the practice....both are great athletes and solid football players, having them in the DB rotation helps this defense a lot.

OMG! Someone ban this guy.

Building depth and or playing kids both ways is a coaches decision in most circles. LC is not so small that they can't play kids exclusively on one side of the ball. Greenback doesn't have a choice.....LC does so don't start that excuse.

If they only have 50 kids coming out at a school that size something is wrong.GB has 47 this yr and we only have 192 kids total,LC has 1000 more.By the way i pick maryville by 21 at least,it will probably get kinda ugly after the article in the paper,i think they are expecting to win!Who is the ding-dong giving out practice reports?????? Edited by orngnblk

Yes, 50 kids is about all there is on the team. You guys have always had a pretty decent sized team considering the size of your school. I think the numbers on the team will keep increasing as the program keeps getting better. But, that 50 I think is only grades 10-12. And as for the "expecting to win comment" shouldn't you always expect to win? What's the point going into a game expecting to lose. If that is your attitude you might as well just hang it up and not even go. I am glad they expect to win. It's a long way from where they used to be, and I am very proud of the program and the progress it's making. Is the article your refering to the link that I posted earlier, or is this in a different paper? If different I would like to read it.

I read the newspaper article in the Daily Times. I think it is great that LC has the competitive spirit in them. I agree with dcnk. Why show up if you don't expect to play your best or win? Lenoir City has really surprised alot of people this year. Maryville is a powerhouse football program, always has been. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season there would be a discussion about Maryville and LC playing each other????

Going back to the articles...I don't know why it will get ugly based on those. Those were just two articles from different points of view about the game, football players and coaches taking pride in their programs.

Hey LC,

What are your thoughts on the overall impact of losing the two very talented players you lost just before the season? I'm speaking of the UT signee and the other receiver that transferred to West. Would this LC team (one of the best they've had in a long time) be even better? Or was that, perhaps, "addition by subtraction" with those two?

Interested in your thoughts ...

Leave it to Govman to interject a little positive discourse to this thread.Go Rebels.

And for my two cents, West has reaped no rewards and the Panthers are doing just fine. So Govman my question is have these two young men bettered themselves with the transfer?

A little off topic but that's how a Murvil thread goes.