DeKalb County at Livingston Academy

King21

Alright!!! Here we go. The BIG game is here. So far this year all we have read is how dominate Dekalb is. Reading about their stats and comparing game scores. How their defense is going to wear out LA and their is no way LA can can defend the pass. How one particular poster had said DC has 4-5 players better than McCoin and Hayes. That they have the best WR in the state and best line in the state. I will say this, that if flapping fingers the most on CoachT had any bearing on the out come of the game Friday night, by all means DC rolls!

Now for stats and comparing game scores. Has any of the DC faithful mentioned their two toughest district games to date (SC and YAI) were home games? That LA's two toughest district games (SC and YAI) were both road games?

Speaking of road games LA has played SC, York, and White House on the road and neither team mentioned has slowed LA none. I realize LA did not slow down White House, but LA is not playing them. So, here's my question. Has Dekalb been in a dogfight on the road this year? Last year? No doubt, having watched DC play, they are good, but they have not played anyone close to the team they will play friday at HOG-EYE!!

Now if Dekalb has 4-5 players better than McCoin or Hayes, they were not dressed the night I watched them. Again, i think Dekalb is very good but anyone thinking 4-5 players are better are wearing the Black and Gold colored glasses. Molander is fast, but LA has a player or two that got a little foot speed theirselves even if they do have 2 left feet.

I agree with most, the game will be won with line play and defense. LA has defended DC the last 3 years pretty good. I know I know...DC is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Well mano a mano. LA is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Does that mean that the score comparison from the last 3 years with the same kids playing the same kids mean LA wins? Nope, all it means is its the past. This is 2012, week 11 and last game before the playoffs that will likely mean a rematch in 3 more weeks if both keep winning.

Should be a good one. I for one expect an LA win at home!!

With all this said and more to come, I am exhausted from flapping my fingers! Yall carry on!popcorneater.gif

GO HOG-EYE!!!

If LA wins does that drop dekalbs seeding in The playoffs?

Edited by DevilMan03

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally only read the football threads but after reading my ole buddy big daddy's post every hair on my head is standing up! Ive watched this group play all sports all the way through. I promise you will not find a group with more heart or better prepared. this same group has handled DC's same group just fine & fri will be no exception. LA 48-DC 24 & thats being generous! I will be there with a coke & steak samichhh to witness it all! Go Hogeye!!!

Alright!!! Here we go. The BIG game is here. So far this year all we have read is how dominate Dekalb is. Reading about their stats and comparing game scores. How their defense is going to wear out LA and their is no way LA can can defend the pass. How one particular poster had said DC has 4-5 players better than McCoin and Hayes. That they have the best WR in the state and best line in the state. I will say this, that if flapping fingers the most on CoachT had any bearing on the out come of the game Friday night, by all means DC rolls!

Now for stats and comparing game scores. Has any of the DC faithful mentioned their two toughest district games to date (SC and YAI) were home games? That LA's two toughest district games (SC and YAI) were both road games?

Speaking of road games LA has played SC, York, and White House on the road and neither team mentioned has slowed LA none. I realize LA did not slow down White House, but LA is not playing them. So, here's my question. Has Dekalb been in a dogfight on the road this year? Last year? No doubt, having watched DC play, they are good, but they have not played anyone close to the team they will play friday at HOG-EYE!!

Now if Dekalb has 4-5 players better than McCoin or Hayes, they were not dressed the night I watched them. Again, i think Dekalb is very good but anyone thinking 4-5 players are better are wearing the Black and Gold colored glasses. Molander is fast, but LA has a player or two that got a little foot speed theirselves even if they do have 2 left feet.

I agree with most, the game will be won with line play and defense. LA has defended DC the last 3 years pretty good. I know I know...DC is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Well mano a mano. LA is bigger and better with pretty much the same group. Does that mean that the score comparison from the last 3 years with the same kids playing the same kids mean LA wins? Nope, all it means is its the past. This is 2012, week 11 and last game before the playoffs that will likely mean a rematch in 3 more weeks if both keep winning.

Should be a good one. I for one expect an LA win at home!!

With all this said and more to come, I am exhausted from flapping my fingers! Yall carry on!popcorneater.gif

GO HOG-EYE!!!

Sic em BD.... I will say this. Dekalb has played well. And I believe that LA has not played as well as they could in several games. That being said, LA has more from top to bottom. LA has home field advantage. LA has a much better running back. I have a feeling that LA will show up for this one and if they play 4 quarters they will win. But beware, if they aren't playing their best it could be a long night. Going to be interesting. If LA plays their best game and Dekalb plays their best game then LA wins.

Edited by hilhamhound

I was just saying I'm glad to see some other good team from up in plateau country come out of the gate into the playoffs besides Smith Co. and Livingston Academy. Two great programs there.......just good to see a fresh team. I don't know it but I'd bet the people in Smithville and Alexandria are proud to have a little more than the fiddler's contest to stir things up for change. Now somebody's going to get on here and list their team, and what all they've done in the playoffs from the plateau. But I'm telling you, outside of your area all we have heard about for the past ten+ years has been LA and Smith.

King how is McCoin doing with the ankle.

Heard he needed probably a week of rest to get fully healthy. He got that last week. Should be 110%. Couple of things stat wise, too. McCoin very good in the air...1500+ yards and 14 TDs compared to 1 INT. Kid can throw the ball, too.

I think Dekalb is a little overrated with the cupcake schedule we have this year, even though we beat Smith. I think Dekalb comes into this game pumped and excited because of all the momentum we have built up all season, and everyone says its the game of the week. So I think dekalb comes out and wins the football game by 14.

LA-27

DC-34

Go Tigers!!

dekalb by 14 with a final score 34-27 DC?!?! Lets see 34 minus 27...yep thats 14huh.png

Edited by BigDaddy_1