Henry County hosts Rossview- Week 10

MSURacer

Pretty important game as Rossview is fighting for a playoff spot and Henry County is fighting for playoff seeding. Perfect "trap" game for Henry County coming off a big win against Dickson and the playoffs being just a week away. Rossview has been much improved this season as they currently sit at 5-4, and have not had any trouble scoring points.

HC needs to come out, play hard, and take care of business. If we play our game we should win big.

Thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This playoff system has some holes. If HC ends up 8-2, they should get AT LEAST one playoff game at home. Like PC said above, we have been spoiled because there isn't much better than a playoff game at Patriot Stadium.

The Jackets went to HC three years ago for a first round playoff game. The atmosphere was ELECTRIC. With the way the T$$AA loves money you would think they would give the Pats at least one home game because of the gate.

I agree that some of the system makes no sense, but no need to fret over some road playoff games. I realize not everyone can travel, which is a bummer, but as far as the team is concerned, it doesn't really worry me that much. Remember '06 and '08? We're no strangers to traveling west and having success in November.

Here we sit in week 10 and I'm still not sure how it will play out. I mean heck, isn't it still possible for us to end up in quad 3? Who knows how much that could potentially shake things up. Not much we can do about anything except handle the business in front of us.

Edited by RedSwarm10

The Jackets went to HC three years ago for a first round playoff game. The atmosphere was ELECTRIC. With the way the T$$AA loves money you would think they would give the Pats at least one home game because of the gate.

I agree completely! But as it looks right now, this is going to be the last home game of the season - unless some strange things happen on Friday and/or in the playoffs...bummer!

The YANKER is dismayed to find this thread on page ONE in the middle of page TWO.....the DEMISE HAS BEGAN!!!!! Why no interest??? Henryland is a victim of their own success. The last game I attended seemed like a funeral procession!!! The scores will be as follows.....JCM 33 - SS 20.........HC 48 - Rossview 6.........the way this YANKER interprets our state's strange playoff scenario is that you need to finish first or second in the district to guarantee a chance at home playoff games and overall record is secondary to a first or second place finish......Henryland had their chances like everyone else so just hit the road and win......I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!

The YANKER is dismayed to find this thread on page ONE in the middle of page TWO.....the DEMISE HAS BEGAN!!!!! Why no interest??? Henryland is a victim of their own success. The last game I attended seemed like a funeral procession!!! The scores will be as follows.....JCM 33 - SS 20.........HC 48 - Rossview 6.........the way this YANKER interprets our state's strange playoff scenario is that you need to finish first or second in the district to guarantee a chance at home playoff games and overall record is secondary to a first or second place finish......Henryland had their chances like everyone else so just hit the road and win......I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!

I am dismayed as well. I think everyone got burned out trying to figure out who would clean Dickson County's facility after we accidentally left a gum wrapper under one of the seats. If you haven't read it, it would be well worth your time to read the last 3 pages of that thread.