5A quad 3 as of today

werazzlin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st travel happens because your team lost on seeding in quad ..it happens all over the state during playoffs in all classes ..agreed its more extreme in Quad 4 here due to lack of class 5 AAA teams ( only 5 ) in West Tn outside of Shelby Co...as stated there is another road game for both winning..Ne to JNS, HC Back to Mempo..I detest playing a game in Mempo....none of these tMempo teams in quad have their own field so theres no telling where either may play ..

Ridgeway,Craigmont ,Hamilton get a higher seed due 1st or 2nd place in district...I know it doesnt seem fair to win more games than they did ,but thats the way the system works out as TSSAA determined 4 years ago...also in their favor is Mempo teams have fewer teams per district- thus less chance of losing multiple games in district..you get penalized for winning in your district is sick ..you think this is bad look at West Tn teams in 4AA....you'll have plenty of company in Mempo on Friday nites from all over West Tn....good luck to both HC n Ne

Hamilton will beat Melrose and finish 2nd in that region with a 7-3 record, unless East upsets Da Haven, which I don't see happen.

Go Clarksville NW, Henry Co is 2nd if they somehow upset Clarksville NE, but I don't see that happening either.

Sad that HC is virtually a tri champion and a 6 seed, but that is how it is..

Edited by ParisRiverRat

I am seeing Hamilto as fourth in their district regardless of Friday? they have lost 3 district games?

I think White Station had to forfeit their win against Hamilton and one other game for using ineligible players. CoachT does not reflect this. I think that district will end with a 3 way tie for second with East, Whitestation, Hamilton all tied at 3-2. Hamilton will have the best overall record, thus the 2nd place in the district.

Tandem if that holds true... that is one tough road!!!! To have to go thru Hendersonville, Northeast, Henry county, and Jackson northside. that will be a very tough road. Then play Powell in final. Sheesh!!! Lets Go Bucs!!! This is why you play the games.

I can only hope Powell makes it that far. There's a lot of work to be done and a lot of good teams to get through. This yrs team isn't as strong as what we had last yr, so we'll see.

I feel sorry for Henry County and Northeast fans, traveling to Memphis to play, and if a win, going back to Memphis..

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the reason why TSSAA did those quads for playoffs is to limit the travel time??

Limiting travel has never been a factor in this new playoff system. Allowing more teams to experience the postseason is the main purpose of the Z plan and counting the revenue each brings in.

I think White Station had to forfeit their win against Hamilton and one other game for using ineligible players. CoachT does not reflect this. I think that district will end with a 3 way tie for second with East, Whitestation, Hamilton all tied at 3-2. Hamilton will have the best overall record, thus the 2nd place in the district.

White Station forfeited their first game against Ridgeway due to a internal fight on the team. They actually beat up a kid to get themselves ready/prepared for Ridgeway.....Prophet is correct...they will not host 1st round.

Edited by QBClubPrez

White Station forfeited their first game against Ridgeway due to a internal fight on the team. They actually beat up a kid to get themselves ready/prepared for Ridgeway.....Prophet is correct...they will not host 1st round.

According to this article in the CA http://www.commercia...game-for-using/ they also had to forfeit 2 other games for using an ineligible player. I still see a 3-way tie for second all with a 3-2 record. I'm not saying they will host a game, but they will get a higher seed then HC because of the 2nd place finish.

Am i not seeing this correctly?

Edited by BigRedRealist

http://www.tssaa.org...alstandings.cfm

Hamilton will beat Melrose tonight....Da Haven will beat Mem East.....The White Station Mem Central result is what all the tiebreakers hinge upon...IF MEM CENTRAL WINS (and the above happens) Mem East is 2nd by beating Hamilton head to head....IF WHITE STATION Wins...3 way tie for 2nd which Hamilton would win with a 7-3 record (this scenario might get HC A # 3 SEED IN QUAD 3)

I still think when everything shapes up, HC will be traveling to Craigmont in round 1 as a 6 seed...I hope we get a 3 in Quad 3 though..

GO CLARKSVILLE NW!

GO DYER CO

GO HAMILTON

GO MEM EAST

Edited by ParisRiverRat

http://www.tssaa.org...alstandings.cfm

Hamilton will beat Melrose tonight....Da Haven will beat Mem East.....The White Station Mem Central result is what all the tiebreakers hinge upon...IF MEM CENTRAL WINS (and the above happens) Mem East is 2nd by beating Hamilton head to head....IF WHITE STATION Wins...3 way tie for 2nd which Hamilton would win with a 7-3 record (this scenario might get HC A # 3 SEED IN QUAD 3)

I still think when everything shapes up, HC will be traveling to Craigmont in round 1 as a 6 seed...I hope we get a 3 in Quad 3 though..

GO CLARKSVILLE NW!

GO DYER CO

GO HAMILTON

GO MEM EAST

Hey PRR,

Isn't the ONLY way HC goes to Quad 3 is if Dyer Co beats Brighton AND Memphis East beats Whitehaven (which has lost 1 games the last 2 years,,,,,to Maryville), regardless of the Clarksville NE vs NW outcome? If either of Dyer Co or Memphis East loose then HC is in Quad 4. I just don't see any other way HC goes to Quad 3 looking at the Maps/Quads there's just not any other teams to go West.

According to the TSSAA Handbook, the first district tie-breaker is "1. The team with the greatest number of victories." Therefore, wouldn't district 10 be... #1. Dickson (9-1) #2. Henry Co. (8-2, with a win tonight) and #3. NE (7-3, also with a win tonight) ??? Therefore, HC gets a higher playoff seed? And, maybe, a 1st round home game?