West Carroll Mourns Passing Of Jay Rodgers

Butchie

Sometimes Gods plan is hard to understand,but it's not for us to question.I pray that everyone who was blessed by knowing this remarkable young man while he was among us be given the strength and peace to deal with their loss.God's will be done,and though I'm not his judge,I feel that Jay's pain has been replaced with bliss.Jay felt that it was important to finish his book before he was too weak to do so,and against the doctors predictions,he did.I plan on reading for myself what Jay wanted to tell the world so badly,maybe that's part of God's plan for Jay...and for me.

I Have Never Given Thought to My Passing...And Shudder At The Mere Thought Of It...But When My Time Comes...Will I Have The Courage To Face My Ending As Jay Has?...Alot Of Thoughts Are Flooding My Mind As What Was On This Young Man's Mind And The Adversity He Had Faced...And The Stress And Strain On The Family And Community....You Are The Warrior Jay...And An Inspiration To Others.

Having lost a child of my own I truely know the anguish this family feels and the nightmare they have lived. However to have had the opportunity to parent and mentor such a great young man is a blessing the family can cherish. In many ways I believe that Jay taught them, the family, more than could have ever taught him. If I can give advice to the Rodgers family it would be never to ask that ever present question which is Why?. I did that and it nearly destroyed me. The truth is that God himself could explain it in the most eloquent way and in our human carnal minds we would still ask.... but WHY? The truth is there will never be a good enough reason to lose one of your own children.....never. The blessing is that Jay shared his life's trial with all of us and gave us all the greatest perspective we can have for our own lives. God bless and be with this family during this horrible and difficult time. Im making myself available to this family during this time. If you need to talk to someone who has experiecned this tragedy let me know and we will get together. God Bless.

Edited by BigSwo