Best Playoff Game Ever

powerp

With the regular season ending today I thought this topic would get some good responses. We all have seen our good bit of football over the years but what is the best playoff game you have ever seen? Here are some that I think: 2007 semifinals SP vs. Hampton, 1994 state championshp SP vs. Lake County, 1995 semifinals I think BGA beat SP, 1999 semifinals SP and Trousdale County, and finally even though it was a loss I have to mention 2008 SP at Trousdale County because it was 10 degrees at kickoff!!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pitt at Boyd Buc in 2003. Bucs won the regular season game at The Swamp. Most thought the winner of the rematch in the play offs was the eventual state champion. Bucs pulled out a close 20-7 victory and went on to win the BlueCross Bowl. thumb[1].gif

Both of those teams were loaded with talent.

Cascade at Signal Mtn shootout a few years back was a game I wish I could have seen. SP vs Boyd,Trousdale,Gordonsville,BGA,DCA,Friendship Christain are the ones that I personally got to see that stick out in my mind. Going back quite a few years that most young ones want know about is Rockwood,Meigs Co. and Sweetwater,SP has had there share of ups and downs with all these teams!!

Probably not the best ever but:

* '95 Quarterfinals, Clarksville NE (Travis Stephens) vs. Brentwood Academy, BA won 7-3

* '05 Quarterfinals, Mt. Pleasant vs. Jo Byrns, JB won 21-20

* '06 Quarterfinals, Jo Byrns vs. Mt. Pleasant, MTP won 30-28

* '08 Semifinals, McKenzie vs. Jo Byrns, JB won 31-21

...come to mind.

Probably not the best ever but:

* '95 Quarterfinals, Clarksville NE (Travis Stephens) vs. Brentwood Academy, BA won 7-3

* '05 Quarterfinals, Mt. Pleasant vs. Jo Byrns, JB won 21-20

* '06 Quarterfinals, Jo Byrns vs. Mt. Pleasant, MTP won 30-28

* '08 Semifinals, McKenzie vs. Jo Byrns, JB won 31-21

...come to mind.

That is the 1 I immediately thought of when I saw this thread; the Head kid put the team on his back willed them to the victory.....